I'm making my own adventure RPG game!

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:03 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Not directly Cave Story related, though, so if that isn't the cool to your beans then I understand.

I'm making an RPG called Crapbug. It's being made in RPG Maker MV and it's about you! and your friends! You've been turned into bugs by an evil wizard and now you must go take back your world!

Alright, here are some screenshots:
p375147-0-unknown.png

p375147-1-unknown.png

This is you and your homies (you're the orange one)
p375147-2-unknown.png

I don't have much in terms of actual gameplay images, I will post more here if you guys are interested though!

I don't know when it'll be finished, I predict though, if I keep working on it during my freetime, then I might have it done by this summer. That's the goal, at least...I don't expect this to take long at all. This isn't a huge project or anything lol. At worst, you'll be seeing it next year. That's not too far off, right?

I can update through this thread on different development updates and stuff, if you guys are interested!!

I did post this on my own profile, but I decided to make it a thread so I can update here without spammin' my profile with it...

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:56 PM
"Huzzah!"
Not directly Cave Story related, though, so if that isn't the cool to your beans then I understand.

I'm making an RPG called Crapbug. It's being made in RPG Maker MV and it's about you! and your friends! You've been turned into bugs by an evil wizard and now you must go take back your world!

Alright, here are some screenshots:
p375147-0-unknown.png

p375147-1-unknown.png

This is you and your homies (you're the orange one)
p375147-2-unknown.png

I don't have much in terms of actual gameplay images, I will post more here if you guys are interested though!

I don't know when it'll be finished, I predict though, if I keep working on it during my freetime, then I might have it done by this summer. That's the goal, at least...I don't expect this to take long at all. This isn't a huge project or anything lol. At worst, you'll be seeing it next year. That's not too far off, right?

I can update through this thread on different development updates and stuff, if you guys are interested!!

I did post this on my own profile, but I decided to make it a thread so I can update here without spammin' my profile with it...
This might be harsh but the graphics you made look like crude MS Paint Deviantart drawings.
EDIT: Sorry, I failed to realize that this RPG is satirical.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 12:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
This might be harsh but the graphics you made look like crude MS Paint Deviantart drawings.
EDIT: Sorry, I failed to realize that this RPG is satirical.
yeah, it's meant to be satirical in a few ways. Also, the artstyle is supposed to be similar to that as well. It's not meant to be an extremely serious thing lol

Feb 10, 2021 at 12:56 AM
"Huzzah!"
yeah, it's meant to be satirical in a few ways. Also, the artstyle is supposed to be similar to that as well. It's not meant to be an extremely serious thing lol
I see. Well, have fun making it I guess.

Feb 17, 2021 at 5:00 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
New snapshot. Meet Grandma Bee, an old timer who knows more than she wants you to know, at least right now. But she's friendly, don't worry. Make yourself at home, young bug friend,. Maybe have some soup, it's Granny's specialty! She knows you have a job to do, but she wants you to be healthy first.

1613537915604.png

Also, sidenote, I'm not gonna show too much of the game publicly, mostly just because I want to prevent ya'll from knowing what to expect (at least for now). This is mostly so expectations aren't too high for this and it doesn't effect my anxiety or anything (I actually want to finish this lol, too many projects get painted too big for me and I always give up and move on to a different one because of it) So I'm sorry if that's bad. I'll still post screenshots and stuff every now and then, but don't expect them too much.

I'll still post progress updates and stuff, for those interested, and I am willing to answer questions. Heck, I was even thinking of releasing a demo sometime this month, and I'll DEFINITELY keep you updated on that! But for now, here you go. See you...soon.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021 at 6:00 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Satwon, I'm really hyped to see where you take this project of yours and how it will turn out in the end. Best wishes to you!

Feb 20, 2021 at 2:44 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Satwon, I'm really hyped to see where you take this project of yours and how it will turn out in the end. Best wishes to you!
Best wishes to you too!
1613789061889.png

Feb 20, 2021 at 5:50 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Update on CrapBug's progress.

I got a new font
1613800080389.png

Also, friendly advice cat. Not only will you encounter pun-spitting horses and chickens that say bruh, you'll also meet friendly cats along the way who want nothing but to help you throughout your journey, through the kindness of their words.
Ignore the dude on the left, we don't have his sprites done yet. And that building on the right will be important later ;)

Mar 1, 2021 at 4:30 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Update:
New title screen!! New textbox, and new art, too!

1614572672635.png

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm gonna get a demo out until a little into March. These last few weeks have been busy and I don't think it'll ease up anytime soon. The plan was to get a demo out sometime in February and surprise ya'll with it, but uh...tomorrow's March already, so...yeah. Good grief.

Anyways, I hope this title screen looks swell!!

Mar 5, 2021 at 4:30 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
It made me remember about Sunky Adventures lol

Mar 8, 2021 at 8:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
I think minimalistic art like that is charming, I really like how the butterfly-looking thing looks.

Mar 10, 2021 at 4:49 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Long time no see, folks! Got another update for you.

1615351225699.png
1615351336543.png
Quite a big one, too!

Crapbug is now 3D. I'm using a special plugin known as "MV3D" which turns the environments 3D. As you can see, there are two modes:

3rd Person: When the player is on the overworld, the camera will be behind them. You can use the Q and E keys to turn the camera!

1st person: When the player enters any buildings/dungeons/whatever isn't the overworld or outside, the camera will shift to the player character's POV. This is to make dungeons feel more immersive,
as well as make conversations with peeps inside houses more interesting. It uses tank controls, though, which MIGHT be an issue but I think it'll be easy to get used to.

This really isn't as complicated as it looks, and some RPG Maker stuff is slightly more harder to implement (given the 3D space that needs to be taken into account) but I hope this makes the game seem a little more interesting than your run-of-the-mill RPG Maker game!

Also, thank you everyone for the kind words! I'm happy so many people are slowly becoming interested in this. I can't wait to show off more, when I can.