Ikachan+ - A remastered version of Pixel's Ikachan (WIP)

Jun 10, 2018 at 5:27 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hello everybody!

A week ago I started working on a small project because I have a lot of spare time. My goal is to remake Ikachan from scratch with:

• Upgraded graphics (will still include the original graphics),
  • Remastered soundtrack (will still include the original soundtrack too),
  • (Maybe) a longer story,
  • Gamepad support,
  • Achivements,
  • Speedrun Mode,
  • Calendar events,
  • And more...

I made a Gamejolt page for the game here.

Here a little video of the game (Work in Progress):

If anyone would like to participate in the game's creation, feel free to contact me.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2018 at 6:15 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
The game engine looks pretty true to the original, so good job on replicating that. The "remastered" soundtrack also sounds nice. I guess I'll also be interested to see how this remake of Ikachan goes. Sorry to see that you're in a situation where another person just so happens to be working on a similar project at the same time, I hope that the situation doesn't deter your or Scrambles' desire to complete some cool projects.

Jun 10, 2018 at 6:20 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The game engine looks pretty true to the original, so good job on replicating that. The "remastered" soundtrack also sounds nice. I guess I'll also be interested to see how this remake of Ikachan goes. Sorry to see that you're in a situation where another person just so happens to be working on a similar project at the same time, I hope that the situation doesn't deter your or Scrambles' desire to complete some cool projects.

Thanks, I'm glad you like the early version.
Also, coincidences like that happens all the time to me.

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:27 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I'm sure your remake/remaster is way better than mine! You got the physics, graphics, delicious sound, and everything!

I'm really sorry to be doing something so similar at the same time. Perhaps I should have worked on it earlier..

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm sure your remake/remaster is way better than mine! You got the physics, graphics, delicious sound, and everything!

I'm really sorry to be doing something so similar at the same time. Perhaps I should have worked on it earlier..

There is no way to know at 100% if you're making something that hasn't been done before.
But if you want, we can work together.

Jun 10, 2018 at 10:09 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
No thanks, I think I'd want to stick to my own remake. I'm already so far into learning GML (a C++ and Pascal-ish derivative), that I might as well keep going.
Plus, I was thinking more of a completely reanimated, non-pixelated version using GIRakaCHEEZER's music.

And, again, I'm certain yours will turn out way better than mine.

Really excited to see it!

Last edited: