Ikachan 3DS Eshop

Feb 4, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
andwhyisit said:
I highly doubt Ikachan has been Ruined FOREVER, my good sir ;)

But of course, this comes from someone who isn't personally a huge fan of Ika. I'd probably get rather upset if some idiot made a terrible Ōkami prequel/sequel, but thankfully the people over there seem to have enough respect for it. Can't say the same for Crash Bandicoot...

Also...linking to TvTropes? Silly Andwhy, don't you know that most of the people here hate TvTropes for some reason? Apparently it ruins lives, but I must be immune because this site causes more problems for me :p

Feb 4, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
lkachan is to short i really did not like it

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:00 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
kingtristan said:
lkachan is to short i really did not like it
That makes no sense. If you hated it then you would be happy that it was so short.

Feb 5, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
andwhyisit said:
That makes no sense. If you hated it then you would be happy that it was so short.
Maybe it was good, but he didn't like the fact that it was so short.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
Maybe it was good, but he didn't like the fact that it was so short.
Which would be saying that he liked it, hence his statement doesn't make any sense.

Feb 5, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
GIRakaCHEEZER said:
Which would be saying that he liked it, hence his statement doesn't make any sense.
Ah! Good point.

It'd be nice if kingtristan told us him(?)self, but I've seen this sort of situation alot and I doubt that would happen...

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
The statement works. The game really is too short and from what I've read there is not enough added to fix that. It still doesn't have enough time to fully explore its mechanics even a bit and is minimalistic. This makes it frustrating and it made me wish there was more. Not just more fetch quests, but different enemies and upgrades and additions to its core. Instead its an inadequete game as a result. For its original purposes that's fine, but this e shop version is not something you should have to pay for.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:20 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
The statement works. The game really is too short and from what I've read there is not enough added to fix that. It still doesn't have enough time to fully explore its mechanics even a bit and is minimalistic. This makes it frustrating and it made me wish there was more. Not just more fetch quests, but different enemies and upgrades and additions to its core. Instead its an inadequete game as a result. For its original purposes that's fine, but this e shop version is not something you should have to pay for.
...or at least paying 5 dollars (in the u.s.) for it. Maybe if it was a dollar or two I'd be okay with it.

Feb 16, 2013 at 10:15 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
i was going to buy it too cause you know, it'd be fun to play anywhere... i guess.. but then when it came out i saw it was like 5 bucks.. no way -_-
btw... i started playing pc ikachan and am like 10 mins in, got the pointy hat, is there a way i can pierce the sponge blocks sideways? i went back to the area where I first woke up and saw the starfish dude but i can't figure out how to get him out.. t_t

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
AkitoKitty said:
i was going to buy it too cause you know, it'd be fun to play anywhere... i guess.. but then when it came out i saw it was like 5 bucks.. no way -_-
btw... i started playing pc ikachan and am like 10 mins in, got the pointy hat, is there a way i can pierce the sponge blocks sideways? i went back to the area where I first woke up and saw the starfish dude but i can't figure out how to get him out.. t_t
Find the capacitator, it is in the top of the map. (you get to it after an earthquake)

Feb 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Have you ever gone to a tourist site and a squid named, you guessed it, John, is wearing a dunc- spike cap? Squidchan is a much better name... for a squid, of course.

(In the non translated version it's a dunce cap)

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It finally came out, huh?

I'll need to get it, just to see the crazy translations they added.

Jun 1, 2013 at 3:00 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
emayer said:
Oh goodness, Pinky's father says "Huzzah" in this translation. Is Nicalis trolling us?
Lol ikr

Jun 2, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
emayer said:
Oh goodness, Pinky's father says "Huzzah" in this translation. Is Nicalis trolling us?
I noticed that too. Sure, NiCALIS didn't use "Huzzah" In the CS Ports/CS+, but they add it to another game? I am still waiting till Nicalis releases the update for CS where Huzzah replaces all mentions of Oh yeah :balrog:

Jun 9, 2013 at 5:13 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Johnny...
I can't believe Balrog can't say Huzzah, but Pinky's father can.

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:24 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Not really sure why it's even on the eShop, since, as has been said multiple times before, it was just a quick project done by Pixel that can be completed in half an hour and downloaded for free elsewhere, but whatever floats the boat, I suppose.

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:56 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Ikachan was just too short of a game to be 5 bucks. The gameplay is like half an hour. Being developed by pixel, I expected a longer game, lol. I guess it goes to show how he's gotten better at what he does.

I also like how the translation literally says "Here's johnny!"

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:17 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
well you could've just played the free version

Jul 6, 2018 at 7:47 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Obviously, yes.