I am currently making a cave story multiplayer game in GAME MAKER 8

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
hey guys! i am making a cave story multiplayer game in game maker 8! really.....its possible.first you need sprites of quote and curly.
put in the events and actions just how you want it to be.....make quote for boys who play the game and curly for girls! :) then....here is the funny part! for login make event mouse button left pressed load user action....for create an account, event left mouse pressed is create user action.......now multiplayer...add other quotes and curlys that aren't really other users.....i know its cheating......but i am currently working on it......download the link i change every month for a newer and updated version of my game!!!! xD

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:03 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Gamemaker 8? Woah, all I've managed to make with that is a game about cheese xD
The mod sounds like a good idea, but it's not really multiplayer...

Apr 14, 2012 at 10:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
there are many cool stuff you can do with game maker pro like multiplayer, scrolling shooter ,platformer,1st person shooter and many more type games (read tutorials on its site) u can get pro here for free
http://filetram.com/...-rar-8828409248
and i probably will finish my mod 5 days later...... u can get coins, spend coins for items like mimiga mask, during holidays, christmas quote dark quote, yellow quote etc..... clearer quote (link cave story Wii).But i am not sure if it will work.i will post the link here to download the game when i am done and if it is working correctly

Apr 14, 2012 at 2:33 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
makn gamz is easy guiz,..........you just gotta push teh butans and make the duds ont he creen move around!!.............its take maybe like a coupl ours tops ur al pretty dum for not thinkin o this furst.....anyway ok by
if this isn't a troll then I'm not sure what to think.

Apr 14, 2012 at 3:13 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
please don't be rude......you will like it. :orangebell: I just have a problem in making it based on the IP address and the chat box......or it would have been the best mod anyways
:pignon2: :critter: :sue: it may nod be that good.....but please please PLEASE don't put bad comments about it

if anyone can, please send me some sprites for the map to different locations......also if you don't mind, please give me backgrounds and tilesets of the orignal cave story :) :) :hoppy: (secondly, how do i start a new topic?i can't find start new topic button)

Apr 14, 2012 at 6:38 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Why don't you just download cave story yourself in order to get the sprites and tilesets?

Apr 14, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Smileys are one hell of a drug, son, I'd lay off a bit if I were you.
Or if I wanted friends.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Been here way too long...
If you give us a working alpha version of your game, we will probably stop making fun of you. Until then, I'm afraid it's just gonna happen and you'll have to put up with it. Think of it as encouragement.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Based Member
I'm confused. Is this a mod that will use the CS engine, or are you going to make this in Game Maker? If the latter, then this should probably be moved to the Indie Games Game Development and Modding Showcase section.

Apr 14, 2012 at 8:50 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
oh hey i didn't even look at what section this was in
+1 to OP for reading the section titles and nothing else

Apr 14, 2012 at 9:00 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
You guys are meanies.

But yeah, uhh, I don't know if things are as simple as you make them out to be, Toxicmanguy.

Apr 15, 2012 at 7:56 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
ok ok i will once i am done! please give me time! AND SECONDLY, WHERE IS THE START NEW TOPIC BUTTON? :confused:

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i really don't think i am posting it here! you guys will make fun of me! :( That's why i am only posting it on my siteIF YOU GUYS STOP TEASING ME THEN I CAN MAKE A BETTER VERSION!(GIVE ME TIME AS WELL)

Apr 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think you're the only one who could possibly make us stop teasing you. But is that notion too rational or legitimate for you to consider?

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:04 PM
Based Member
There are three things you can do that will hopefully ease the teasing:

1) Take initiative to have better capitalization, punctuation, and spelling.
2) Take it easy with the emoticons. (When I say emoticons, I mean these thingies: :) :cool: :rolleyes: :confused: :p :eek: :( :D :mad: ;) )
3) Before posting, take a bit of time to examine how this whole thing works. If you don't have a general idea of how a forum works, then upon joining, you'll find yourself asking really, really silly questions like, "Where is the new topic button???" Which, by the way, is here:
Howtostartathread.jpg

Apr 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
how could he have made *this* thread without knowing where the new thread button is
riddle me that, batman

Apr 15, 2012 at 6:29 PM
Based Member
how could he have made *this* thread without knowing where the new thread button is
riddle me that, batman
Wait... You're saying that he didn't originally post this in a currently existing topic, and that you didn't split the posts into its own thread, and that he actually started his own new topic? Then that makes no sense that he's asking how to do something he's already done. Maybe it's just that he thinks there's a difference between a topic and a thread?

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
wtf.

Apr 16, 2012 at 3:30 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
This site gets all the best idiots.

Apr 16, 2012 at 7:09 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
riddle me that, batman
ok ok i will once i am done! please give me time! AND SECONDLY, WHERE IS THE START NEW TOPIC BUTTON? :confused:
I understand your pain Noxid but if you read Toxicman's post you'll see that he actually did not know where it was.....

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:46 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
actually, once i posted this thread.....I FORGOT WHERE THE NEW THREAD BUTTON WAS.....LOL.ANYWAYS I FAILED MAKING IT BECAUSE MY DATA OF THAT GAME GOT ERASED.SO I MAY TRY HACKING CAVE STORY :)