• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

How to make a cave story mod?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Jul 1, 2018 at 7:02 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Alright it's time for me to create a mod myself and not just play them
Sooo how do you do this?

Jul 1, 2018 at 7:21 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You start with an idea, and a willingness to be independent. Asking for help if you've run into a problem is one thing, but asking others to do things like actually doing the coding and assets for you is certainly frowned upon.

You then hop over to the CSTSF Modding Discord and look in their #modding-tutorials channel. As far as I know, those resources are the most up to date and focus more on Booster's Lab rather than Cave Editor, which is what the basic editor's guide on the Tribute Site focuses on. That also seems to be the place where Cave Story modders are most active, but...I could be wrong.

Jul 1, 2018 at 7:55 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Thanks a lot

Jul 1, 2018 at 3:15 PM
Okay I give up... for now
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Jul 1, 2018 at 3:29 PM
Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"