How the heck do I beat Ballos?!?

Feb 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hey, I'm new to the Blood Stained Sancuary/Hell/Sacred Grounds/UgggggIhatethisplacesomuch...

So, to me, the platforming is easy, and I can get through Hell in about 11 minutes.(No, I'm not trying to speedrun.) But the part that gets me is Ballos.

He always kills me on his second form, if I use the life pot or not.

Does anyone have any tips?

Please?

Feb 22, 2018 at 4:15 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well, if you're having trouble on the second form even after using the Life Pot, I think the problem may just be pattern recognition. Form 2 has a very simple pattern, but it can do a crazy amount of damage if you're not careful. It also has a somewhat tough to hit weak point. I would recommend not even trying to attack him at first; just stay on the ground and learn his pattern without being distracted by trying to simultaneously damage him too. Once you have a very good idea of his movement, then slowly start trying to build up damage. There's no time limit, obviously, so just take your time with it and try to prioritize not taking damage over dealing it yourself.

Feb 22, 2018 at 5:03 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Well, if you're having trouble on the second form even after using the Life Pot, I think the problem may just be pattern recognition. Form 2 has a very simple pattern, but it can do a crazy amount of damage if you're not careful. It also has a somewhat tough to hit weak point. I would recommend not even trying to attack him at first; just stay on the ground and learn his pattern without being distracted by trying to simultaneously damage him too. Once you have a very good idea of his movement, then slowly start trying to build up damage. There's no time limit, obviously, so just take your time with it and try to prioritize not taking damage over dealing it yourself.

Hm. Okay, I'll try that. Seems that might be it. Mainly the problem is that he LANDS on me, whitch does 14 damage(or 16?) and it kills me every time.
Grr. I HATE you, Ballos.

Feb 23, 2018 at 10:26 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Hey, I'm new to the Blood Stained Sancuary/Hell/Sacred Grounds/UgggggIhatethisplacesomuch...

So, to me, the platforming is easy, and I can get through Hell in about 11 minutes.(No, I'm not trying to speedrun.) But the part that gets me is Ballos.

He always kills me on his second form, if I use the life pot or not.

Does anyone have any tips?

Please?
By killing him

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:10 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Hm. Okay, I'll try that. Seems that might be it. Mainly the problem is that he LANDS on me, whitch does 14 damage(or 16?) and it kills me every time.
Grr. I HATE you, Ballos.
The way I deal with Phase 2 Ballos' hops is by short-hopping over the shockwave he makes upon hitting the ground and then boosting underneath him as he hops again towards me. Just do that until he stops for a moment to rest, and then unload into his eye(s) for a little while before going back to dodging. Doesn't hurt to shoot him now and then if the opportunity arises, though.

By killing him
quality post

Feb 23, 2018 at 11:21 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
In reality, try watching other people complete it and pick up strategies. here's one I made:

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:15 AM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i always thought the 1st and 3rd form are super hard the second is the easiest for me

for the second i just jump in the eye or whatever theres just a tiny area you can sit on him and you can just blast him
he may knock you off but you can get back on use the blade or something and just press the x key a ton of times

do you have tips on how to beat stage 1 easier especially the lightning or how to avoid those big spike balls

Mar 9, 2018 at 6:49 PM