How the Demon Flowers make the Mimiga rabbid

May 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
TheDoctor said:
Indeed, but i think its very likely that the island was made by her. She IS a witch afterall, and a powerful one, oh and, Date didn't exist when the island was made(common the island is older than him) so he has no idea they are there.
I don't remember there being any evidence that she just up and /made/ the island. How powerful witches and wizards can get in this universe is uncertain, but I don't think it goes as high as that. It's much more likely that the island floats through natural/magical means, or some other theory on why it's there.

(Do not gather thy thoughts from the wiki, but turn thy eyes and close thy heart to it, and be ye saved.)

Also, there's a bit of a flaw in your thinking on Fuyuhiko:how did he know the Demon Crown was there, then?

It's obvious he's done some sort of research to learn of the super powerful magical crown and the potential army of killer rabbits. That research likely contained info on the red flowers, which he also stayed at his mountain to study right then and there. If they were available on the Surface, he could have studied them down there, right?

Personally, I agree with andwhyisit's theory the most...

May 17, 2014 at 6:42 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Polaris said:
I don't remember there being any evidence that she just up and /made/ the island. How powerful witches and wizards can get in this universe is uncertain, but I don't think it goes as high as that. It's much more likely that the island floats through natural/magical means, or some other theory on why it's there.

(Do not gather thy thoughts from the wiki, but turn thy eyes and close thy heart to it, and be ye saved.)

Also, there's a bit of a flaw in your thinking on Fuyuhiko:how did he know the Demon Crown was there, then?

It's obvious he's done some sort of research to learn of the super powerful magical crown and the potential army of killer rabbits. That research likely contained info on the red flowers, which he also stayed at his mountain to study right then and there. If they were available on the Surface, he could have studied them down there, right?

Personally, I agree with andwhyisit's theory the most...
hmm, good point, but i still think the flowers may have been transfered for the surface by some way into the island

May 20, 2014 at 12:27 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
TheDoctor said:
hmm, good point, but i still think the flowers may have been transfered for the surface by some way into the island
You missed the point. If the Doctor could get Red Flowers from the surface then why bother with the storeroom? All he would need to do is grab some Red Flowers from the surface and he would have more flowers for a hell of a lot less work. If the Red Flowers were on the surface then Quote's mission to destroy the Red Flowers in the storeroom was a fools errand, and someone would have said something. The reason for all of this is because Red Flowers DO NOT grow on the surface.

May 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Hmmm, well then how did they apear atall? or the island? i will make a thread for this, so this wont apear as oftopic.

May 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM
Professional Whatever
The flowers exist because they were grown by the mimigas I presume. However, after the flowers were used as a weapon in a war with the surface, they were probably gathered and transferred to the storehouse. Why they didn't simply destroy them I'm not sure, but that's beside the point.

May 20, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
TheDoctor said:
Hmmm, well then how did they apear atall? or the island? i will make a thread for this, so this wont apear as oftopic.
I think you meant to say "on" the island, so I'll assume that for this reply.

It's possible either way that the flowers could have originated from either the surface or the island, though, considering the situation in the game, it's much more likely that (at that time), Red flowers are only accessible on the island.

Also, could you please stop saying "hmmm" at the beginning of every reply you post? It's starting to get annoying.
andwhyisit said:
You missed the point. If the Doctor could get Red Flowers from the surface then why bother with the storeroom? All he would need to do is grab some Red Flowers from the surface and he would have more flowers for a hell of a lot less work. If the Red Flowers were on the surface then Quote's mission to destroy the Red Flowers in the storeroom was a fools errand, and someone would have said something. The reason for all of this is because Red Flowers DO NOT grow on the surface.
Even if the Red flowers are only available on the island (during the events of the game), which is the more likely case, then it's still entirely possible for their origin to be from the surface.

May 21, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
Nadojin said:
Even if the Red flowers are only available on the island (during the events of the game), which is the more likely case, then it's still entirely possible for their origin to be from the surface.
That's why I said it in the present tense.

But if they came from the surface at some point then how do you explain their connection to the crown? And if there was no connection to either crown or Ballos and the whole thing was a coincidence then why did Sue and Misery return to normal after the fight?

May 21, 2014 at 1:02 AM
Perpetually out of it
andwhyisit said:
I believe that the Red Flowers are a byproduct of Ballos' magic, and of course so is the crown. The crown can control rabid Mimigas because of this.
So if the core acts as a suppressor of Ballos' magic then we can also assume that its destruction granted Ballos control over his own magic again. Drawing his magic back to himself would remove the power from the Red Flowers and revert all rabbid Mimigas back to normal.
Just gonna use this is a reference to look back on.
A simple answer could be "because the doctor had influence over them from the red crystal", but that would raise the question of how he was able to control them in the first place, to which the response is the Red Crystal. If the Doctor was able to control them through the power of the Crystal for the fight, it would make sense that once he died, his influence over them would cease.
In regards to your post above, the Core may limit the magic he uses to cause the island to fall, it's completely unknown whether or not that's the only magic of his it suppresses.

May 21, 2014 at 3:40 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I figured that the Red Flowers simply resulted from a leak in magical power. I mean the crown uses Ballos' magic and it works fine, so I suspect that Ballos' magical power isn't suppressed but rather his ability to use said magic. Regardless I doubt that the workings of the seal on Ballos' magic will be a simple affair.

And the Red Crystal is just concentrated Red Flower, so apart from being stronger I cannot see it having any different properties. The death of the Doctor might release his control on Sue and Misery, but there's no reason why they should return to normal afterwards under such logic.

May 21, 2014 at 3:53 AM
Perpetually out of it
Well I don't know about you, but last I checked, being able to resurrect someone from death, in addition to being able to move independently from its "host" (as seen after the Doctor dies, the crystal moves on its own, without control of the Doctor, as evidence from the fact that he acts amused when it brings his conscience back, as if he was surprised that it was capable of doing so) aren't exactly properties I remember the Red flower exhibiting.
I feel like these theories keep on branching out into larger, more complicated theories...