How many of you have cave story for the DSI on the DSI?

Feb 4, 2019 at 7:57 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Feb 4, 2019 at 1:39 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
It just seems odd because yes, they are different games. Which makes me wonder why this one didn't get a digital release unlike every other version of this game

Feb 5, 2019 at 4:14 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Whaat?! Well, i don't have a DSI.

Feb 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The DSI version was my first version.
I carried it over to my 3ds along with a few other exclusive apps (I also have VVVVV, maybe I should fix and hack that thing later)

Now that I look back at it, the org playback was very iffy, all of the hats didn't sound like the normal orgmaker ones, rather, just a straight up toggle noise channel with no decay in volume added onto it.

It was a good port, for the longest time I never knew what the curly mode button was, it was just labelled ????? and I read up online about something called "Curly mode", I didn't find out how to unlock it until I accidentally did it on my own when I did my playthrough of the steam version.

For its time, it was a solid Cave Story port that introduced many people to the game.
Though I wish I didn't have the blue dsi xl, I'd rather have a different color now that I think about it, my ds lite was red and then my 3ds was blue again, but then the edge hit and I got black everything from there.

Feb 6, 2019 at 3:15 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
the audio sounded pitched differently than other versions.
It does, but weird thing about it, because i thought of recording the music from my 3DS, I noticed that it sounds like as it should compared to the vanilla music! Maybe it's off-tune? It's definitely not off-pitch

Feb 7, 2019 at 11:37 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
the dsi port is the best cs mp3 :D