How is Balrog?

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I've been thinking on this for awhile, and it doesn't look like any threads explain this well.
How is Balrog? Is he great? Or simply okay? Maybe even in a moderate state of discontent.
I feel like there is a lot of discussion that can come from this topic.

Mar 5, 2015 at 12:21 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I like the enthusiasm, but where does this go towards directly being a theory? Seems like something to go into discussion of cave story, rather than theorizing.

I guess, if I had to theorize how he was, though, he seemed pretty happy at the end of Cave Story with Quote and Curly. That depends on what ending you take as canon, though, I suppose. If the bad ending is canon, he probably is depressively fighting against the humans with the doctor. If the somewhat good ending is canon, for all we know he could have died.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:27 PM
"Huzzah!"
CelloThine said:
I like the enthusiasm, but where does this go towards directly being a theory? Seems like something to go into discussion of cave story, rather than theorizing.

I guess, if I had to theorize how he was, though, he seemed pretty happy at the end of Cave Story with Quote and Curly. That depends on what ending you take as canon, though, I suppose. If the bad ending is canon, he probably is depressively fighting against the humans with the doctor. If the somewhat good ending is canon, for all we know he could have died.
They're all canon, but I think the one that should be the one that people theorize off of, etc. is the

Hidden text highlight (or click) to view:

Best Ending of which you speak at first (where you kill Ballos)

^spoiler
, since that's the complete ending where you do literally everything you can.

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:49 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
[Balrog visiting the Doctor (no, a real medical one)]:
Doctor: How are you, Balrog?
Balrog: You've got to help me, Doc! I don't have a waist - I think someone threw it in the trash...

(Okay, let's try this again...)

(Balrog engaging in polite conversation with someone):
Stranger: How are you, Balrog?
Balrog: Oh, I'm fine, thank you!
(I honestly have a hard time imagining that...)

Okay, seriously, with the (bad and) best ending, it's not too hard to imagine how he is. In the second ending, though: The only time we see him after the Boulder Chamber is in the credits, where he's nursing sick Gaudis in the Labyrinth. I can't come up with any theory, anything, right now, but I wonder: Why is he there, doing what he is, where did he get the first-aid cap from, who (if anyone) told him to do it, where's Misery, how did the island fare after falling (apparently not too bad, right?), etc.
My mind is a blank for now on these things, but it seems interesting to theorize on it seriously.
What do you all think?

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:35 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
F_Deity_Link said:
I'm pretty sure that was Puu Black, not Balrog.
That actually depends on what ending do you get. In the normal ending is balrog who's in the nursery, but in the best ending Puu Black substitutes him.

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM
tem go to colleg and make u prouds!!!
Is no one going to mention that he runs around falling from the sky and yelling HUZZAH/OH YEAH even after being attacked by Quote and apparently Misery? He seems pretty damn happy.

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Wow, this really helped with some idea I had for a sort of post-normal ending mod. This is gonna be fun :D

Mar 5, 2015 at 4:54 PM
Professional Whatever
You all disappoint me

Mar 5, 2015 at 5:19 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Mar 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Bal bal rog rog- *pokes noxid*

Balrog is fine, how about you?

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:03 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
We went for tea the other day. He didn't have any, but says life's going okay. Some trouble with the government regarding his legality, but for the moment he's working as a nurse and living with Quote and Curly. ^_^

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:22 AM
Forever 12
Balrog seems pretty chill.

He was only being a jerk because of the demon crown,
So in all honesty, I'd become besties with him if he was real.

Besides, Who wouldn't want to be friends with a flying bar of soap that acts like the kool-aid man?

Mar 6, 2015 at 3:28 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
it's no use, doors

Mar 6, 2015 at 8:03 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
I think my post in the "Why is Balrog" thread could be used here, just in a different context of "How" to the question.

On the topic of the question, I think he's pretty cool. He's happy AND as a plus, can't get injured by soap in his eyes.