How I edit?!

Feb 1, 2009 at 2:37 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
I see all these threads about how to to editing stuff, but there is no thread about how I actually start my fun with editing. Right now, the best I can do is take screenshots and change them around in paint. I would really appreciate it if somebody would help. As for "SW", I can't figure a single thing out. Maybe it should have a guide.

I wanna edit, so please help.:p

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nateshootingxa9.png

Feb 1, 2009 at 4:53 PM
In front of a computer
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
realcsfan said:
Well, you guys all seem to be useless.
Well, really, that's the best possible way to get advice. :p Because, you know, we really want to help someone who starts by insulting us. :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2009 at 2:39 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Sorry! :D

Still, you must admit it... :rolleyes:

Feb 2, 2009 at 3:46 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Man, I was gonna help you but after I saw the quoted message, ugh.

Sorry but rudeness won't get you anywhere.

Try renaming the .pmb to .bmp and editing with Paint/Another image software. This is the only thing you are getting from me.

Feb 2, 2009 at 4:29 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
realcsfan said:
I see all these threads about how to to editing stuff, but there is no thread about how I actually start my fun with editing. Right now, the best I can do is take screenshots and change them around in paint. I would really appreciate it if somebody would help. As for "SW", I can't figure a single thing out. Maybe it should have a guide.

I wanna edit, so please help.:D

http://img49.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nateshootingxa9.png

Okay, let's just take a look at the "Before posting..." sticky in this section of the forums.

S. P. Gardebiter said:
1. Make sure that you have searched in the forums before, there often IS a answer.
2. Make sure to look at the Cave Story Hacking FAQ.
3. If you still haven't found your question, post the thread and describe your problem as good as possible.
4. If you want to post something that you discovered then make sure it's not already posted somewhere.

Alright, so obviously you are already in violation of rule one, as you have not done enough searching.

I would say your in violation of rule 2, but I couldn't find the faq in the forums anywhere I found the thread but it has a dead link Cave Story Hacking FAQ, but there *is* a copy of the faq in the guides section of the tribute site, but it is also a dead link.

Still, I find it very odd that using sue's workshop has gotten you nowhere, for the program is very easy to navigate without a guide. This, and the fact that the thread is titled "How I edit?!" (grammar nazis are coming for you), leads me to believe you are not a bright person.
realcsfan said:
Sorry! :o

Still, you must admit it... :rolleyes:

There's really nothing to admit, as these forums are REALLY helpful in pointing you in the right direction to start modding. The editors (SW, CE, MIZA) are just gold by themselves, and there's enough threads to learn how to sucessfully import orgs and how to hack the npc.tbl and how to edit weapon values.

Despite your thread being pointless, it did actually show that these 2 links to the FAQ were dead, maybe SP could update these links? And also I think the Cavestory Hacking FAQ should be stickied, so we don't get more threads like these.

Feb 2, 2009 at 12:26 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Feb 2, 2009 at 5:33 PM
In front of a computer
realcsfan said:
Sorry! :o

Still, you must admit it... :o
I can categorically declare that i am far from useless.

Feb 2, 2009 at 7:39 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
really the title sounds like how he edits in an editor

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Hoxtilicious
HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

But yeah I should really update those links.

Feb 4, 2009 at 3:15 AM
In front of a computer
Don't listen to Jacob.

Or, rather, replace all instances of "make a mod" or "start a mod" in his post with "post a mod"

In other words, don't post a mod until you know what you're doing.

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:42 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Yeah, which is why Jacob's mod died like many others (including some of mine) :)

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:43 PM
Well, I wasn't really planning on a mod anyhow. Not yet, at least. But seriously guys, please help me. What do I do with all those numbers you always talk about? How do I do whatever with profile.dat? How do I change weapons? I could really use your help with this.

Please, give me your aid!

Feb 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Justin-chan
uselesscsfan said:
Sorry!

Still, you must admit it...
A bit late but...
Hey useless bum, why don't you answer all your questions instead of calling others useless?

Even if I can't do something, I ask for help nicely rather than call others useless.

But seriously guys, please help me. What do I do with all those numbers you always talk about?
Edit them.

And here's another tip, don't delete them.

How do I do whatever with profile.dat?
By doing whatever with it.

How do I change weapons?
Use the A and S key in-game.

If you mean edit their properties, you need to change more of those numbers we love to talk about but keep you out of the loop of.

I could really use your help with this.
What? Are you useless?

Please, give me your aid!
Why do you need help from useless people?

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:10 AM
What must I do to have you guys stop telling me how stupid I am? As for me saying you are useless, I meant that I looked all through the Hacking/Mod forum thread thing (all the pages), and found nothing to help me.

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:33 AM
In front of a computer
Well, that was a bad way to say it. You've insulted us, and we have taken offense.

Now. I suggest you open up Sue's workshop and play around with it a little. You will need to open up the Cave Story application (the doukutsu.exe file) with Sue's Workshop, of course. I'd recommend working on a copy – make a copy of the whole Cave Story folder to experiment on.

Then come back here with specific questions and either search for the answers or create a new thread to ask them.

Feb 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM
Justin-chan
What must I do to have you guys stop telling me how stupid I am?
First you say we're useless, then you tell us to admit that we're useless, now you come calling yourself stupid?

Wow. How quickly do we change, eh?

As for me saying you are useless, I meant that I looked all through the Hacking/Mod forum thread thing (all the pages), and found nothing to help me.
How are we related to your horrible searching skills?

And all your answers have been answered before in threads.

Look harder, have fun.

Plus "How do I do whatever with Profile.dat?" is horrible phrasing and we (Read: The Useless) can't help you until we have more information.

What you're basically doing for that sentence is like "I need to do this to Profile.dat" without telling us what "this" is.

Feb 6, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Been here way too long...
Number = hex numbers.
Get a hex editor, such as xvi32, and you will see numbers.
Just a tip though, if you want help, it's not really the best plan of action to insult the people who would otherwise help you. (your name insults me a bit to, it implies that we are all fake cs fans, which we aren't).
Everything has already been said, and if you are too stupid to understand, that's your problem, not mine.

Feb 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Hoxtilicious
Fdsfgs.

HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

HOW I EDIT?

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:49 PM
In front of a computer
Realcsfan, please change your location. It's stretching my screen, and besides it is redundant for it to be so long.