• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

How did your first playthrough go?

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Sep 13, 2018 at 3:40 PM
Gay Retard™
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I left booster
I got the machine gun
I let Curly die
I had, like, 45 max health or something like that
I had no idea the whimsical star or the spur existed
I think i got the nemesis, i'm not sure (I've always loved swords, so i doubt i would've traded it away as an eight-year old)
I never found at least half of the missile tanks
And I got the normal ending
Oh yeah, and i drowned in Start point
I'm pretty sure 90% of peoples first playthroughs go like that, assuming they're blind. The only spoilers I had was that I knew who ballos was, knew you had to rescue curly from drowning, uhhh, that you weren't supposed to talk to booster, but I didn't know how you saved curly. so I didn't.

also, how do you drown in start point? I know you can but like..how..

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 4:52 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
also, how do you drown in start point? I know you can but like..how..​
I was still getting used to using a keyboard for Cave Story. My introduction was the Wii Ware port, so i was not used to controlling CS without a wiimote

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:24 PM
Pokemon Master
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I was still getting used to using a keyboard for Cave Story. My introduction was the Wii Ware port, so i was not used to controlling CS without a wiimote
Now here is something interesting, so my introduction was the DSiWare port (rip DSiWare), and when I finally played vanilla and CS+, it all felt so much easier playing with a keyboard than it was with the button panel on a 3DS.

Sep 13, 2018 at 5:29 PM
Gay Retard™
I actually like the buttons on the 3ds version better tbh. maybe its cause I always knew how to play games on a controller & got used to it like that. actually I rarely use a pc to game, except for the 800 hours I spent on pc terraria in total a while back.

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2018 at 2:32 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Really bad....i ended up with the machine gun. Curly died and i got the bad bad ending....after that i read a guide and realized there were 2 more endings and i missed out on so much, i went back and replaed it...I have probably played and beaten this game 20 times by now

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:03 PM
Gay Retard™
Unfortunately same for me on that last part. I like trying different things on save files.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:50 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
It probably took me longer to get through it than it should have, but I ended up getting the normal ending.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:30 PM
Gay Retard™
Speaking of the normal ending, that was depressing as fuck.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I got the machine gun+booster 2.0, (Because I thought Booster should take care of himself, I wasn't using a walkthrough Lol:awesomeface::awesomeface:) learned to machine boost by accident, and beat the Doctor, Misery, and Core in my first try.

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:46 PM
Gay Retard™
but did you get the best ending

Sep 17, 2018 at 3:04 PM
Sep 18, 2018 at 12:08 AM
Gay Retard™
No, I didn't. I didn't know to go into the prefab building.
Honestly i think most people wouldn't even get the normal ending going blind. Or at least for me. I didn't even know the outer wall was as big as it was.

Sep 18, 2018 at 12:37 AM
Honestly i think most people wouldn't even get the normal ending going blind. Or at least for me. I didn't even know the outer wall was as big as it was.
Thanks!!!!!! I really appreciate that!!!:awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface:

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:42 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
The first time I played Cave Story, I got stuck on Mimiga Village. I never went to the shack. 3 years later, still haven't beaten it. I'm now in the Sand Zone.
Edit :I'm now in Labyrinth W.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 5:58 PM
Gay Retard™
The first time I played Cave Story, I got stuck on Mimiga Village. I never went to the shack. 3 years later, still haven't beaten it. I'm now in the Sand Zone.
What kept you from going to the shack though?

Sep 22, 2018 at 1:06 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I first played it on my Lakka PC in Feburay of 2018 and I got stuck on Monster X. 6 months later I bought CS+ for Switch and me and my friend beat it on easy co-op from 4:30pm-2:30am. I don't know if it was the sleep deprivation but I cried for 20 minutes when Curly died. Edit: we listened to the Ridiculon ST the entire time.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 5:31 AM
Gay Retard™
Sep 22, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Sep 23, 2018 at 6:11 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I can hardly remember despite only having first played Cave Story in January of 2016 (short term memory and all) but i'm pretty sure i did the Neutral Ending.

Sep 23, 2018 at 9:34 PM
Gay Retard™
Not gonna lie i thought you'd get the normal/best ending by something happening while you fly away. I didn't really research how to get the best or even normal ending. All i knew was that you had to not let booster die by not checking him.