How did Pixel create the waveforms for OrgMaker?

Apr 5, 2019 at 2:51 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I was looking at the Org waveforms included with PxTone, and I noticed that they look very organic. Unlike traditional computer waveforms like sawtooth waves, they have fairly natural-looking curves, and small imperfections in their shape. All of this makes me wonder what tools Pixel used to create (or sample?) these waves, and why he chose those particular sounds for OrgMaker. Did he ever talk about this in any interviews or posts?

Apr 5, 2019 at 3:32 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm certain he used a program more similar to the wave editor in PiyoPiyo (an older music format he used for the 1998 version of Azarashi, Ikachan, and earlier builds of Cave Story Beta) but it's probably lost to time or he has it hidden. I don't think it's ever mentioned why he chose those certain waves, though. I think people didn't bother to ask in the first place. Welp, at least you can modify them through either a hex editor, Audacity, and the new WaveGen100 program.

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:28 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
He obviously used WaveGen100 to make his mods.

txin just managed to bribe tyrone to give it to him and then txin just got to disguise it as his own cooking program!

Apr 5, 2019 at 4:56 AM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I don't think it's ever mentioned why he chose those certain wave
Some waves are meant to replicate those used in Ikachan (Wave47, aka my favorite wave is a good example) judging by how similar they sound and look in the wave editors.
Pixel probably just threw a huge variety of stuff in starting at wave30, and some of them just happened to be more useful than others.