How did Kazuma and Booster find out the Doctor located the red flowers?

Jul 21, 2014 at 8:53 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Back in Grasstown, Professor Booster was talking about how the Doctor became aware of the red flowers and was gathering Mimigas at that point. Then back at Mimiga Village, Kazuma calls to Professor Booster, and Booster tells Sue that they have to suspend their escape because the Doctor, at this point, has located the flowers in the Sand Zone. How did Booster know exactly when the Doctor located the flowers? Before they went back, the Doctor was still gathering the Mimigas. As they were talking about their crash landing, Sue immediately arrives in the house with King. Kazuma and Booster didn't seem to indicate anything about the Doctor's change in events.

It's a bit puzzling, because Kazuma goes to the computer after Sue asks if Quote can come with them and it is at this point Kazuma says, "Professor Booster" and Booster breaks the bad news. And the two were still transitioning out of the teleporter as they started to talk to each other, so I doubt they would have seen any indication of this by then. I'm guessing the computer is the way they found out the Doctor discovered the red flowers' whereabouts, but Booster is clearly looking at Sue, so how did he know just by Kazuma calling out his name?

Perhaps I am overthinking this, but maybe there is a form of surveillance set up throughout the areas that allows Kazuma and Booster to track the Doctor on computer. Tracking devices, a sixth sense? Maybe the Doctor updates a live feed regularly, heh.

Sorry if this directly coincides with another thread. I did perform a search for this, but I didn't get anything. The search system may have defeated me, though. This question has just been bugging me for a while.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
I don't think that there is a logical explanation to the question. There really is no way that they could have just suddenly known that the doctor found them. This is probably the biggest plot hole in cave story (at least that I can think of.)

Jul 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Momorin.

The fact that Booster teleported from Plantation's jail like 5~10 minutes before he brought it up.

Idk how badly CS+ butchers CS's fan translation, but I'm 100% certain Momorin was told to have worked by the Doctor's side, until he found the flowers and had her "thrown off the island".

Jul 21, 2014 at 2:02 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Random-storykeeper said:
Back in Grasstown, Professor Booster was talking about how the Doctor became aware of the red flowers and was gathering Mimigas at that point. Then back at Mimiga Village, Kazuma calls to Professor Booster, and Booster tells Sue that they have to suspend their escape because the Doctor, at this point, has located the flowers in the Sand Zone. How did Booster know exactly when the Doctor located the flowers? Before they went back, the Doctor was still gathering the Mimigas. As they were talking about their crash landing, Sue immediately arrives in the house with King. Kazuma and Booster didn't seem to indicate anything about the Doctor's change in events.

It's a bit puzzling, because Kazuma goes to the computer after Sue asks if Quote can come with them and it is at this point Kazuma says, "Professor Booster" and Booster breaks the bad news. And the two were still transitioning out of the teleporter as they started to talk to each other, so I doubt they would have seen any indication of this by then. I'm guessing the computer is the way they found out the Doctor discovered the red flowers' whereabouts, but Booster is clearly looking at Sue, so how did he know just by Kazuma calling out his name?

Perhaps I am overthinking this, but maybe there is a form of surveillance set up throughout the areas that allows Kazuma and Booster to track the Doctor on computer. Tracking devices, a sixth sense? Maybe the Doctor updates a live feed regularly, heh.

Sorry if this directly coincides with another thread. I did perform a search for this, but I didn't get anything. The search system may have defeated me, though. This question has just been bugging me for a while.

Maybe Booster was at the computer before the cutscene? Or only Kazuma knew about this and he told to Booster via the chat(the one you see in the first cutscene, where kazuma is starving).

Anything is possible.

Jul 21, 2014 at 3:50 PM
Beakface
ZarroTsu said:
Momorin.

The fact that Booster teleported from Plantation's jail like 5~10 minutes before he brought it up.

Idk how badly CS+ butchers CS's fan translation, but I'm 100% certain Momorin was told to have worked by the Doctor's side, until he found the flowers and had her "thrown off the island".
This all happened on the way to Grasstown though, didn't it? The only other explanation I can think of is that "becoming aware" of the red flowers and locating them are meant to be the same. To me, the former applies a generalisation that he knew they existed, but not the specific location. And the Doctor was still gathering Mimigas at this point.

Jul 21, 2014 at 4:08 PM
Been here way too long...
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
<Momorin> Yo Booster, here's the last of the resources to fix that teleporter and catch up to Kazuma. By the way, I overheard the Doctor talking about the source of the red flowers. I think he might have found them.

<Booster> Shit. Alright, I'll let Kazuma know, and we'll try to get the heck out of here when we can find Sue.

*Booster teleports out*

<Doctor> Oh Momorin, what did I tell you about helping out that old man? Misery, get rid of her.

<Momorin> Ah shi--

<Misery> It is done.

<Doctor> Good. We leave in an hour. After we get the seeds, I want you to find Booster and get him out of the way permanently.

Trufax.

Jul 21, 2014 at 7:54 PM
"Huzzah!"
<Momorin> Yo Booster, here's the last of the resources to fix that teleporter and catch up to Kazuma. By the way, I overheard the Doctor talking about the source of the red flowers. I think he might have found them.

<Booster> Shit. Alright, I'll let Kazuma know, and we'll try to get the heck out of here when we can find Sue.

*Booster teleports out*

<Doctor> Oh Momorin, what did I tell you about helping out that old man? Misery, get rid of her.

<Momorin> Ah shi--

<Misery> It is done.

<Doctor> Good. We leave in an hour. After we get the seeds, I want you to find Booster and get him out of the way permanently.

Trufax.

Cave Story's missing script. (THANK GOD, you finally found it after all these years!!! :awesomeface: )

Jul 22, 2014 at 2:13 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Because they're a gay couple.

Jul 22, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Essentially Kazuma escaped from the Plantation jail, used the teleporter, and ended up in the shack in Grasstown. Anyone that has used that teleporter can tell you that it is a strictly one-way affair. Kazuma was trapped and called for Sue to save him, but got Quote instead. Upon Quote blowing the door Booster made his escape from his cell and ended up at the shack as well.

Jul 22, 2014 at 7:58 AM
Beakface
andwhyisit said:
Essentially Kazuma escaped from the Plantation jail, used the teleporter, and ended up in the shack in Grasstown. Anyone that has used that teleporter can tell you that it is a strictly one-way affair. Kazuma was trapped and called for Sue to save him, but got Quote instead. Upon Quote blowing the door Booster made his escape from his cell and ended up at the shack as well.
Yes, I do believe that Kazuma and Booster would have known about the Doctor gathering the Mimigas as they escaped from the Plantation into the Shelter. When they were talking to each other at the Shelter, however, Booster says that the Doctor had begun gathering the Mimigas and that he is only become aware of the red flowers (also note that Booster adds that he simply "seems" to be aware of the red flowers, indicating more uncertainty). I kind of took it as this point to be that the Doctor didn't actually know the exact whereabouts of the plant, but knew that he could use them to affect Mimigas and build his army.

Kazuma and Booster ride together on the flying motor vehicle and teleport to Arthur's House. Based on Quote's use, it seems this teleporter can only take them back to that one place. Their conversation (Booster says "My life flashed before my eyes") implies that they had just come back after crash landing. Currently, the most current news they could have known about the Doctor's progress is that he is still gathering Mimigas and only aware that red flowers exist/can be used to manipulate Mimigas. That doesn't necessarily show that the Doctor has found the red flowers at this point, yet after Sue and King arrive and the four of them exchange conversation, Booster suddenly brings up the fact that the Doctor has now located the red flowers and that they are at the Sand Zone. It's quite a precise conclusion to make from the Doctor just being aware of the red flowers.

Perhaps Booster's "I have an idea." involved going to the Sand Zone, where the red flower seeds are kept. Is it possible he knew of this location beforehand and assumed that that was where the Doctor would target next?

Jul 22, 2014 at 12:05 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Random-storykeeper said:
Is it possible he knew of this location beforehand and assumed that that was where the Doctor would target next?

Yes, interesting. I think that could be our explanation. In fact, Booster was so rushed with escaping jail and riding hovercrafts, that he didn't have time too explain. Arthur's house was the most peaceful place he had been in recently, so that gave him a chance to feel them.