How can you get the Beast Fang on CS3D/Cave Story Wii?

Oct 18, 2016 at 3:36 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I was wondering if it was actually possible. I heard it's possible, but every video I saw on it don't really help.

Oct 18, 2016 at 4:59 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I don't think it's possible on Cave Story Wii, but it definitely is on Cave Story 3D. This video shows off the trick that allows you to get it. Basically, if you exit the game from the inventory screen and load up a save, it retains the flags from the area you exited.

Oct 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
...it retains the flags from the area you exited.
Not quite... it's not really about flags.

Basically from what I understand, because the inventory has its own TSC file, when you enter another save it accidentally fails to load the new TSC file, so while you appear in another map, the parser still thinks you are in the farm and uses those events when you interact with the NPCs.

You can get the same exact bug in vanilla if you put a <TRA in the inventory script and run it. I have a CS edit on the backburner where the players have access to this exploit and can race to the credits as fast as they can.

But yeah, Tpcool's video is the only real way to obtain it on 3D, and there isn't a way to do it on the Wii without hacks.

Oct 19, 2016 at 5:05 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Not quite... it's not really about flags.

Basically from what I understand, because the inventory has its own TSC file, when you enter another save it accidentally fails to load the new TSC file, so while you appear in another map, the parser still thinks you are in the farm and uses those events when you interact with the NPCs.

You can get the same exact bug in vanilla if you put a <TRA in the inventory script and run it. I have a CS edit on the backburner where the players have access to this exploit and can race to the credits as fast as they can.

But yeah, Tpcool's video is the only real way to obtain it on 3D, and there isn't a way to do it on the Wii without hacks.
Oh...ok thank you guys.

Nov 14, 2016 at 1:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
This video shows off the trick that allows you to get it. Basically, if you exit the game from the inventory screen and load up a save, it retains the flags from the area you exited.

I was able to do it with one save in Cave Story 3D instead of two. If you use the area in Egg Corridor as your save you can even spawn monsters with the glitch and blow through the game in a matter of minutes. I just use the glitch to teleport back to Arthur's House quickly, then I use the glitch in Yamashita Farm, then open the chest and it should be there. I dunno, it's just faster then having to get a save in the prefab building.

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
is there even some reason the beast fang's in the ports if you're not meant to get it anyway?

Nov 15, 2016 at 11:12 PM
is there even some reason the beast fang's in the ports if you're not meant to get it anyway?
Nope, NiCALiS-whatever-the-deal-with-the-capital-letters-are just adds stuff to the core game without really taking anything out.

It likely still has all the hints of earlier versions, such as the Debug Cat inside the outer wall and the Sanctuary not spawning enemies unless a flag is set.

Nov 16, 2016 at 1:15 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
It likely still has all the hints of earlier versions, such as the Debug Cat inside the outer wall and the Sanctuary not spawning enemies unless a flag is set.

Huh, (potentially crappy idea incoming) is there a way to use the inventory glitch to somehow talk to Debug Cat?

Jul 23, 2017 at 8:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Huh, (potentially crappy idea incoming) is there a way to use the inventory glitch to somehow talk to Debug Cat?
Old post, but...
No. Unless there is a way to manipulate your starting coordinates upon loading a save, you cannot talk to debug cat, get the beast fang in the farm, or do anything off limits.

Jul 24, 2017 at 9:38 PM
Old post, but...
No. Unless there is a way to manipulate your starting coordinates upon loading a save, you cannot talk to debug cat, get the beast fang in the farm, or do anything off limits.
Babe, if you read the first three posts we explained that in the 3d port you actually can get the beast fang, and it's very likely you could also talk to one of debug cats since I'm pretty sure nicalis hasn't removed obsolete events from the tsc scripting files. You just have to find that event number and then trigger it in another save.

Edit: but if your talking purely about wii/switch, then yeah the inventory glitch that allows such exploits isn't a thing.

Last edited: