Hey Guys

Aug 3, 2008 at 12:39 PM
Justin-chan
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
METALOGZ NEEDS YOUR HELP (i expect everyone to stop reading this thread and press ctrl+w at this point)

When he <SNP's some falling spikes, ya know, those in Egg Corridor. Yeah, thats the one.

They don't hurt you.

And he needs them to hurt you, because he likes pain, just like the sadist he is :D

SO, in a nutshell (or tl;dr), people don't get killed by spikes even though they deal 127 damage to enemies

Aug 3, 2008 at 2:48 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
May I take a quicky look at the TSC? :D

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:16 AM
Justin-chan
I'm not allowed to post it, but the event that spawns the spikes is a vertical trigger, and it spawns the spikes where it is. So it probably is because he is in an event, thus escaping unharmed.

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hmm...
Well if you're implying what you think you're implying, then the main character will be under <HMC in this instance, yes? This simply use <TRA to transport him to the appropriate location so that he takes the damage (though I'm not sure if you can be hurt while you're hidden... otherwise just make the animation disappear at the last moment and make him reappear with <SMC). You are right, <ANP's for non-enemies can't take damage, because they aren't coded to have health, etc.
If you're not implying what I think you're implying, then... bother :p

Aug 7, 2008 at 1:30 PM
Justin-chan
Hmm...
Well if you're implying what you think you're implying, then the main character will be under <HMC in this instance, yes? This simply use <TRA to transport him to the appropriate location so that he takes the damage (though I'm not sure if you can be hurt while you're hidden... otherwise just make the animation disappear at the last moment and make him reappear with <SMC). You are right, <ANP's for non-enemies can't take damage, because they aren't coded to have health, etc.
If you're not implying what I think you're implying, then... bother
Sorry. But I meant that the event that activates the spikes is directly above you (where the spike spawns). You're in an event, since its a trigger, and if you stand under it trying to kill yourself with the spike, you'l still be in the event, meaning you won't take damage.

It's fixed already, though.

Edit - This can be locked.