Hermit's Story

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:52 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Cave Story: The Hermit

I think I'm gonna drop the legacy story idea that I had. I came up with this idea. It's more original and interesting. So this is about the Hermit (Tetsuzou). He is a mysterious character and his significance has been talked about in long and arduous debates. So my view on his basic Information:

1- He came with the humans.
2- He was in the military- a weapons expert?
3- His wife and children were murdered. That's why he wanted the crown destroyed because one of the crown-bearers killed his family. Could the crown-bearer:muscledoc: be initially one of his friends?
4- After trying to kill the present crown-bearer he is injured and goes into hiding, he can't believe the damage the humans have done to the island and the countless Mimigas they have killed.
5- He has never seen Quote before, but has seen surface robots etc...
6- Once in the cave he find scraps of weapons- non-human materials and starts to make new weapons. He experiments for years until he makes....THE POLAR STAR! So you could need to collect different items to make this etc...
7- There will be similar maps but they will be re-created to make sure that they would be nicer - Less damage done to the place.
8- The hermit is a long lost friend of Booster, they came to the island together.
9- The hermit may meet a baby Arthur.
10- You will have to fight surface robots...some areas of the maps may be more damaged than others.
11- There will be some new maps...that have been "caved in" in the original cave story.

So the game will not be as long as cave story but not too short either.
I think its better to have a clear outline of the plot before I get started. This will most likely end up as a brain storming idea for me. It get's my ideas down.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM
Member Title
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I'll play it if I'm intrigued by the screenshots, and I have time (time will most likely not be a problem, Summer is right around the corner for me).

Jun 19, 2011 at 2:18 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
This sounds like an interesting idea. The hermit's a pretty cool guy, he deserves his own story.

Jun 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
Well now that my exams are finished I should have some more time so hopefully I can get started in the next few days.

Jun 20, 2011 at 12:38 PM
LSD
"..."
Hmm. Interesting idea. I'd like to see it sometime.

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:16 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
How old do we think the Hermit is at the moment? And how old do you think he was when he first arrived on the island?

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:24 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'd say he is at least five.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:33 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I'm gonna guess his late 50's/early 60's, currently. But I don't know.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:38 PM
LSD
"..."
In his 600s. Trust me. He is that old.

Jul 8, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Absentee Modder
He's a time lord, he's from Gallifrey, he's 906 years old.

EDIT: just so there's something ontopic in this post, nice idea.

And if he wants the crown destroyed, how does he know enough about Quote to trust it? It seems to me that, by the time of Cave Story, the guy doesn't care (anymore), for some reason or another.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:46 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
WHO has gone crazy? (Doctor WHO)
Well during the game he does kinda give words of inspiration. I think he had kinda given up hope but seeing quote might have made him think it through again.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:07 PM
Absentee Modder
That's one possibility. But I wasn't talking about hope. I just don't think he knows/cares about what's going on in the island. It's not like he's all, "take this and defeat the doctor," when you talk to him again. And the dude just lives in a little cave making gun(s). I'm just saying he doesn't seem all that involved.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
No I have to agree. But I think he might of cared before... not anymore though. Well I think there were glimmers of hope...probably more happy about people using his guns for good :D

Jul 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
Sorry for the double post.... I need a few opinions on 2 matters.
1- What colour should the Hermit's hair be? In CS his hair is a greyish blue and he is about 60 years old. Staying in a dark cave with no sunlight meant his hair is a lot darker than it's original colour. So he is going to be around 40 in my story. I can't really have his hair as dark or black because then they blend in too much with the tile sets and backgrounds. The dilemma with making his hair whiter then is that he looks to old or if I do it a brownish colour then it blends in with his skin too much and I don't think that really suits him.

2- Should I make the hermit slightly bigger? I mean in the game he is quite small compared to the other characters. Should I make him a bit taller?

diph.php

As a general rule it seems the humans are taller than him...maybe excluding Jenka.

Suggestions?