HELP - Strategies and Weaknesses for Labyrinth W Boss

Sep 14, 2020 at 2:35 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I am struggling way too much on the Labyrinth W boss fight.
Any weaknesses or strategies...?

My (useful) Items
Life Pot
Turbocharge
Arms Barrier

My Weapons
Bubbler - Level 3
King's Blade - Level 3
Fireball - Level 3
Machine Gun - Level 3
Missile Launcher - Level 3

Sep 14, 2020 at 11:11 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
There's already a recent topic somewhere but,
Could use the pause button to try and squeeze some more damage out with level 3 Blade:

Focus on timing the jumps to dodge Monster X, maybe could use Bubbler at max charge to create a bubble shield to protect you from damage until he stops moving.
Soon as he becomes damageable, launch the remaining bubbles, press pause and switch to blade lvl 3, unpause and shoot a single shot, then pause again and switch to machinegun lvl 3 and spam.

Soon as he moves again, pause and switch to bubbler and repeat until his second phase, shooting missiles (if I recall correctly). Do the pause again with blade and then immediately switch to lvl 3 missiles.
Spam them, and repeat this process until he is dead.

At least in my head that should squeeze a little extra damage out lol.

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:20 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
There's already a recent topic somewhere but,
Could use the pause button to try and squeeze some more damage out with level 3 Blade:

Focus on timing the jumps to dodge Monster X, maybe could use Bubbler at max charge to create a bubble shield to protect you from damage until he stops moving.
Soon as he becomes damageable, launch the remaining bubbles, press pause and switch to blade lvl 3, unpause and shoot a single shot, then pause again and switch to machinegun lvl 3 and spam.

Soon as he moves again, pause and switch to bubbler and repeat until his second phase, shooting missiles (if I recall correctly). Do the pause again with blade and then immediately switch to lvl 3 missiles.
Spam them, and repeat this process until he is dead.

At least in my head that should squeeze a little extra damage out lol.
That's good, but I'm in RetroArch, with the core that WANTS YOU TO SUFFER BY DISABLING SAVE STATES. So no matter what I do, I still won't beat this darn boss...!

Sep 15, 2020 at 5:33 AM
"Huzzah!"
If you really are having trouble might I suggest looking at how other people beat it?
Assuming you're playing with all Life Capsules (41 hp) and Life Pot on the "Original" difficulty (or just the original game) then dodging Monster X's wheels and spamming his weak spots with the Blade is the way to go (or at least the speediest).
I'm not saying this is the best way, but a tip: don't use the Missile Launcher.
X-Calibar has the right idea though, I'm sure his strategy is much more safe and saves more health.
(Also, why are you using save states? That's very odd.)

Sep 15, 2020 at 12:29 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
If you really are having trouble might I suggest looking at how other people beat it?
Assuming you're playing with all Life Capsules (41 hp) and Life Pot on the "Original" difficulty (or just the original game) then dodging Monster X's wheels and spamming his weak spots with the Blade is the way to go (or at least the speediest).
I'm not saying this is the best way, but a tip: don't use the Missile Launcher.
X-Calibar has the right idea though, I'm sure his strategy is much more safe and saves more health.
(Also, why are you using save states? That's very odd.)
I'm on the original game, don't have all the life capsules, AND CAN'T SAVE STATE.
The reason why I can't save state, is because whenever I try to in the Retroarch core, i'll get "Save states are not supported by this core", and nothing else.
I don't have all the life capsules because, heh, well, I SUCK at secrets.
And I'm on the original game, because
  1. I'm on mobile playing the game
  2. Why not...? .w.

Sep 15, 2020 at 4:47 PM
"Huzzah!"
I'm on the original game, don't have all the life capsules, AND CAN'T SAVE STATE.
The reason why I can't save state, is because whenever I try to in the Retroarch core, i'll get "Save states are not supported by this core", and nothing else.
I don't have all the life capsules because, heh, well, I SUCK at secrets.
And I'm on the original game, because
Alright, how much hp do you have?
If its ~30 than you should be ok using the strategy that I suggested: Blade
or what X-Calibar suggested which is safer for less HP
my answer hasn't really changed, I think you should use one of our strategies to beat Monster X
and if you're really having trouble, you might want to go back and restart for life capsules (also, they aren't really secrets, they're usually out in the open but require you to use your platforming skills to obtain them.)

Mar 13, 2024 at 11:04 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So I am struggling way too much on the Labyrinth W boss fight.
Any weaknesses or strategies...?

My (useful) Items
Life Pot
Turbocharge
Arms Barrier

My Weapons
Bubbler - Level 3
King's Blade - Level 3
Fireball - Level 3
Machine Gun - Level 3
Missile Launcher - Level 3
bump (if you can call it that)