Help me with a Science assignment

Mac or PC?

• Total voters
Sep 3, 2015 at 11:05 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Contributing to spammy posting (lack of content,)
Apple products are walled gardens. (See restrictions on development, especially on iDevices.)

Windows 10 is literally a botnet. (See peer-to-peer updates. If an exploit is found in this system, everyone using Windows 10 is [censored].)

No.

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:13 AM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
p205934-0-18dbaa2f2a075e87b3b2d3b96997eb8c5408d122759d5b2af062ff9164f725543.jpg

Yeah i saw this on ifunny recently. Surprisingly it actually goes well with the post! So anyways, i like PC because there are so many options in comparison to Mac. Apple products are fine for people who want a computer that "just works" even if it costs triple what a PC would and has far fewer options. PC, while it has its flaws (blue screen anyone?) is infinitely better imo based on the fact that A.) Cheaper PCs, B.) More customizable PCs, C.) MANY more options in PCs, and D.) The OS itself

Sep 4, 2015 at 2:05 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Sep 4, 2015 at 2:24 AM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Sep 4, 2015 at 3:17 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
p205934-0-18dbaa2f2a075e87b3b2d3b96997eb8c5408d122759d5b2af062ff9164f725543.jpg

Yeah i saw this on ifunny recently. Surprisingly it actually goes well with the post! So anyways, i like PC because there are so many options in comparison to Mac. Apple products are fine for people who want a computer that "just works" even if it costs triple what a PC would and has far fewer options. PC, while it has its flaws (blue screen anyone?) is infinitely better imo based on the fact that A.) Cheaper PCs, B.) More customizable PCs, C.) MANY more options in PCs, and D.) The OS itself
okay, but for what I do I prefer Mac, and wow, trying to drown me in opinions being laid down as fact?

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:54 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Wait.. is this poll about the hardware or the OS? Some clarity on this point would be nice.

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:15 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I could probably get my pc to run osx so obviously my answer is linux

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:29 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Considering original CS(and the mods) are primarily only compatible with Windows, I doubt this is the best place to ask wether Mac or normal PC's are better.

Yeah. Despite being made on a Macintosh Computer, all of my mods are the windows build (and were tested using emulation/OSbottle software).
It's definitely not the right question to have a poll on here.

I'm kinda (a little) peeved at all the people saying it is hard to use... I mean... what do you expect when you try a new OS? For it to be the same? I've had the opposite experience of frequently looking up how to do simple things on my windows comp that I knew 3 or more ways how to do it on my Mac. They are different OSes, switching between any will have confusion and be hard to use.

But yeah, Opinions are Opinions, Windows tend to have better compatibility and Macs tend to have the better starting applications. I don't really care I have and use both so really I am the only one who says yes to both.

Linux can screw itself. I can't run it on my flashdrive without having errors and autobooting to the console no matter which version or settings I use.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:11 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Ive used windows and OS X for the majority of my LIFE. I have seen both of them evolve over the years. I always preferred OS X because it looks prettier, and also windows vista -________________- . NOW I have (had) Windows 10 and OS X El Cap on my MACE. I prefer OS X because its really efficient in terms of resources and productivity. I like windows because there are more programs written exclusive to it. Now I just use OS X Yosemite cause wine does everything I need it to do. PLX NO BAN THIS IS MY OPINION AND THOUGHT I LOVE BOTH OSs AND HAVE GOTTEN POd AT BOTH BEFORE BUT I ALSO LIKE BOTH <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 GG guys especially camero ;)

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:12 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
okay, but for what I do I prefer Mac, and wow, trying to drown me in opinions being laid down as fact?
Mac can be useful in many situations, but for me, as a gamer, it is not what I really want. I see the upsides for Mac however...the UI is pretty good, it rarely gets viruses, and it comes with arguably more useful programs than windows does.

Sep 4, 2015 at 4:13 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I guess if you consider garage band a useful program

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:22 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
It does, the example the teacher gave was a poll between xbox and playstation.

By that you mean Honors EarthSci on a university campus, right?

Oh my God. What has our educational system come to.

You need to review THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD at a UNIVERSITY. I mean, really. It's not like you got into college because you FAILED the classes involving the subject you're taking.

Sep 4, 2015 at 5:32 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
he's 14 years old, it's an enrichment program
use your context clues

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2015 at 7:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator

You need to review THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD at a UNIVERSITY. I mean, really. It's not like you got into college because you FAILED the classes involving the subject you're taking.

I think your quick overreaction to this scenario might be more indicative of the current state of the educational system.

Sep 4, 2015 at 8:44 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"

1.chill
2.its an early college
3. the 6-step scientific method as taught in science textbooks (which I know perfectly well) is really not a good explanation of how science should be done. Science is not a cookie-cutter process that can be done over and over again with no variation or repetition of steps
4.chill

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:55 PM
Veteran Member
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Ive used windows and OS X for the majority of my LIFE. I have seen both of them evolve over the years. I always preferred OS X because it looks prettier, and also windows vista -________________- . NOW I have (had) Windows 10 and OS X El Cap on my MACE. I prefer OS X because its really efficient in terms of resources and productivity. I like windows because there are more programs written exclusive to it. Now I just use OS X Yosemite cause wine does everything I need it to do. PLX NO BAN THIS IS MY OPINION AND THOUGHT I LOVE BOTH OSs AND HAVE GOTTEN POd AT BOTH BEFORE BUT I ALSO LIKE BOTH <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 GG guys especially camero ;)
What do you mean by "GG guys especially camero"?

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:05 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I guess if you consider garage band a useful program
I guess if you consider Windows Movie Maker a useful program.

Sep 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'm saying you made a good game my mimiga

Sep 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM
The "C" in "college" is for "crippling debt".
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
I think your quick overreaction to this scenario might be more indicative of the current state of the educational system.

In my head, that post was supposed to be less "Oh no America sucks what are we rant rant rant." and more "This is really sad. Moving on with life..."

I really need to learn to word my posts better. Did I word this one right? Probably not but eh.