Hello Story BETA (Version 0.0.1.1)

Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Jul 12, 2017 at 2:59 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
--This does not represent who I am as a modder now; So I'm removing the download for good.--​

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:33 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
why must all the mods be rar files why can't it just be folders like it used to

This mod is pretty good. Here are some things I noticed as I went along:

1. whoah widescreen
2. I like the new tilesets.
3. oh neat you fixed the polar star jingle
4. right after you get it there's a text error...
5. i only have to get through 99% of the memorys? what if i do 100% (not gonna question "memories" being spelled wrong. might be on purpose?)
6. same text error when you get the fireball
7. just a nitpick, but you could have had the camera move to each shudder as they were opened
8. 2 save points are less than 16 tiles away from eachother with nothing in between them
9. treasure chest that has machine gun doesn't become the "chest opened" entity
10. true hell is terrifying it just drops you in there
11. I like true hell's design it's coo
12. true hell is a lot easier than normal hell. heavy press is nerfed a ton
13. nevermind there's a red demon aaaaaaa
14. ok beat it with 4 health left
15. Ballos is secretly a life capsule confirmed
16. did I win what am I supposed to do nothing is going on
17. oh you have to walk between two very specific walls
18. Allos... Sounds like a deviantart clone. "I'm Blonic the Hedgehog"
19. Ballos won't stop flying up (I'm on the block on top of him) so I can spam the snake at him
20. I got stuck in the ground. RIP.

This is a pretty good mod. I couldn't find any of the "memorys" tho. It's pretty buggy but overall it has a ton of potential. Keep it up!

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:43 AM
To get memory's AVOID true hell. Long Corridor has more to offer.

Also this is what happens if you get all the memorys:
[/You will unlock "2nd Play", A harder version of the original game. you keep your health though. but i guess its fine. i nerfed the life capsules in 2nd play.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 12, 2017 at 5:29 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Woah. Quadruple post? I'm pretty confident this isn't allowed!

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:00 AM
Soup Man
Woah. Quadruple post? I'm pretty confident this isn't allowed!

maybe edit all the posts into one big post before the mods get to them

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:01 AM
Deleted some post xD wait, the mods can read this...

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:23 AM
Soup Man
decided to give this another go.

1. Curly is talking about the robot, but it's on the floor above her. Maybe move Curly or the robot? When the robot explodes and Curly gets knocked back even though it's nowhere near her is hilarious to me.
2. The fight with the core is actually really cool (except when the core moves back into the wall)
3. I assume the stage was made from the normal core room?
4. oh i died. for some reason when i reloaded curly was back next to the robot. odd
5. Both Curly and Quote have a machine gun. Maybe have it so she has the nemesis? (no idea how you'd do that. probaby requires asm)
6. I like the greyed out facepics
7. I like how you get a ton of health after beating the core, so true hell is easier. (was this intended? you'd have 80 or so health in true hell)
8. not sure where to go now...

That's all for now. Pretty good mod. Keep doing it.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM
decided to give this another go.

1. Curly is talking about the robot, but it's on the floor above her. Maybe move Curly or the robot? When the robot explodes and Curly gets knocked back even though it's nowhere near her is hilarious to me.
2. The fight with the core is actually really cool (except when the core moves back into the wall)
3. I assume the stage was made from the normal core room?
4. oh i died. for some reason when i reloaded curly was back next to the robot. odd
5. Both Curly and Quote have a machine gun. Maybe have it so she has the nemesis? (no idea how you'd do that. probaby requires asm)
6. I like the greyed out facepics
7. I like how you get a ton of health after beating the core, so true hell is easier. (was this intended? you'd have 80 or so health in true hell)
8. not sure where to go now...

That's all for now. Pretty good mod. Keep doing it.
After that, you get the blade, which is the only weapon by that point that can break the (Not sure if this is what they're called) Star blocks.
Use the map below. (Green teleporter) (Check marks in blue = recommended to be finished before red.) (Check marks in red + arrow = after beating area, go to the area pointed at) (Red circle = recommended area)

Attachments

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:56 AM
Soup Man
After that, you get the blade, which is the only weapon by that point that can break the (Not sure if this is what they're called) Star blocks.
Use the map below. (Green teleporter) (Check marks in blue = recommended to be finished before red.) (Check marks in red + arrow = after beating area, go to the area pointed at) (Red circle = recommended area)
I can't get to the one behind the blocks since I don't have the polar star somehow.

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:59 AM
Jul 12, 2017 at 7:01 AM
Soup Man
Jul 12, 2017 at 9:58 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Good on you for recommending 7zip; although it is all one word.
HINT: If you have a old version, copy your old profile.dat into the new version. This is to keep your save data.
I just want to remind everyone that this won't go down too well if you've changed any flags.

-Okay, so two difficulties?
Code:
 < EDTIORS >
Cave Editor
Boosters Lab
Dll Mods
-Clownacy's DLL Mod Loader isn't really an editor. Also you should probably credit him.
-You left a Profile.dat and window.rect file in here. window.rect files are usually best deleted, otherwise it may make the window un-centred on screens with different resolutions. (or if you moved the window) Also, y'know... Profile.dat is all the save data.
-Uh, a bunch of random noises in the pre-tile screen scene?
-Is this title supposed be 'Cave² Story' (which makes no sense), or 'Cave 2 Story'? (which makes equally little sense)
-You don't really need to put a note that this is a mod. Everybody knows that. Also I'm not sure what you mean by supporting the official release.
-The circles created with = signs do not work properly with any kind of instant text. You don't really need it to say =Booster= anyway, though.

-Did you save this as a low quality bitmap with Microsoft's Paint?
>There are many weapons in this game.
-It would not be wrong to presume that everybody who's played this mod has either played Cave Story, or gotten the best ending. This tutorial stuff is really unimportant unless you plan to spread this mod to those unfamiliar with Cave Story. Even then, you can teach things to the player in far better ways than using signs.
-There's no need to list what mods you used in the DLL Mod Loader. We can just check the game's files.
-You didn't animate the door. You'd do this by using <ANP. (or DNP if you like) and <SOU to make the door sound.
>I was kidding you know
-Kidding about what?
-Interacting with the door in here makes text sounds. I think you forgot a <MSG before the "Begin?" line??
-Oh fuck this HUD is confusing.
-This is too much weapon energy, really.
-Using the moon background with PrtAlmond is a problem, because the tileset relies on the background being entirely black.

-What have I done to deserve this?
>you should go back
-Nope.
-The Egg's navy coloured walls don't reach either side of the screen.
-Last Cave resumes when leaving eggs.
-Labyrinth Fight is game over music? ... PLEASE KILL ME EVERYBODY, COME KILL ME SO I CAN GET THE GAME OVER SCREEN. YES, THIS WAY!!
-Oppression is not appropriate for this fight.
-ACTUAL LAST CAVE? WHAT THE FUCK???

-You could'a' just removed it. Also these blocks might be a little hard on the eyes of some.
-Invisible maze.

-Why's this blocking the clouds???
>a ammo pack
-You'd say "an ammo pack."
>*lazy Machine Gun text*
-Uh. Why'd this look like a Life Capsule?
>No ones home.
-That'd be "No one's home.", because it's either a possessive or a contraction. Anyway.
-The HUD text needs a shadow so it's more visible.
-Explanation for random floating door? If I was supposed to have come trough it, why not make a cut-scene where I come trough, and crash on the ground before getting up?
>Do you want to go to Long Corridor?
-That place from before? Fuck no, babe.
-Machine Gun can't break blocks??!
-Oh yeah, I can skip Chac/ko with the booster.
-Uh, okay? Normal Missile Launcher stuff?
-You broke the Missile Launcher's description.
-Oh, hello. It's vb's Organya rendition Sidon's theme. Cool.
-Okay, this Grasstown quest is getting boring.
-Dude, I can't see the water in the Long Corridor because you didn't make the background the water one.
-Shutter No.4 gets deleted before its animation is finished.

-Might wanna change the special boss you're using on this map to "none."

-Did you put a NoNPC tile here?

-This is some bizarre design.
-I have to use my Missile Launcher to break these breakable blocks...
-Suddenly Undead Core. OKAY.
-There's no exit. OKAY.
-Uh, you didn't do the teleporter at the end of the "Egg Corridor?" correctly. You need an entity to change to the QuoTeleOut entity.
-Uhhh... now I'm stuck. SOFTLOCK!
-Yes, open that damn last shutter!
-Oh... we *ARE* going to get a fight with the core in here? Cool.
-Hidden health? Fuck off, this is gonna be easy!
-Ah, that was fun.
-It's "you're" not "your."
-Uh, WTF is happening?
>Allos
-Fickkity fuck.
-Free blade? Okay.
I'm done for now. Fun mod, although it needs a few more original things to set it apart from the crowd.

Jul 12, 2017 at 9:17 PM
Pointless double post
Aw crap. I have to fix many of those problems...thanks for playing and listing your problems tho. oh, one more thing.

Good on you for recommending 7zip; although it is all one word.
I just want to remind everyone that this won't go down too well if you've changed any flags.

-Okay, so two difficulties?
Code:
 < EDTIORS >
Cave Editor
Boosters Lab
Dll Mods
-Clownacy's DLL Mod Loader isn't really an editor. Also you should probably credit him.
-You left a Profile.dat and window.rect file in here. window.rect files are usually best deleted, otherwise it may make the window un-centred on screens with different resolutions. (or if you moved the window) Also, y'know... Profile.dat is all the save data.
-Uh, a bunch of random noises in the pre-tile screen scene?
-Is this title supposed be 'Cave² Story' (which makes no sense), or 'Cave 2 Story'? (which makes equally little sense)
-You don't really need to put a note that this is a mod. Everybody knows that. Also I'm not sure what you mean by supporting the official release.
-The circles created with = signs do not work properly with any kind of instant text. You don't really need it to say =Booster= anyway, though.

-Did you save this as a low quality bitmap with Microsoft's Paint?
>There are many weapons in this game.
-It would not be wrong to presume that everybody who's played this mod has either played Cave Story, or gotten the best ending. This tutorial stuff is really unimportant unless you plan to spread this mod to those unfamiliar with Cave Story. Even then, you can teach things to the player in far better ways than using signs.
-There's no need to list what mods you used in the DLL Mod Loader. We can just check the game's files.
-You didn't animate the door. You'd do this by using <ANP. (or DNP if you like) and <SOU to make the door sound.
>I was kidding you know
-Kidding about what?
-Interacting with the door in here makes text sounds. I think you forgot a <MSG before the "Begin?" line??
-Oh fuck this HUD is confusing.
-This is too much weapon energy, really.
-Using the moon background with PrtAlmond is a problem, because the tileset relies on the background being entirely black.

-What have I done to deserve this?
>you should go back
-Nope.
-The Egg's navy coloured walls don't reach either side of the screen.
-Last Cave resumes when leaving eggs.
-Labyrinth Fight is game over music? ... PLEASE KILL ME EVERYBODY, COME KILL ME SO I CAN GET THE GAME OVER SCREEN. YES, THIS WAY!!
-Oppression is not appropriate for this fight.
-ACTUAL LAST CAVE? WHAT THE FUCK???

-You could'a' just removed it. Also these blocks might be a little hard on the eyes of some.
-Invisible maze.

-Why's this blocking the clouds???
>a ammo pack
-You'd say "an ammo pack."
>*lazy Machine Gun text*
-Uh. Why'd this look like a Life Capsule?
>No ones home.
-That'd be "No one's home.", because it's either a possessive or a contraction. Anyway.
-The HUD text needs a shadow so it's more visible.
-Explanation for random floating door? If I was supposed to have come trough it, why not make a cut-scene where I come trough, and crash on the ground before getting up?
>Do you want to go to Long Corridor?
-That place from before? Fuck no, babe.
-Machine Gun can't break blocks??!
-Oh yeah, I can skip Chac/ko with the booster.
-Uh, okay? Normal Missile Launcher stuff?
-You broke the Missile Launcher's description.
-Oh, hello. It's vb's Organya rendition Sidon's theme. Cool.
-Okay, this Grasstown quest is getting boring.
-Dude, I can't see the water in the Long Corridor because you didn't make the background the water one.
-Shutter No.4 gets deleted before its animation is finished.

-Might wanna change the special boss you're using on this map to "none."

-Did you put a NoNPC tile here?

-This is some bizarre design.
-I have to use my Missile Launcher to break these breakable blocks...
-Suddenly Undead Core. OKAY.
-There's no exit. OKAY.
-Uh, you didn't do the teleporter at the end of the "Egg Corridor?" correctly. You need an entity to change to the QuoTeleOut entity.
-Uhhh... now I'm stuck. SOFTLOCK!
-Yes, open that damn last shutter!
-Oh... we *ARE* going to get a fight with the core in here? Cool.
-Hidden health? Fuck off, this is gonna be easy!
-Ah, that was fun.
-It's "you're" not "your."
-Uh, WTF is happening?
>Allos
-Fickkity fuck.
-Free blade? Okay.
I'm done for now. Fun mod, although it needs a few more original things to set it apart from the crowd.
Hes right about changing flags. You may experience problems if you updated...

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: