Hell...!

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
So like... I just got to "hell" in my attempt to get the extra ending, BUT... I already used my life pot >_>

...am I f*cked? or do I still have a chance at beating it, 'cause lets face it , I'm not that much of a "great" player :awesomeface:

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It's not excessively hard to beat hell without the life pot. Just take it slow, conserve your hearts and don't make unecessary risks.

I don't think it's possible to go back at this point, so you'd need to like, restart to get it...

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:32 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Noxid said:
I don't think it's possible to go back at this point, so you'd need to like, restart to get it...
I knooow, I realized that and was like... "FFFUUUU..."

But anyway, I got to the monster that shoots lasers or something, and died x_x

Mar 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"Keep on rollin'!"
Tip #1 is an exploit. at the start of room 3 there are 2 hearts that will come back if you go back to room 2. you can refill your health if you go back enough times.

#2: use a profile editor. I can attest to CaveShark.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:10 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah, I would have to agree with Noxid here. Just take your time.

thecrown said:
Tip #1 is an exploit. at the start of room 3 there are 2 hearts that will come back if you go back to room 2. you can refill your health if you go back enough times.

This also helps, since B2 is a load of Bullshit.

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:00 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
play it like a 3 HP run.
woo post 455.

Mar 8, 2011 at 2:43 AM
Been here way too long...
You shouldn't really need it til btw heavy press and ballos, and I bet you can bs your way through that. :awesomeface:

Mar 8, 2011 at 4:09 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
I spent around 8 hours trying to defeat Hell. It can be done!

Mar 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Download and use the save points from Cave Story Tribute Site forums. There`s a save for the prefab house, all cool weapons, lifepot. Also let`s plays, walkthroughs (available on Youtube or the mentioned site). Send Hell to hell - easily :toroko:

Mar 14, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Demon taming, headphone wearing, casanova
"All your forum are belong to us!"
It can be done without any modding program.Did it on my first run of cave story not as in a perfect run as i did die a few times but first playthrough of cave story (i did use a life pot) but with a bit more effort you should be able to do it.

Mar 14, 2011 at 10:28 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
No dude, I did the same thing the first time I played, I used I on Misery I think.. Because I lost patience with her (lol) and then I was like.. Oh crap. But I still got through hell and ballos. Yes it can be done!

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:45 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
My tip would have to be that in B2, fire the spur upwards and more enemies will simply fly into the lazer.

Also this thread has the greatest name ever.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:08 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
Also, on B2, just remember that you're standing on a planet that's revolving you can boost backwards to dodge falling blocks.
I am always inclined to keep boosting forward to dodge blocks, which usually gets me in trouble.
Also, boosting is faster than walking.

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:35 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Hell... without the Life Pot!? I can't imagine... but then I'm not quite the genius player that some of you seem to be.

Apr 16, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Completing Hell is not that hard without the Life-pot. Why don`t go on the path of least resistance though and play it with Life-pot? Others aren`t that lazy as me that`s why.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:59 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
My two cents is that it depends if you're going through it for the speed run or just to finish. If you just wanna finish it, then you're fine. The usual goal of the life pot usage is to save it for Ballos as a safety net for the last form if you're going for the easy war. However, getting past the Heavy Press isn't hard without a life pot. There are the many ways of restoring a buttload of health along the way, and I'd say that if you wanna beat Ballos, you need at least 40 health. So I'd make it past B2 ASAP, do the B2-B3 jump trick for health if you need it. Go along B3 normally and try to save as much health as possible. When you finish Press and need health, go to the statue room and see if you can get any heart clusters. When facing Ballos, try not to take any damage from Form 1 and a minimum for Form 2. Don't worry if you die 1000 times. Hell will make you it's bitch.

Apr 28, 2011 at 11:50 AM
Been here way too long...
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
No Life Pot? No problem.

Back when I was new to Hell, I knew that not saving the Life Pot up for the final bosses was stupid. So I learned to get trough without using it. Heck, the first time I beat Ba... um, the Final Boss, I actually did it without using the Life Pot. I was so focused on the battle, I'd forgotten all about it. (Previous six or so battles had me die since I'd forgotten all about it too so it was a double-edged sword, so to speak)

May 17, 2011 at 8:57 PM
/end
Re: No Life Pot? No problem.

So, did you beat Hell?