• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Harpy Gaiden

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:47 PM
Monster girl enthusiest
"Keep on rollin'!"
The Harpy series is getting somewhere.

1566506765318.png

My plushie of Duri (from Harpy 1 and 2 and eventually 3) arrived
My peers and family members are all interested now that the mobile version has released.
I suddenly feel confident about myself.

I hope we'll be able to afford a second company email soon so we can start doing PR to get this game to streamers, I'm gonna see if I can put Harpy 1, 2, and Gaiden on Giantbomb for use on Twitch.

Aug 25, 2019 at 4:31 AM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
The Harpy series is getting somewhere.

View attachment 5663

My plushie of Duri (from Harpy 1 and 2 and eventually 3) arrived
My peers and family members are all interested now that the mobile version has released.
I suddenly feel confident about myself.

I hope we'll be able to afford a second company email soon so we can start doing PR to get this game to streamers, I'm gonna see if I can put Harpy 1, 2, and Gaiden on Giantbomb for use on Twitch.
Let me know when you start hiring, then! Haha.

Sep 23, 2019 at 3:15 PM
Monster girl enthusiest
"Keep on rollin'!"
A little update:
Someone in my Discord is making a mod that serves as yet another quest for this game, with a different playable character and reversed level order.

It will likely have controller support, which, I will add into the main game once that code is complete.
( I don't have a controller to test with, also I can't code for shit )

A design doc for the next harpy game has been in the works since last month, it's pretty ambitious, but considering how fast I put out levels during development, it'll be no problem for me.

The largest hurdle for the next game will be the artstyle, because I haven't entirely decided on what I want yet, but I do know it's going to be much more lively (and thus much more time consuming)

I've also considered keeping the style you see in this game and harpy 1 / 2 going as a separate thing. This way people will be able to enjoy the classic experience for cheap and the modern experience for a little more of a pretty penny.

The harpy series has shown to be much easier to develop than Mugeneko has, namely because I have no clue how to program in a cutscene engine.

In the meantime between this post and that fangame, take this picture.
1569248094176.png