Hardest Bosses?

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:30 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
By Hardest I mean according by what you have during the battle.

I'd have to say Undead Core and friends. Even with like all weapons evar, I couldn't even defeat it within 10 tries.

What about you?

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Curly "Mother Fkn" Brace and her gang the Buttrape Brigade AKA the Korons AKA the Colons.
.-.
They murder me on 3 hp.

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:03 AM
Hax on....Hax off....
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
I don't really know...
I don't find any of the bosses particularly difficult.
I guess the most annoying one for me is Toroko cause you get into the pattern of running away from underneath, while she's jumping but then she'll throw one without jumping which often ruins it completely for me.

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Uncy Dave said:
I don't really know...
I don't find any of the bosses particularly difficult.
I guess the most annoying one for me is Toroko cause you get into the pattern of running away from underneath, while she's jumping but then she'll throw one without jumping which often ruins it completely for me.

I just used fireball, run in front of her, spam, and when she's going to throw(She'll throw in front of you when you're right in front of her) jump, and repeat.

Jul 26, 2009 at 9:30 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Monster... fucking X. That guy is such a pain in the ass on 3 HP. It took me many more tries then any other boss, granted I haven't beaten the normal final bosses yet but I'm sure the only boss that will give me more trouble is Ballos, but he doesn't count.

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM
Source Splicer, 2nd Class
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
When I 1st played Cave Story, I had some trouble with Toroko+, as well. Sitting in mostly one place while shooting the Fireball wasn't the best strategy I could've used, especially when the blocks deal -10 per hit.

Monster X definitely took the cake when it comes to the boss that I really got stuck on. There's so many shots to deal with in both phases if you don't take care of things quickly, and I even had the Bubbler (Though I didn't use it much).

Undead Core & Company came a close 2nd, however, mainly due to Frenzied Misery's Goldfish Missiles (Which I then believed to be triggered when Undead Core was nearly finished off).

On 3 Life runs, though, I'd say it's a tie between Monster X & the Regular Core. Those spinning shots are tougher than most projectiles, and sometimes my fingers just can't shoot them all down before impact.

Jul 26, 2009 at 10:08 AM
Bad Beholder said:
On 3 Life runs, though, I'd say it's a tie between Monster X & the Regular Core. Those spinning shots are tougher than most projectiles, and sometimes my fingers just can't shoot them all down before impact.

For Regular Core, just get Snake to level 3 and spam, the wavyness of Snake will eliminate all projectiles near to you.

For Monster X I did the throw a Lv3 Blade once, stop Mr. X again, repeat.

Jul 26, 2009 at 12:10 PM
This Troper
"Man, if only I had an apple..."
If I absolutely had to choose, I'd say Core. Seriously, the toher bosses are easy, but with Core... I have hard time dodging the projectiles (I get hit a lot when playing Cave Story), avoiding drowning and digging through the Mini-Cores to the fucking main Core on its vulnerable stage, all at the same fucking time! I have no ide how to do this boss on 3HP...

Jul 26, 2009 at 1:30 PM
T-Jack said:
If I absolutely had to choose, I'd say Core. Seriously, the toher bosses are easy, but with Core... I have hard time dodging the projectiles (I get hit a lot when playing Cave Story), avoiding drowning and digging through the Mini-Cores to the fucking main Core on its vulnerable stage, all at the same fucking time! I have no ide how to do this boss on 3HP...

I spammed Snake on my 3 HP.
:D:D:D

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:33 PM
Vanished.
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
My vote goes for Undead Core & Company.

Jul 26, 2009 at 3:40 PM
Schokobecher said:
My vote goes for Undead Core & Company.

& Friends*

Jul 26, 2009 at 4:16 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
...and company.

The Ballos fight is pretty easy once you figure out what his patterns are, what deals damage, what doesn't, and where to shoot. It's possible to go through the entire fight and have your only hit be with the -2 spikes that come out of the floor for form 4, and those are survivable at 3 HP.

I'd have to say that the hardest boss at 3 HP would be the Core. The shots fired by mini cores go through walls, deal -3, and come in pairs. What couldn't be worse for someone trying to shoot down the projectiles with a polar star? And then you have to push the mini cores away from the main core and switch to the rocket launcher before it closes off again, rinse repeat. Combine that with the water and occasional current and you've got a problem. I drowned more often than getting killed by the actual core.

Jul 26, 2009 at 8:38 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I developed a strategy that works for me in the Core fight. Get up on the single block that's farthest to the right just as he becomes vulnerable, spam Polar Star until he closes up or it levels down, then back off and use Blade to deflect the god damn mini-Core projectiles. Repeat. You should be up on the single block when he starts blowing you away, so that you land on a fairly large platform that has enough room for you to fight the wind. When you hear him shooping da whoop, go with the wind to the back and he'll miss. Repeat.
My strategy doesn't involve missiles because I wanted to get 100 of them in Hell.

Jul 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
rust45 said:
Monster... fucking X. That guy is such a pain in the ass on 3 HP. It took me many more tries then any other boss,

seconded >_< i remember he was the most painful, since theres so much things flying around, i usually opted to touch the gates on the side to save my self to get invincible for a bit (the red laser boundaries do 1hp damage :rolleyes: lol) but yeah i eventually won by being suicidal and just attacking up close with the blade and it worked (i think, ive beaten a 3hp run anyway ,-,)

but as for the core, his pretty easy with the spur, and the amount of health your given, i mean, yeah the first time i played him i had trouble with the 3 bosses in a row, but now its a breeze (>_> though 3hp was a pain for it too)

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:03 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
hardest boss for me was ballos 2nd form since all the bats kept getting in the way :( if not then no bosses would be hardest

monster X was WAY easy for me...i just spammed the spirit of my friend King who made quick work of him...even though king died in the hands of Misery...he had vengeance coming the core and company fight

which again was easy for me since i had the spur

funny thing is i still have my life pot...never used it at all even in hell...i feel a little proud of myself but not really since im sure millions have done the same