• Most people probably don't realise this, but this forum has had two editors for a number of years. One is the xenForo default editor, and the other is a custom editor I made years back I called BBCEd.

All the settings for which editor you use was lost during the upgrade. You can find the setting under Account Settings > Preferences > Editor.

Happy 15th Anniversary Cave Story! (Demo)

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:23 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Happy 15th Anniversery Cave Story!
Its been 15 years since Cave Story was created and put into this world, now its time
to celebrate that time with some actual challenges! 15 of them!
The Following Challenges Are Planned to Be Present:
-No Gun Challenge
-Snake Challenge
-Missile Launcher Challenge
-Parkour Challenge (In Progress)
-Polar Star Challenge
-Booster v2.0 Challenge
-Nemesis Challenge (Dropped)
-Rampage (Dropped)
-Machine Gun Challenge
-Fireball Challenge
-Blade Challenge
-Bubbler Challenge
-The Perfect Run
-Shotgun Challenge
-Boss Rush Challenge
-Wind Fortress
-Super Speedrun

This is a unfinished mod, please have patience with me, I'm a slow worker

Its 1 month early, but I thought it would be good to release this now, since I might not be able to release the full version on the 20th of December.
Tell me if you want updates for each challenge or not.

As soon as I posted this, I started working on it again, I'm dedicated to this mod!

Completion: ~53%

<!> Note<!>
This is indeed a challenge mod, while many challenges aren't challenging, its going to attempt to manipulate all powers of the weapon, but things like the No Gun Challenge or Polar Star Challenge, have no special features due to having nothing to use.

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 9:45 PM
Best elf
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I feel like you may have jumped the gun on its early release, especially with the lack of feedback on your original status posted here:

It is definitely okay to release a demo, but you don't have to do it if you feel forced on releasing one when there's still plenty of time until December 20th.

As for the No Gun challenge: Please include an automatic <EQ+0032 in the Booster event, especially when it's in a speedrunning challenge. No one likes having to open up the menu just to equip either Booster when given in a random event.

Also, this was kinda a dick move. It's like taking a leap of faith, and you've already used up the Booster trying to avoid the frogs on the way.

May I suggest having someone to help beta test for you prior to releasing another demo, for quality assurance and bugfixing? I know there are plenty of people in the CSMC that can go and help you out with that.

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:56 PM
I feel like you may have jumped the gun on its early release, especially with the lack of feedback on your original status posted here:
I decided to take it into my own hands, also I was excited to release it

As for the No Gun challenge: Please include an automatic <EQ+0032 in the Booster event, especially when it's in a speedrunning challenge. No one likes having to open up the menu just to equip either Booster when given in a random event.
Patched

Also, this was kinda a dick move. It's like taking a leap of faith, and you've already used up the Booster trying to avoid the frogs on the way.
Patched, also, I thought it was too, but I thought I was just bad

May I suggest having someone to help beta test for you prior to releasing another demo, for quality assurance and bugfixing? I know there are plenty of people in the CSMC that can go and help you out with that.
I took it into my own hands to test my mod, I have a friend too, but I dunno, hes kinda busy

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 10:01 PM
Best elf
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Patched, also, I thought it was too, but I thought I was just bad
I took it into my own hands to test my mod, I have a friend too, but I dunno, hes kinda busy
It doesn't hurt to ask anyone else who would be willing to help test it for you as well! Especially when there's the case where just because the developer can beat a difficult level/section, doesn't always mean everyone else is able to do the same thing.

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:11 AM
It doesn't hurt to ask anyone else who would be willing to help test it for you as well!
Asked Flake since were both pretty new to these forums, no response as of yet

Especially when there's the case where just because the developer can beat a difficult level/section, doesn't always mean everyone else is able to do the same thing.
I'm trash, If I could beat it, a n y b o d y can

Sep 29, 2019 at 4:39 PM
Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
CSE Discord Moderator
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Asked Flake since were both pretty new to these forums, no response as of yet
Getting someone a little more experienced with modding to be QA might be advisable.

Sep 29, 2019 at 6:36 PM
Thanks to Flakes feedback is was able to fix his and some of my own issues as well:

-Fixed tile set ugliness by a little
-decreased polar star upgrade exp
-increased polar star damage
-made the 2nd room of polar star challenge impossible to fall and die in

Oct 7, 2019 at 10:03 PM
Annotation 2019-10-06 203606.png Annotation 2019-10-06 203630.png Annotation 2019-10-06 203647.png

4 Words that spell disaster:
Annotation 2019-10-07 215035.png
Ill try to make it fun

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2019 at 4:51 AM
Update
-Tile updates
-2 New Challenges:
Bubbler Challenge
Secret Challenge, The Perfect Run
-Fixed Polar Star Challenges Annoying Problems

Oct 27, 2019 at 10:54 PM
Update
-Missile Launcher Challenge

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I would like to test that when it's ready if you don't mind.

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:44 AM
Update (Separate from Core Mod!)
- Machine Gun Challenge!

Nov 8, 2019 at 12:38 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
You haven't told me why yet and I don't have enough knowledge on the subject to figure it out myself...

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:11 PM
The shotgun challenge
has been released, finally