Hacks 4 Gold

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:53 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'm hard up for cash and want to buy a new graphics card.
Want some hot ASM for your mod, but don't know a bit from a byte? I can probably hack it.

Prices:
- $10 for a small hack
- $20 for a medium hack

I won't do anything I consider "large" or "impossible".

Details: You supply me with a set of requirements and I will tell you whether it's a small, medium, or too-large job. Then you can accept or refuse. Once payment is received (via paypal ) I'll create the hack in Doukutsu Assembler V1.31 format and deliver it to you.

no money? that's too bad. You could always do it yourself........

Sep 14, 2016 at 12:54 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
I'm judging on how long it would take me to finish which is largely a function of complexity and how clear the specification is. It's an "I'll know when I see it" kind of thing which is why people have the right to refuse my assessment but some examples might be adding a new type of tile that launches you in the air for small, or a multi-state custom npc with projectiles could be medium.
Really it's probably safe to say I know better than most people how much work it will be so just give me the spec and I'll figure it out.

Currency is Canadian dollars- deep discounts for people from stronger currencies!

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:02 PM
Professional Whatever
noxxid can you hack my woodcutting to level 99 pls

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:08 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yeah but u need to give me your pass so I can add the levels to your account

Sep 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM
Eevee Enthusiast
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
fuckin hackers i swear
hey nixod can you hack me so my coins dupe ok thanks

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:01 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I might be interested, as I'm too lazy to learn ASM when really I only plan to make one more small mod before moving on to NON-CS projects.

I'll get back to you once I figure out what I'm going for.

Sep 15, 2016 at 3:58 AM
Based Member
What would be the time demands/charges for a "TSC library" that dealt with manipulating the playback of music? For example, imagine these TSC commands:

• <SMUxxxx:yyyy: Set MUsic. Makes the current song playing jump to measure x and beat y.
  • <RRMxxxx:yyyy: Repeat Range of Music. Change the repeat range of the current song playing from measure x to measure y, for the duration of time that that song is loaded into memory.
  • <TMUxxxx: Tempo of MUsic. Sets the tempo of the current song playing to x.
  • <MUJxxxx:yyyy:zzzz. MUsic Jump. Jump to event z if the current song playing is at or beyond measure x beat y. Goes to the next command if this condition is not true.

Sep 15, 2016 at 5:05 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Nobody has ever bothered to document that stuff, iirc. I know it was talked about before by Wedge of Cheese many moons ago but no ground was actually broken

If you really want it I would suggest sifting through RAM using cheat engine or the like and hoping that the tempo/range/ect is all stored in a constant location and work from there.

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:06 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
What would be the time demands/charges for a "TSC library" that dealt with manipulating the playback of music? For example, imagine these TSC commands:

• <SMUxxxx:yyyy: Set MUsic. Makes the current song playing jump to measure x and beat y.
  • <RRMxxxx:yyyy: Repeat Range of Music. Change the repeat range of the current song playing from measure x to measure y, for the duration of time that that song is loaded into memory.
  • <TMUxxxx: Tempo of MUsic. Sets the tempo of the current song playing to x.
  • <MUJxxxx:yyyy:zzzz. MUsic Jump. Jump to event z if the current song playing is at or beyond measure x beat y. Goes to the next command if this condition is not true.
Doesn't look technically challenging, although like Blink said I'd have to do a bit of digging to find out exactly *what* those values are. soo... $12? it's like a bit more than what i'd consider small but not really a medium task.

with TSC commands though I suppose you should also tell me how you want them written, either to hook onto the vanilla parser, as components of TSC+, other(???)

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Based Member
Yeah, I remember WoC uncovering a bit of info that could have led to stuff like this, but it seems like it would still need some more digging. I was mostly asking about this just for fun since I don't have any mods planned, but if I were serious about this, I would probably want it to be part of TSC+ since that's more efficient.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:23 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
You want it, it's yours my friend, as long as you have enough loonies

Sep 18, 2016 at 5:41 AM
Been here way too long...
How much would it cost to make Cave Story good?

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:49 PM
Professional Whatever
those are some hefty opinions zxin

Sep 18, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Modding Community Discord Moderator
CSE Discord Moderator
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
cough fourth ending cough

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:47 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Just curious, what might it cost to add multiple different borders for text boxes? (For example, some tsc command <MS4 or something that calls forth it's own border separate from <MSG and <MS3.)