Grotto Fable v1.5.1 (Last updated 3/06/2019)

Should I keep updating this mod?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Old topic!
The last post in this thread is over 60 days old. Posting in this thread will be considered a bump, so please make an attempt to be courteous if you go ahead with it.

If the last post is over 6 months old, it may instead be a better idea to start a new topic. If you aren't sure about what to do, feel free to ask a staff member for help, or try to locate a 'general questions'-type thread if it exists in this (sub-)forum.
Sep 4, 2018 at 1:49 AM
2dbro
"Keep on rollin'!"
Oct 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Version 1.5 is out now! Link is on the top of the thread. :)

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:08 AM
2dbro
"Keep on rollin'!"
thanks!!!!!.png

Next time you use my ORGs I would like to be properly credited and be asked about it first.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2018 at 1:37 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
View attachment 5020

Next time you use my ORGs I would like to be properly credited and be asked about it first.
Oh shit, I'm sorry about that. I'll be sure to give you proper credit AND ask permission in the future. In the meantime, would you like me to remove the ORGs since I didn't really ask to use 'em? I'd be happy to

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:45 AM
2dbro
"Keep on rollin'!"
You can keep them, just make sure to tell me next time.

Oct 19, 2018 at 1:47 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'll make sure to credit you for the ones I used because now I feel bad and it's only fair that I give you credit

Oct 22, 2018 at 4:27 PM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Oh this mod again. I think I played an earlier version (1.3.1?), but I don't recall much more than a "not Cave Story" mod.

-4 nested directories just to get to the main one? Is this some kind of sick revenge??

-This mod uses Config+... hm.

-Okay, in the mods folder you've left a bunch of mods that you're not using in here. You can safely delete them when you release the mod to save on file size.

"Studio Pixel presents..."
-Err... I mean you could basically comment out this cut-scene until you know what you want to put here. Just put "<WAI9999" at the start of the event that it runs. (#0200 IIRC?)

"DIFFICULTPIT96"
-Well shit, that is your name. I guess I was always distracted by the icon next to it to actually read it... what the heck.

"This mod is meant to make Cave Story feel slightly refreshing,"
-SLIGHTLY refreshing? Who ever intends their thing to be slightly refreshing?
>How's the Kool-Aid, Jim?
>>SLIGHTLY refreshing.

>Interacts with unassuming sign. Credits roll.
-Okay then that's fucking weird. And now I can move in the middle of this all of a sudden. Did you leave a debug item here by accident or something?

-Oh shit you used skipflags here. Take 10 modder's tokens.

-Ahh Gestation is lovely... too bad I've probably listened to it all the way though a few hundred times by now.

"... not"
-butbutbutbut I waited for the musssic...

-Nothing that involves merely editing the text of this transmission is going to make me suddenly not hate having to sit through it again. Ralren proved that... sorry.

-The critters have slightly more health and drop a fuck-ton of weapon energy? Err- okay.

-I'm already on level 3 -- which deals 8 damage (?!) -- maybe you could nerf its damage/range or increase how much weapon energy it takes to level up, but decrease how much it takes to level down by just decreasing lv3's level up value?

"OH MY GOD"
-I don't think I've ever seen a "not Cave Story" mod change that text before. Take 1 modder's token for originality. (yes the token system is totally broken, phone management about it.)

"=Silver="
-... the hedgehog.

"Well my brother was kinda a dick anyways..."
-Heh-heh. I'm still not a fan of "the dialogue is the same, but occasionally the characters say something new," but it can occasionally be a little funny. Personally I'd prefer if some of it was <TUR'd, or skipped over entirely.

-Hey, wouldn't it be funny if Balrog was absurdly str-- holy shit he is! HUZAAH!

-TAKE IT UP THE ASS, TOASTERMAN.

-The map looks kinda weird with the mixed dark-green and pumpkin-orange.

-Hey by the way, you should probably widen these maps to fit the new aspect-ratio. You can use the "shift map tile" function in BL to help you out with that. Just right click in the tile editor. It's also an opportunity to put some new stuff in the parts of these areas that we couldn't see before! Have fun with that.

"EGG"
-You dirty man!

"Wife"
-=O I get a wife!?!

-You need to make the game wait longer before deleting Igor in his cut-scene with Sue, once again because of the aspect ratio. But this is still an opportunity to show us something that we couldn't see before. Maybe Igor could fall into a trapdoor in the ground that disappears, would explain through a joke how he isn't visible off to the right moments later.

-Oh cool, a health refill... but no Missile Launcher? I guess it won't be of much use to me then.

"Shield lowered."
-Hey, here's a suggestion: take that literally.

-R.I.P. Igor. More of a pussy than Balrog.

-Oh cool I went into the Egg 0 room and then the game gave me a stage error... and then didn't generate an error log?

-I don't like to have to do this, but I'm going to have to edit your mod, sir.

-Okay your .pxm is broken. I just replaced it with the vanilla one, although I sincerely hope you edited it.

-After Kazuma lists the sector code for Weed Village, there's an automatic linebreak triggered by the number of characters used, in addition to yours.

-TIME TO GO TALK TO SUE AGAIN. =3=

>weedTown's music nearly reaches the bass drop. Picks up an item.
-Ah, the familiar sound of Cave Story music. What was I just doing again?

"Jellyfish Jizz"
-OKAYYY

>The lipstick is unaltered.
-The missed potential, my friend.

-BALROG YOU A PUSSY.

-Okay, I'm not doing MALCO's fetch quest AGIAN. This is the end of the line for me.

Oct 27, 2018 at 12:48 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I can't play this game, my laptop deletes the exe files because it's a virus.

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:09 AM
Part-Time Perfectionist
CS Beta Content Discord Admin
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I can't play this game, my laptop deletes the exe files because it's a virus.
It definitely isn't.
That's just a common issue with Cave Story mods, especially ones with assembly in them. (because nothing is worse than people editing exes, God forbid)

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:11 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you on this, but I want to make sure I know which orgs in Grotto are yours for credit.