gm, that dam looks bleeping AMAZING!!

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:16 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
gm, thnx sooo much for the update, and a substantial one at that! seriously, when i checked th journal, i just about fell off my seat! i sat there for prolly 5 minutes just taking in all the detail. i can say this is easily my favorite structure ive seen.
however, i do think u should have some shading on the sides. right now it looks a little flat. idk if ill have time soon but i could try to tweak it a little. i might also go over some of my old stuff that i sent you.

Jul 14, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
srry 4 double post, im typin on psp & have a limit on message length :(
gm if u need any new graphics, give me a holler. i think ive figured out how all the 8x8 stuff & all that works, & my artistic ability has matured a little bit since the last stuff i sent u. just send me a email if u need anything!

Jul 15, 2009 at 6:01 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Seconded.

Jul 15, 2009 at 5:22 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Indeed; nice work, GM!

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
Holy crap, that is eye candy of the first order. I still check the diary almost every day, and it was a real delight to see such an update. It's so good to know that you're back in the saddle, GM. This is an epic project that deserves to be seen through to the end!

Jul 19, 2009 at 3:23 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
I'm glad you guys like the dam. It was so hard to find a way to draw it that would actually look good. I almost ditched the design in favor of a simpler dam, without curved edges, just to move on. I'm glad I stuck with it.

Now I'm working on additional graphics required for this area. They, too, will be part of the final count of tiles I need. There's a really large door west of the dam, in the side of a cliff wall, that plays an important part of the story. Plus, I need to make a decision on which tombstone graphics I'm going to use. (Josh has submitted quite a few of these.)

Jul 19, 2009 at 5:13 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
huh? josh is still alive? lol. i havnt heard from him in ages! wats up josh!

gm, if you need any graphics, just tell me and ill get on it. if not, theres something i wanna try that will make this game feel more like a true sequal than it would if we just left this aspect alone. ill email you with the details.

Jul 27, 2009 at 5:31 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Great job on this. I can not wait to see the final project completed. Great things come to those who wait and it is worth the wait!

Bravo!