Gliding? Hidden Rockets? Just Epic Skill?

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
X-Calibar said:
It was for the robots, not the Crown Bearer... Unfortantely, apparently the Crown seems to be able to control the frenzied mimigas... So it kinda backfired on them.
At least this is said in Cave Story... not sure about mods.

Point 2 ... TELEFRAG@! lol I wonder if that would really work...

Point 1: You sure? Can I get a script quote?
Point 2: It's a reference to the Doom boardgame. You can instakill any enemy by teleporting onto a square they occupy. I telefragged a cyberdemon. XD

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:26 PM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
DragonBoots said:
Point 1: You sure? Can I get a script quote?
Point 2: It's a reference to the Doom boardgame. You can instakill any enemy by teleporting onto a square they occupy. I telefragged a cyberdemon. XD
I'm getting lazy... xD here goes :
Jenka : "Hmmm... You're a soldier from the surface, aren't you.
It wasn't long ago that hundreds of robots like you came to this island. Countless Mimigas perished at their hands. As did the humans who tried to protect them. Cornered, the Mimigas finally ingested the forbidden red flowers, and in their murderous rage began to strike back against the robots. Had the red flowers not existed, the Mimigas might have vanished entirely from the island..."
Jenka : ".....
Have you ever seen a frenzied Mimiga? The cornered Mimigas hoped that the red flowers would grant them strength. They ate them, and then they fought against the robots.
However...
Do you know what happened to them afterwards? ..... It is a sad tale... The enraged Mimigas, likely unable to control their own actions, disappeared without a trace. If rumors are to be trusted, they descended to the surface, where humans live. An army of ferocious Mimigas loosed upon the earth... If that were true... Do you understand now? Do you understand how dangerous the red flowers are? ....."

Curly : "When we got here, the island was in a shambles. The robots had torn it all to pieces... And countless Mimigas had been slaughered... It was... terrible... Finally, one man got the ODemon CrownO in his possession. The robots' work was done, and the island fell silent. But that was just the beginning of the tragedy. With the crown in hand, the man turned the Mimigas into killers and began his assualt on the Earth."

As for telefrags ... brings back good memories from Quake multiplayer! *10 people try to spawn over and over and there's a fountain of gibs :o*

Dec 9, 2009 at 5:35 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
X-Calibar said:
It was for the robots, not the Crown Bearer...
Well technically the robots were led by the crown bearer, he just didn't have the crown at the time. :o

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:02 AM
Indie game enthusiast
andwhyisit said:
Well technically the robots were led by the crown bearer, he just didn't have the crown at the time. :D
That could be true :D
Although, the truth is... do we know if Miakid really ordered all the killing? Was he really leading the attacks?
I mean I like the theory where "General Miakid" is leading all of the robots under a unified attack force backed by the countries of the earth...

But... on the flip side, do we know if he really ordered the killing? Was he an oppressive evil person who alone ordered the robots to find the crown no matter what?

... why does he turn upon the countries of the earth? Why were the robots all dead in the Core base? Why did he use the Mimigas that were previously being slaughtered to attack the countries that had previously help him gain the Demon Crown?

What I'm proposing is what if he detested what was happening? The countries of the earth weren't sending in humans to attack... they were sending unthinking, unfeeling robots to find the Demon Crown no matter what. War has become simply sending in robots to accomplish missions. People don't have to be involved... This Demon Crown was just yet another game to them...
Miakid may be the "leader" of the army, but in reality he's just another puppet. When he finds the Demon Crown he then turns on the very robots is supposed to lead. He discovers he can control the frenzied Mimigas that previously were being slaughtered. There is no hope for these Mimigas without reason... but the demon crown controls them...
He can avenge the Mimigas, by aiding them in attacking the earth. War upon a society that simply sends robots to kill innocents for their own gain.

:o It's just an alternative plotline rather than being just the evil general...
I mean maybe everything got way out of control, and perhaps when he got the Demon Crown it began to influence his way of thinking as well...

The only thing he might not have counted on, are of robots that can think for themselves, robots that actually can feel...

Dec 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
X-Calibar said:
Why were the robots all dead in the Core base?
Because either downing the island was a last ditch method to kill Miakid, or they got stuck in there by accident. Either way they showed aggression towards the core and got wiped out. The Core most likely didn't forget about being attacked by robots back then, so when it sees two robots show up 10 years later it attacked them as well.

X-Calibar said:
What I'm proposing is what if he detested what was happening?
Pretty ugly solution though.

X-Calibar said:
The countries of the earth weren't sending in humans to attack... they were sending unthinking, unfeeling robots to find the Demon Crown no matter what. War has become simply sending in robots to accomplish missions. People don't have to be involved... This Demon Crown was just yet another game to them...
The point is to have the human think so that the robots don't have to.

X-Calibar said:
Miakid may be the "leader" of the army, but in reality he's just another puppet. When he finds the Demon Crown he then turns on the very robots is supposed to lead.
He would have to. The robots would have labeled him as an enemy the moment he took the crown for himself.

X-Calibar said:
He discovers he can control the frenzied Mimigas that previously were being slaughtered. There is no hope for these Mimigas without reason... but the demon crown controls them...
He can avenge the Mimigas, by aiding them in attacking the earth. War upon a society that simply sends robots to kill innocents for their own gain.
It is possible, but I would disregard any notion of this being for the benefit of the already heavily reduced Mimiga population.

X-Calibar said:
The only thing he might not have counted on, are of robots that can think for themselves, robots that actually can feel...
Quote and Curly, sure. Though they didn't kill Miakid, someone/something else did.

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM
Indie game enthusiast
Though they didn't kill Miakid, someone/something else did.
Likely, but not necessarily. Quote and Curly wounded Miakid, but we don't know what happened after that. Curly simply can't remember. Quote well, Curly says 'Do you remember anything?'...
Basically there's the possiblity that Quote or Curly could have finished Miakid off although I don't think right away, although something prevents them from remembering anything between that time and when they wake up much later.

It is possible, but I would disregard any notion of this being for the benefit of the already heavily reduced Mimiga population.
Even with their "heavily reduced" population, they somehow manage to wage war upon the earth, seemingly for some significant period of time...
So how is this possible? What exactly IS the war? How long does it last?

The way Kazuma, Booster, even Sue talk about it... it must be significant to the earth. Which makes me think there were more than just a few frenzied mimgas left...
Perhaps there were MANY frenzied mimigas left? If the Red Flower can cause the undead to rise again... perhaps the same can be said for the Frenzied Mimigas. Although there were MANY frenzied mimgas... we know that there are only a few untainted Mimigas left...

He would have to. The robots would have labeled him as an enemy the moment he took the crown for himself.
Depends...
"Finally, one man got the ODemon CrownO in his possession. The robots' work was done, and the island fell silent. But that was just the beginning of the tragedy."
He could have fooled the robots, their mission was to acquire the demon crown... once it was completed they were finished. Any remaining threats could have been sent to the labyrinth by Misery [as shown by several robots rotting in the labyrinth] or even sent to the Core. Yes, it's possible they were sent to destroy the core... but it's also possible they were fooled into gathering there. You saw how many, many,many, many bodies were in there. I don't think they were ALL killer robots. In fact I think a lot of them were probably just regular robots. They were probably clueless as to what was happening before the Core came out and started to wipe them out.

Although it's up to you to decide how it really happened...

The point is to have the human think so that the robots don't have to.
That's one way to see it. But, it depends on who was in charge of the robots actions.

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:37 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
I just realised something important.

The frenzied Mimigas that fought the robots disappeared right? We assumed that was the last we saw of the frenzied Mimigas, that Miakid used the flowers on the remaining Mimiga population, and that the rumours of Mimigas descending to the surface held no water (well I did at least).

The crown bearer is able to control frenzied Mimigas. The truth may simply be that he took control of the already frenzied Mimigas and used them to wage war on the surface. Which means that the rumour about descending to the surface might have been true, but as Miakid's own personal army. It explains a few things. No-one would try to form a frenzied Mimiga army purely made up of children and the elderly.

I take back my "disregard any notion of this being for the benefit of the already heavily reduced Mimiga population" comment from earlier. I just countered my own argument. :D

So to answer the question behind this entire thread:
"Crown Bearer"

@X-Calibar: Your theory holds a fair amount of water. The scary part is that he may have been trying to do the right thing but was ultimately killed (of which our protagonists played a part) and society on the surface is still run by those/that selfish individual(s) that started this chain of events in the first place.

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM
Level 73 Procrastinator
Random thoughts

Ahhh, don't you like it when a theory can be summed up in two words?
andwhyisit said:
@X-Calibar: Your theory holds a fair amount of water. The scary part is that he may have been trying to do the right thing but was ultimately killed (of which our protagonists played a part) and society on the surface is still run by those/that selfish individual(s) that started this chain of events in the first place.
Hmm, do I smell a new plot?
Quote, Curly, and Balrog, forced from their peaceful home and stuck fighting against the selfish and destructive dwellers of the Surface? {It'd be more detailed than that, of course}
I like the possibilities of this....
{Mostly because Balrog would finally be a full protagonist ^.^;}

Dec 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Cold Agony of Resolute Vacuum
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Wow. o.o
I should post more of the inane CS-things I come up with.

So andywhy, you say the Crown Bearer carried the Mimigas to the surface?

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
DragonBoots said:
So andywhy, you say the Crown Bearer carried the Mimigas to the surface?
No.

I never made any mention of how he got them to the surface. He could have flown them down in a private jet for all I know. It seems silly to start a war if you have no way to get your troops to the battlefield. So I have no idea how, but I believe that he got them down there.

Dec 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Creating A Legacy...
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Well if he had the power to control the mimigas then he must of had the power to teleport them. Remember the doctor could float with help of the crown. maybe miakid used this power on the mimigas and made them float to the surface

Mar 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM
inactive user
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The island was once weighed down with all the extra Mimigas and red flowers, and when they jumped off, it floated up.
This also explains why the helicopter worked to get on, considering in the extreme long shots the island is pretty fucking high above mountains. Mountains are TALL-ASS rocks, everybody.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM
"Huzzah!"
There's only a few ways to answer the question, one of which involves someone making a mod and then finally finding out the truth.

So, who here wants to volunteer to make a mod in which the enraged Mimigas reach the surface?

Mar 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM
inactive user
Mike73 said:
There's only a few ways to answer the question, one of which involves someone making a mod and then finally finding out the truth.

So, who here wants to volunteer to make a mod in which the enraged Mimigas reach the surface?
I could do that, if i wasn't already working on about 24 OTHER MODS at the time!!!!

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:36 AM
"Huzzah!"
...Is that even possible? How do you haver enough time to even have three on your list?

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:17 AM
Been here way too long...
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
i guess he's joking or crazy or both

now, that would be a pretty cool mod. A better question than 'how they got there' (sky dragons) would be 'how were they driven back'; battle robots like Quote and Curly right?

Mar 25, 2010 at 2:24 AM
Banned
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Mike73 said:
...Is that even possible? How do you haver enough time to even have three on your list?

It's entirely possible and has been done before.

Problem most of them won't make it past a demo and none of them will be any good.

Mar 25, 2010 at 3:09 PM
inactive user
Fire1052 said:
It's entirely possible and has been done before.

Problem most of them won't make it past a demo and none of them will be any good.

Shit. I'm afraid you're right.

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Maybe Mimigas could descend to the surface using a simple parachute?

Mar 25, 2010 at 7:37 PM
inactive user
trickybilly said:
Maybe Mimigas could descend to the surface using a simple parachute?

Why the GHKCVUCKHB didn't any of us think of that??????
:(;