give me movies

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:25 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
i havent watched like any movies do you guys know good ones

Sep 30, 2020 at 12:37 PM
"Huzzah!"
uhh i don't watch movies much anymore but castle in the sky is good. it has cool robot soldiers, caves, a floating island with a mysterious power, and- hey wait a second

Sep 30, 2020 at 2:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
uhh i don't watch movies much anymore but castle in the sky is good. it has cool robot soldiers, caves, a floating island with a mysterious power, and- hey wait a second
Also the protagonist is a descendant of a ancient civilization who passed away just like in Minecraft.

Sep 30, 2020 at 5:53 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Watch the entire Bill and Ted trilogy. It's all quite the ride.

Sep 30, 2020 at 8:22 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
"What we do in the shadows" by Taika Waititi if you want comedy.

"Knives Out" by Rian Johnson for thriller/drama/mystery.

"Jojo Rabbit" also by Taika Waititi if you want something somewhat "poetic" with meaning behind it but not like completely arthouse and intangible.

"Cat in the Hat (2003)" if you're into cosmic horror.

"Kung Pow: Enter the Fist (2002)" if you want the possible origins of YoutubePoop and "Abridged" style parody humor.

And then if you want action just watch like John Wick or something.

Sep 30, 2020 at 10:53 PM
"Huzzah!"
i recommend what we do in the shadows - also, i was going to mention this in my original post, but anything by ghibli is generally considered really good (spirited away, howl's moving castle, totoro) and my personal favourite is the aforementioned castle in the sky (or laputa if you don't speak spanish)

uhhh... what else

detective pikachu was a fun movie even as someone who isn't that into pokemon, and i heard the sonic one was good, though i haven't seen it yet... there's this animated film called 'dragon hunters' which i used to like a lot, but i haven't seen it recently so i don't remember if it's good or if i just really like floating islands lol

Sep 30, 2020 at 11:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
I would also say something like "The Platform" is a good watch if you don't mind the english dub messing up the mouth syncing since it was originally spoken in spanish.

A Silent Voice is one of my favorite films of all time, so I'd also recommend that as well.

Oct 2, 2020 at 12:20 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Some old ones that I liked, and usually just the first when it came to movies with sequels: Inception, Willow, Matrix, Iron Man, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Underworld, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Bourne Identity, maybe Perfect Storm (knew what was going to happen generally actually enhanced it for me), Stardust (only seen it once, kinda forget everything about it, except that I liked it) etc. Lots of the things with fantastic visuals, music and personal preferences. I'm sure there were more that I liked focusing on suspense and mystery, but it seems big visuals and action are easy to remember lol.
Most favorites these days are TV series or animated things though.

Oct 2, 2020 at 1:21 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
ok here's my list

Cartoon Films:
The Secret of Nimh
Absolutely atmospheric film about mice with a secret society. Possibly one of the greatest cartoon films ever made.

An American Tale (1 and 2)
More mice films, not as good but still worth the watch.

The Land Before Time
Another atmospheric film with a great musical score. One of my favorite films ever.

Atlantis; The Lost Empire.
Another Great film, Definitively the best book adaption Disney ever did, all the characters written in it are mint.
Treasure Planet:
Lesser version of Atlantis, but takes place in space.

Megamind: If you haven't seen this film you're really missing out, great comedy, and good writing.
A Goofy Movie: Another great film by Disney that's underrated. The last, best animated film they made imo.

Live Action:
12 Angry Men (1957)
Probably the best low-budget film I've ever seen. Entire movie takes place in a single room, and the writing carries the whole story.

The Thing (1982)
well written horror film, with amazing practical effects from the time, that still hold up today.

Point Break
Absolute classic, a dated, but must watch for cultural enlightmentment

Terminator 2
Terminator 1 was kinda ok, but Terminator 2 is classic 80s film and just kinda great.

Star Wars (episode 4-6)
You've seen this film, and on the 1% chance you haven't, don't watch it. Go watch Firefly instead, that's a much better thing to watch. Also if you haven't seen it and you DO want to see it, watch the despecialized edition of episode 4 at the very least.

Top Gun
An accidentally, incredibly homo-erotic film that has aged terribly, the only good part of the whole damn film was "Lead Me On" and "Danger Zone". The Flying scenes were decent, and I know it was 86 when they filmed it, but there's literally no other substance in the film, other than some of the crazy shots they do to make Tom Cruise not look tiny next to the big boys.

Back To the Future Parts 1-3
These films speak for themselves, if you haven't seen them, please do.

Fight Club
Great Mindfuck film, a must watch.

V for Vendetta
INCREDIBLY relavent film to watch today. My personal favorite film as well.

Hot Fuzz
Great Britian comedy film that does more than just deliver dry lines as ""comedy"" and call it a day.

Oct 17, 2020 at 2:27 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
I'd recommend Tenet. It's a Christopher Nolan film, so expect a lot of beautiful mindfuckery.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 10:44 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I just watched Whiplash and it was really good, I don't watch movies much but this was amazing

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:29 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The Untitled Gamer Movie is an underrated classic. Easily one of the best pieces of cinema to come out of the 1940s.

Oct 20, 2020 at 8:54 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
The John Wick movies are probably the best series of movies in recent memory.

Oct 22, 2020 at 1:21 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Watch The Social Network.

Oct 29, 2020 at 3:52 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Inception or the 1993 Super Mario Bros Movie

Dec 20, 2020 at 9:03 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Have more links?

Last edited:
May 15, 2021 at 4:53 PM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
I really suggest you watch Breaking Bad. I watched the whole film in a week.

May 16, 2021 at 6:37 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Breaking Bad is really good, I'm watching the Better Call Saul spinoff and i think you should watch it too if you ever watch BB lole

May 16, 2021 at 11:34 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Tusk is quite a ride, it's a "comedy" movie that is uh, silly.

May 28, 2021 at 8:25 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Baby Driver is pretty good. Music plays a big role in the film's action scenes which make it a real pleasure to watch. Also it is not a Boss Baby spinoff.