Ghost Song: A Journey of Hope

Aug 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
"Ghost Song is a 2D "metroidvania" style game that not only gives players that feeling of isolation and minimalism Super Metroid fans long for, but also delivers an emotionally powerful story. This story is told not through pages of exposition or long cut scenes, but through being in the game, being in the moment, and observing events as they unfold. It's a highly ambient, atmospheric approach to story that falls somewhere between Super Metroid and Dark Souls in its tenor."

There's a gameplay video on the kickstarter page.

Aug 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
I would be more interested if the main character looked more appealing or didn't move so stiff and boringly. Everything looked really cool until the sub par animation came in.

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:09 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'll agree the run cycle isn't that fluid, but it won't deter me from playing a game like this. Good quality indie Metroidvanias are few & far between IMO, & I love the art direction here.
A 2D indie platformer that breaks from the run-of-the-mill "OMG it's so retro" 8-bit 'homage' aesthetic is a good thing in my book.

EDIT: There's also a good chance some graphics could be placeholders, I'll hold my judgement until this thing's nearing completion.

Check it out, the guy's doing an HD overhaul of the graphics
p172285-0-crashside720fc.png

Here's a link to KS update going in depth about the overhaul
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1192311215/ghost-song-a-journey-of-hope/posts/635696
& just for fun
p172285-1-deadsuitshiploop.gif