Ghost kitten adventure 2 =FULL GAME=

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:32 PM
"Huzzah!"
Xing1870 said:
Just as a joke it would be funny to make a short McDonald's CS mod.

of course make it AFTER you've fixed ghost kitty 1 and 2

Nope, he'll probably start it tommorow.

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Oct 30, 2014 at 10:29 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
your #1 game tester here (self-proclaimed) i just played the updated demo.

MUUUUCH BETTER
i could go over all the improvements but you made the game, you know better than me. Lots of fixes to things that were wrong, although there are still some things that need to be fixed

1 you can drown in the water. when i said that the water was intangible, i meant that as a good thing since you said that's how the water was supposed to be cause... its a ghost

2 there's the equivalent of a life capsule in the first cave but its kind of unnecessary because you start with 15 health (the life capsule adds 4) and the only enemies in the game are in the graveyard. in the course of the game i only lost 1 health and that was from carelessness

3 the item ghastly energy still has quotation marks instead of the circles (= in text appears as a circle)

4 there's still grass texture under grass texture in the grave yard and under the sprinkler in yamashita farm... it bugs me

5 no music plays in the map "storage" (although at this point i'm assuming this is intentional)

6 in assembly hall the mimiga village song plays, it seems out of place for a abandoned building

7 i was going to complain how arthur's key was still there but i see you put in it's description "it has no use"

8 giving the frog guy in the graveyard more health and drop a begillion (<-- real amount, i counted) does not make him a worthy foe, just easy to farm for xp

9 when you leave yamashita farm it plays the sound that plays when you skip through text (the low-pitched badadadada)

10 those x laddis fences on the storehouse and assembly hall are still in the foreground

Oct 30, 2014 at 10:57 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
You can fly out of the Assembly Hall. Woo

Oct 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM
Soup Man
You can fly out of the Assembly Hall. Woo
I'll fix that.

your #1 game tester here (self-proclaimed) i just played the updated demo.

MUUUUCH BETTER
i could go over all the improvements but you made the game, you know better than me. Lots of fixes to things that were wrong, although there are still some things that need to be fixed

1 you can drown in the water. when i said that the water was intangible, i meant that as a good thing since you said that's how the water was supposed to be cause... its a ghost

2 there's the equivalent of a life capsule in the first cave but its kind of unnecessary because you start with 15 health (the life capsule adds 4) and the only enemies in the game are in the graveyard. in the course of the game i only lost 1 health and that was from carelessness

3 the item ghastly energy still has quotation marks instead of the circles (= in text appears as a circle)

4 there's still grass texture under grass texture in the grave yard and under the sprinkler in yamashita farm... it bugs me

5 no music plays in the map "storage" (although at this point i'm assuming this is intentional)

6 in assembly hall the mimiga village song plays, it seems out of place for a abandoned building

7 i was going to complain how arthur's key was still there but i see you put in it's description "it has no use"

8 giving the frog guy in the graveyard more health and drop a begillion (<-- real amount, i counted) does not make him a worthy foe, just easy to farm for xp

9 when you leave yamashita farm it plays the sound that plays when you skip through text (the low-pitched badadadada)

10 those x laddis fences on the storehouse and assembly hall are still in the foreground
#9: I don't know WHAT that is. I'll try to fix it though. Thanks for your help.

EDIT:
OK. I fixed everything. Here's the new download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lulnyxhjaiqhfwm/Ghost%20Kittens%202%20demo.zip?dl=0

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:09 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
yay! its a small fix so ill do pros and cons

start with only 6 health and 10 with the life capsule

x laddis thingies are now in background

music is seamless with no jumps from room to room

graveyard guy (im going to keep changing his name) dosn't give too much xp but if you beat him while you go in and beat him when you get out your sword gets to lv2

the pot where you find the ghastly energy is sparkly (it was too hard to find before)

grass textures underground are fixed. YAY! :pignon:

it no longer makes the noise when you exit yamashita farm

You can drown in water and sink

it doesn't play the "got item" sound when you get the ghastly energy (this may be intentional to keep the atmosphere)

sorry for the bright colors, if you get a seizure don't sue me

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:26 AM
Soup Man
Xing1870 said:
yay! its a small fix so ill do pros and cons

start with only 6 health and 10 with the life capsule

x laddis thingies are now in background

music is seamless with no jumps from room to room

graveyard guy (im going to keep changing his name) dosn't give too much xp but if you beat him while you go in and beat him when you get out your sword gets to lv2

the pot where you find the ghastly energy is sparkly (it was too hard to find before)

grass textures underground are fixed. YAY! :pignon:

it no longer makes the noise when you exit yamashita farm

You can drown in water and sink

it doesn't play the "got item" sound when you get the ghastly energy (this may be intentional to keep the atmosphere)

sorry for the bright colors, if you get a seizure don't sue me
Thanks again. Also, the water's intentional. If stay there too long your soul gets destroyed. So is the got item sound. I thought it sounded too cheerful. Not creepy enough.
Also, here's a better download. In the old one, when ghost kitteh drowns, Quote's drowning sprite appears. Also I fixed up a few more things. Here you go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lulnyxhjaiqhfwm/Ghost%20Kittens%202%20demo.zip?dl=0

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:12 AM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"

Ehh... It was okay. IGN would probably give it a 6/10, at least.

And I think you should follow the <SAR Absolutely flawless and perfect <END business model of EA:

"Make DLC for everything"

-EA, every year after (about) 2010

Can't wait for DLC #127.5, where you replace the Ghost Cat with Danny Phantom!

And follow the wise words of Aar:

"Slow down there, buckaroo"

-Aar
And don't even think about pronouncing it "ARR!" like a pirate.<SAR = Used for SARcastic comments

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:30 AM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
TheVirtualBoy said:
I'll fix that.

This seems to be a recurring theme

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Um... Chosen One? Yeah that'll work. : P
"..."
Essentially someone PM when this mod is actually worth playing instead of the first one and I'll give you feedback.

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Why don't you just play it right now? It seems to be in a stable position as it is.

Oct 31, 2014 at 4:17 PM
"..."
Well it's like the first one but, from what I've gather, worse.

I'll check it out at some point. Not top priority right now tho.

Nov 2, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Soup Man
OK. I made a facepic. I hope it's not too horrible.

Attachments

• facepic.png
    facepic.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 9
Nov 2, 2014 at 3:02 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Of kitten an ghost why not fly through walls #illuminado

Nov 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM
"..."
The illuminate are plotting against Obama and that's why ghost kitten cant fly through walls

Nov 5, 2014 at 11:35 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Reddeh Le Steddeh said:
The illuminate are plotting against Obama and that's why ghost kitten cant fly through walls
What if the illuminateh are plotting against Obama and Cave Story? This issue must be addressed immediately!

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:41 AM
Soup Man
Xing1870 said:
the facepic is good, it matches the crude cartoon style of his sprite. my only suggestions is to redo the mouth, it looks kinda off, you could use the =3 emoticon mouth of a cat
OK, I'll make a better facepic, also, I'll move the release date of the full game to November 29th because my friend is coming over on the 22nd.

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:44 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
woah woah woah
you're already done w/ gost kittenz/??!!

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:04 AM
Soup Man
Spirit Drifter said:
woah woah woah
you're already done w/ gost kittenz/??!!
This is Ghost kittenz. Also, here's the new sprite I'm making:
Facestart.png
It's nowhere near complete, so don't criticize me yet.