General music sharing/discussion thread

Sep 27, 2012 at 5:40 AM
meep
"All your forum are belong to us!"
We've been having nice discussions over musics in the "rate the random music of the user above you" thread, so I was thinking it'd be nice to have a thread for free sharing and discussion without the whole "only the post above you" rating convention.

Anyways I'll pick up where we left off, cultr1, that haywyre song was good stuff. I especially loved the whole piano outro in the last few minutes, it was really chill. I've been putting the song on just to here that nice ending.

And infected mushroom is growing on me too, I like that one a lot better than the first one you posted.

Anyways I can't really think of anything to start with that I haven't already posted, so I'll kick us off with some traditional style chill out wub wubs.

Enjoy~

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:29 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
I like the whole "general discussion" idea. For the record, though, I hope this neither eclipses nor hampers the "Rate the Random Music" thread.

There was a time back around middle school or high school when I was pretty into trance, rave, and some house music, too, if I recall correctly. I sort of took a hiatus from a lot of that until recently, though.

I got hooked onto Ronald Jenkees's work, which is something close to electronic/hip hop/house-like music, if we need a label. He's full of good stuff. I think I've posted one or two of his tunes in the "Rate it" thread, but just in case, here's one video of his work:

and his soundcloud (it's almost entirely clips and teasers, but still worth checking it out!): http://soundcloud.com/ronaldjenkees

On his soundcloud site, he has one or two tunes with some wobbley bass, but that's about it. It's still great music, though.

I'm still but a child in the vast world of EDM, but I just heard about Skream a day or two ago. I've only listened to a few of his pieces (one more now—thanks, Yakkers!), but it's good stuff and his work comes from dubstep's earlier years, as I understand it. Cool.

Since we've started out with some more relaxed music, I'll leave this video here—just came across it earlier today, but I'm digging it deep!

Sep 28, 2012 at 4:20 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Sep 28, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Hyperbolic
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
^what did I just watch lol :p

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:05 AM
You don't usually go wrong with the old spice man.

So Cultr1 introduced me to the Vitaldubstep channel on Youtube and I'm repeatedly blown away. It's just full of ridiculous music. Like this one:

Oct 11, 2012 at 4:26 AM
meep

More Asphyxia because I just love Asphyxia so much

Oct 11, 2012 at 5:16 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
yes, I love Bullseye.
KDrew makes awesome stuff.

Yakkers, I really like what you're layin down for me here. It reminds me of the Binding of Isaac soundtrack a bit. Really good mastering, really good kit in general actually. Solid stuff, definitely downloaded.

Similar in sound, a preview from ISO's newest EP: Dark Matter.
I feel this thread is just the same as the music showoff thread if we don't talk about the songs that we post, so I'll just leave it at it sounds great, the breaks really make or break neuro-music in general for me, I think this nails the feel, while at the same time being pretty backed off for neurohop. It's chill but powerful, which is awesome for me. Btw Mosaic, NeuroFunkGrind regularly uploads great stuff, you should give it a listen if you're up for it.
Okay maybe that wasn't leaving it just at anything, but there we go.

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
hey i shared these with a couple people but i may as well post them here

http://cashierhua.bandcamp.com/album/ep
http://mornings.bandcamp.com/track/ebb
http://mensae.bandcamp.com/album/the-new-sounds-from-ep

i highly suggest listening to all of this

Oct 15, 2012 at 12:38 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"

And yup. imma Bro.

Oct 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
And yup. imma Bro.
I would be far less offended if you had just said brony

but I'm gonna stop this derail-in-the-making right here, let's please not get into an argument over how awful pewdiepie is in this thread.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:42 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I am not surprised in the least.

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
George and Jonathan made some new music that sounds like a very different style from what they've done before: http://soundcloud.com/popcorn10

Oct 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
ooh those are awesome, it feels like G&J are determined to keep pace with my taste in music :3c

Anyway I've been really digging Sorrow recently, this song especially. It's just amazing, ugh, I can't even describe how beautiful it is, just listen.

Ooh perfect, since no one has posted I can sneak one more in.
As my boy Paco0153 would put it,
"So incredibly chill! Makes my blunt sesh the mellowest I've been in a WHILE"

720p please, for your health

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM
meep
BADUMPADUMP

Pardon me for originally posting an upload of this song without the delicious 90 second orgasm of an outro:

I'll listen to your last post tomorrow cultr1 because it's 4:30 and bed yeah

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM
A Reluctant Balrog's Waifu
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Holy crap, Cultr1, those songs were so mellow they almost put me to sleep. They're sooooo calming and soothing. I like the second more than the first. Wow. Just wow.

Yakkers, what was that eargasm I just had. Damn. That song was really good, too.

Dropping this here because I'm not sure how popular it is outside of where I live, but this came on the moment me and my fiance stepped into a store a few days ago. It's not a piece of musical genius or anything, but it falls in the "if this starts playing, I will sing along loudly, even in public" category. It is a fun as hell song and I just love it.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Anyone here listens to Wolfmother?

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Not religiously, but I like most of what little I've heard from them. They seem to be having some problems keeping band members on board >_>;

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:21 AM
It's been a little while since I've checked up on this thread, so it took me a little while to get caught up with everyone's posts. Totally worth it. You people have some good taste in music. I have two versions of one song to share today. Is anyone else familiar with Tinashé? He was born in Zimbabwe and now lives in Britain. He has some great stuff.

I find this song incredibly powerful

I like the above version so very much, but this next one brings something of a simpler flavor to the song.

Nov 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OouY9rwIRjA

DEFQON 1

Nov 15, 2012 at 7:16 AM
meep
Dropping by for some more chill wub wubs:

Enjoy~