Gaudi Story v0.4

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:54 PM
Absentee Modder
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
I'm making a mod. For real this time. New gameplay. I haven't made too much of it yet, and it's probably going to end up being a pretty short mod. But here's what I've got so far.

Gaudi Story v0.4

It's meant to explain the loose ends of the original CS, including Professor Booster's life/death, the tow rope, etc.

Please download it, try it out, and comment!

If you have any suggestions, especially about new ways for it to intersect with the original story, I'd love to hear them.

Mar 26, 2012 at 12:57 AM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I'll try it out when I get a chance!

Mar 26, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
From what I've tried, it was pretty good. Enjoying the sprites and the gameplay is definitely fun and offers a good challenge. On the other hand, I did not entirely enjoy some of the things:

-I feel that the pause in the introduction of the Gaudi medal should be shortened a bit; seems to drag
-After Dark Puu dies, I would prefer if the moving blocks were removed, because I could be in a bad position and all of my hard work is literally crushed.
-Oh noes! I got Arms Barrier! I'm breaking the canon!... But on the other hand Quote never really needed that in the first place, so I'll just take it to myself!
Maybe the placement of the Arms Barrier can be a nice little plot idea though.

And also, either event #0125 or #0126 (not sure which) from the Block Space seems to be missing from the script, and brings me to where I would enter if I went ot the opposite side.... So I just called it a demo at that point. Overall, I enjoyed it, and I await the next demo. Could be pretty interesting or cool at least!

Mar 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Glitches ahoy!
-When the Pooh Black fight starts, the music will switch to Eyes of Flame before Gravity
-More importantly, if you hold down right when entering the room, you can skip the fight-starting event altogether because it's blocked by the <FAI still executing
-...It then takes place when trying to head back through the room instead
-Booster's dialogue freaks out a bit after giving him the first-aid kit

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Kinda hard getting out of the first maze,especially with so little HP and no Weapon.I'l make sure not to put so much enemies on my mod in the beginning.
Perhaps that's something you could work on this,kinda like a v0.5 if you would like to.But don't think i'm begging;its a critic.
Tough i don't have that much experience to critisise people now do i?
You know what?If you want to just ignore this,i'l come back to you some-when i finished half my mod.

Apr 2, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Pirate Member
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Shiny, I think the chest is full of arms barriers, but you can only have one.

So taking one arms barrier doesn't break the canon, because there are more in the chest.