Garage Games Secured Rights To Cave Story!!!

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:39 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
genius314 said:
Hey, his hat DOES say "Curly Brace" on it! I wonder why...
Curly Brace's name is on Quote's hat in all the Japanese fan art I see, too. Maybe it's a community reference.
Like the way you can't see Jack's face.

Mar 26, 2006 at 2:02 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Or, the action taking place on both screens,

This could probably either end up really cool, or really, really, lousy, but:
A game where the main character (Im not neccesarily talking about cave story) is in two worlds, and you have to watch out for bad stuff on both screens. It could have potential if done right.

Curly Brace's name is on Quote's hat in all the Japanese fan art I see, too. Maybe it's a community reference.

Yeah, i noticed the jack thing. I mean, its pretty obvious that its a reference since jack is so unimportant.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:59 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
genius314 said:
A game where the main character (I'm not neccesarily talking about cave story) is in two worlds, and you have to watch out for bad stuff on both screens. It could have potential if done right.
Have you heard of Chronos Twin? I couldn't tell if you were making a reference to it or didn't know that a game using this concept is already being made (for the PSP, unforetunately)

Mar 27, 2006 at 8:57 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Mar 27, 2006 at 3:13 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Well that all confuses me, can you write a "ALL IN ONE" ??
Is that right that doukutsu be on DS or PSP?
So, Pixel sell the Source code??
Well if thats right, my dream is broken...
My dream is to rewrite it for the DC (Dreamcast)...!

Edit:
But without editor it isn't so much fun!

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:44 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Mav, or rather Cristopher Boyer the Variant CEO, seems like a level headed guy to me. From his post there it seems that they are right on track and planning on taking Cave Story in a good direction. This is great news and I hope fans can get past this shocking news soon and understand that all of this is actually a positive situation.

Well that all confuses me, can you write a "ALL IN ONE" ??
Is that right that doukutsu be on DS or PSP?
So, Pixel sell the Source code??
Well if thats right, my dream is broken...
My dream is to rewrite it for the DC (Dreamcast)...!

Edit: But without editor it isn't so much fun!

On Variant Interactive's website they make a statement about the PC version remaining free to the public. That includes editors. Should you want to design your own version of Cave Story for your own personal use or just for fans to play 'free of charge' and have it be for PC, Dreamcast or even Xbox emulation then I believe that entitles you to continue your project.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 2, 2006 at 7:26 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
Apr 4, 2006 at 11:39 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Yep. That thread is still a bit of old news. We are still waiting to hear back from Variant Games is currently working with Shih Tzu as a translator between them and Pixel. It'll get straightened out soon enough.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 15, 2006 at 12:21 AM
Novice Member
"Officially Worth 1 Rupee"
Yeah, Mav does look pretty level-headed... Translations between two languages can easily cause mistakes. I still wonder what Pixel was thinking?

Edit: Ah crap. Revived an old thread. What was I thinking? Sorry.
Edit: Screw up on my first post. I'm pretty good.

Apr 15, 2006 at 9:43 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Mlcloud said:
Yeah, Mav does look pretty level-headed... Translations between two languages can easily cause mistakes. I still wonder what Pixel was thinking?

Edit: Ah crap. Revived an old thread. What was I thinking? Sorry.
Edit: Screw up on my first post. I'm pretty good.

Yes... uh, you are hereby banned...from here on out, hereby henceforth now and forever to um... eat cheese... at these forums.

Nah seriously, your post has content, it isn't a one liner, it is not a crime to revive an old thread by any means and you know how to edit! Wahoo. You my friend get a gold star. : ) And welcome to the forums.

And I hope this situation resolves itself soon. I really want to know what happened.

-SkyeWelse

Apr 16, 2006 at 6:31 AM
Apr 16, 2006 at 10:07 PM
upthorn said:
Pixel used to have some fanart (I think?) on his site with Curly Brace written on his hat.

Apr 17, 2006 at 1:17 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Kapow said:
They didn't draw that, they got it from doukutsu LJ community member blackbookalpha (original here).

Oh I didn't mean to imply that they drew it. They specifically credit Alpha for the artwork piece at their forums and asked for permission to use it.

-SkyeWelse