Gang Garrison 2

Apr 22, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Starbound sucked sadly
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
http://www.ganggarrison.com/

so i was playing this game called gang garrison 2, i probably wouldnt of played this normally, but it sparked my attention when i saw a screen shot with quote in it, so they seem to have added quote and curly for some reason in it :mad:

ganggarrison.jpg

heh though it looks slightly different from the regular sprites, probably so they wouldnt get introuble with pixel

red team gets quote, blue team gets curly

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:28 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
The reason why Gang Garrison 2 has Quote and Curly is because Quote was the first character developed for the game, despite GG2 being a "demake" of Team Fortress 2. (Curly was added later)

Note that both have the Bubbler as well as the Blade. Just like in Cave Story, only one Blade sprite can appear at a time, which results in massive damage when you manage to corner a player! Too bad the Bubbler is changed; bubbles float around you like a lvl 3, but don't turn into projectiles.

I think the game is pretty amusing. Fun when you have competent players, and no voice/text chatting makes for interesting methods to share info with teammates.

Apr 24, 2009 at 5:14 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Yeah, I was going to say something about this today, but I got beaten to the punch :D
Yeah, both of them are in the game as "Secret" characters that are selected by pressing 'q' on the character select screen. Both of them play the same, just have some minor visual differences and they dont gib like the normal GG characters. The bubbler doesnt do any damage, but creates an effective shield against projectiles and creates a temparary wall in a sense to slow oppenents, while the blade just hurts a lot and causes some knockback. I know I'm being redundant, but I just wanted to add that. Also, check out their taunts, pretty fitting in a way :)

Apr 25, 2009 at 6:55 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
What would this interesting method of chattting with teammates be other then downloading teamspeak/ventrilo if there's no typing to do in game. o.o

Apr 25, 2009 at 10:38 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Aside from downloading voice chat programs, the only way to communicate in GG2 would be to use the provided list of icons. (keys C & V and corresponding number, I think) If done wisely, the other players should get what you're trying to say.

Apr 26, 2009 at 2:51 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Played this a li'l bit, it's pretty fun so far, provided I don't lag too much >_> I'm "Lloyd" if you see me on there.

EDIT: O would ye lookit tha'.

May 5, 2009 at 5:57 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Cool story, Supermario.
Also, if anyone feels like playing with me, I mostly play on the /v/idya server.
GOTTA LOVE THE MAP-VOTIN'