Future of these forums?

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:05 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Even though thats exactly what it said on it I'm still wondering how long this forum is going to last, I've just gotten here and all these mods and ideas and theories are way too much fun and I just can't help think about what would happen when this forum shuts down, I'm being way too much of a pessimist now but it's that I keep wondering about, and if you're just randomly reading this, comment on what would you do if the forums shut down

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
It probably should have died years ago
but nobody seems to want to leave
so we just watch new batches of 12-year-olds come and go every month and yell at them for posting the same theories and forum games that have been made a thousand times already
Maybe it's stockholm syndrome

Aug 3, 2013 at 7:18 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
that explains a lot, thanks though

Aug 3, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
If it shut down, I would probably go back to making crappy flash and html5 games, instead of modding Cave Story. (Because honestly, no one will play a CS mod if you post it anywhere else, while here you can at least get 5 people to try it.)

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:00 PM
scrungy
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
Noxid said:
so we just watch new batches of 12-year-olds come and go every month and yell at them for posting the same theories and forum games that have been made a thousand times already

CSTSF in a nutshell

Aug 3, 2013 at 10:50 PM
"Huzzah!"
A great way to insure this place stays alive is to make "Mimiga World" a reality. Oho yes! An online game where everyone get's to play as a Mimiga! Traverse a world made up of floating islands! Beat on a chin fish with a stick! Pointlessly summon a Chaco with a lipstick! Boss raid Teh Nurse with your friends! All of the NPC Mimigas would stand around doing nothing saying things like, "The Cave Story Tribute Site Forums are the best!" and "CSTSF FTW!" etc. If this were made, who knows how many more 12 yo fans this place would get! Is good idea!

But seriously, if the forums shut down, I'd probably put my Cave Story fan games on hold and I'd switch to making my Zelda fan game first. Part of making games is because I enjoy it, but I also make games for other people to enjoy them. If these forums were gone, I wouldn't really know of a good place to share my Cave Story fan games upon their completion. I expect that the people that would enjoy them the most are here.

Aug 4, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I could write a long rant, but I'm not feeling edgy enough for that. I'll just say that I share many great memories with these forums and the users themselves and as long as the core remains, these forums will never die.

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:06 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
The modding scene would keep this place going long after everything else dies off if everything else does die off.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:11 PM
Hyperbolic
I don't know, but it'll sure be weird in 2 years when I'll be 30 (thirty) years old :)

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Been here way too long...
We're going to be bought by Nicalis. Obviously.

Aug 4, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Professional Whatever
CSTSF Wii now on sale

Aug 4, 2013 at 8:08 PM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
you forgot about the obligitory CSTSF on 3DS, DSiware, 3DS eshop, Wii u, Steam, Wii u eshop, DS, Gameboy advance, Gamecube, Gameboy color, SNES, Gameboy, NES, and the X-playbox station 104569347621-EX 74750-69.

Aug 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Skyewelse is op please nerf :p

Also, getting the Banhammer crashes the game, using the Bukkit Launcher on a spambot does no damage, The Core's 5th form gets stuck, it's possible to get Noxid stuck on the ceiling, for some reason Wild Desu and MagicDoors(who is incorrectly referred to as LunarSoul)can't be unlocked, RuneLancer starts with 0 hp...the list goes on. And, worst of all,

Polaris' default weapon is a Fireball.

A FIREBALL. I SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED A POLAR STAR. :mad:

Classic Nicalis, I guess.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Starbound sucked sadly
Honestly i'm pretty surprised this place hasn't gone already. After most stuff has been discussed already, no new cave story game insight. I rarely check this site at all nowadays, like once every month or two and that's just a glance not really reading much.

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Mrs. Policewoman
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
I don't really know why I still lurk here, but I do...

Aug 6, 2013 at 12:57 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
xristosx said:
Honestly i'm pretty surprised this place hasn't gone already. After most stuff has been discussed already, no new cave story game insight. I rarely check this site at all nowadays, like once every month or two and that's just a glance not really reading much.
People barely post anymore.

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:31 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
WoodenRat said:
People barely post anymore.
Sad, but true.

The forums pretty much go silent every week or so, which is especially frustrating because you can see all of the online users...but none of them do anything. -.-

However, as a whole, it's pretty certain that the Cave Story Tribute Site Forums will survive for a long, long time...if nothing else, out of necessity. Small as it is, it's pretty much the general English hub for all things Cave Story. If it didn't exist...where would all of that Modding info, all of those useful or interesting threads, and all of those mods (both good and bad) go?

And even though Cave Story has pretty much had every facet of it discussed to death (and back, thanks to necroposters), people can still sometimes pull off a relevant, interesting thread about something. Heck, on very rare occasions, sometimes those threads even have new information - for example, the surprising find of the Beast Fang's connection to the Red Demon, from last year.

And of course, these forums have always been intended to have plenty of room for discussion and whatnot on games outside of Cave Story. Those more general boards have pretty much infinite potential.

In short, I don't think it's going to flat-out be shut down or grow so inactive that there's no point coming anymore, but inactivity and laziness is likely to be a serious problem in our future.

Aug 6, 2013 at 3:50 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Noxid said it best, nobody wants to leave. As small as this community is, it appears as if many members stay for a very long time before making their departure, which gives enough time for someone with the same amount of dedication to take their place.
I don't mind that their aren't hundreds of posts each day, it makes it easy to casually read through everything without having to commit an entire day to it.