Funny April fools joke I played on unsuspecting Youtubers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Based Member
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Bump.

So! Wow, the video has gotten about 41,000 views as of this post, and there are so many forum posts scattered about in response to this video.
So some of you have heard that I was going to post an update video in an attempt to milk this hoax. Well, that part holds true, but I'm afraid that I have dropped out of some of the stuff I was mentioning earlier. I originally planned to involve applications that don't exist, as well as show members from these forums, and replace mods/admins with members who had a reputation for being incompetent. Well, when I got down to it, I just couldn't think of a way to actually mention/show members of these forums without making it seem forced. And this video only uses applications that really exist. So sorry for some of you who were wanting to see banned members become admins, but I decided to sacrifice absurdity for realism. But anyway, here it is:

Stay tuned to see all the reactions of the people who think this isn't a hoax!

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Well Hayden, that was extremely convincing and very well put together. All of that TSC and ASM, just great! I see that the video is slowly gaining some popularity already, I'm eager to see what comes of it. Good job.

Oh and also good job with the "extra requirements removed" download link. That's perfect.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Based Member
Thanks! Glad you liked it. I'm very eager to see the responses as well.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:36 AM
/end
It'll most likely fly over the common Cave Story player's head.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:47 AM
Based Member
MetaSeraphim said:
It'll most likely fly over the common Cave Story player's head.
That's the idea. Once I start talking technical, my hope is for them to instantly trust that I know what I'm talking about, and that it is true, because something that technical can't possibly be all made up, can it? I mean, once that guy starts using big words and stuff, you know that what that guy's saying is true, and the deal is just sealed when he starts pulling out all these figures and whatnot.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:53 AM
/end
I have never seen that guy before, but I knew the video was bull as soon as he started wrapping an ethernet cord around a cell-phone.

Please, don't tell me people were actually fooled by this guy? If so, humanity -1.

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Professional Whatever
MFW positive comments included sonicandsilver

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Is that who I think it is?

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:53 AM
Based Member
:D Oh my gosh that is so awesome, thanks for posting that.

Was that on Skype? And I know you censored his name for a reason, so I'm not asking you to be too specific, but was that some friend of yours from real life, or what?

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:54 AM
/end
But, it looks so real! And the guy in the video explain things in big words I don't understand. Is this real life or is this fantasy?

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:08 AM
Based Member
MagicDoors said:
MFW positive comments included sonicandsilver
MFW positive comments included MagikkuDoors.

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Been here way too long...
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
Yeah Hayden that was my real life friend (he's not on the forums but I introduced him to CS) who messaged me out of nowhere telling me that Cave Story had a fourth ending, it seriously made my day

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:13 AM
/end
Everyone else was joining in the fun so I wanted to as well.

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Yeah Hayden that was my real life friend (he's not on the forums but I introduced him to CS) who messaged me out of nowhere telling me that Cave Story had a fourth ending, it seriously made my day

Gotta love the fact that people are still thinking this is legit even after the mod has been around for a year :awesomeface:

The first time I saw it on YouTube, I knew it was fake from the "It is floating in midair" text, but I thought it was awesome and hoped it was a mod of some sort.

Sure made me happy when I saw it here :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Based Member
Dunc2403 said:
I told you to change it Hayden but did you listen? No.
You never told me to change it Dunc, you just told me you thought it was hilarious.
Dunc2403 said:
Also, "It is floating in mid air. Will you grab it?"
HaydenStudios said:
Would you please tell me what specifically is wrong with the "It is floating in mid air. Will you grab it?"
Dunc2403 said:
Oh, I just found the "It is floating in mid air. Will you grab it?" hilarious. I just realized however that midair is one word.
HaydenStudios said:
You might want to take a look at this:
MidAir.jpg
Dunc2403 said:
Odd, I learned it was spelled midair, not mid air. Mmmmmmmmaybe it's one of those different spellings between the U.S. and Canada?
*shrug
The only thing you told me to change was midair into one word which I eventually did. Google told me otherwise, but I later realized that at a different point in the AG translation, midair is said with one word, so I changed it to that to make it more consistent.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Huh. I seem to remember Dunc asking for a change as well. Good to see that "Great minds fail alike" is still in effect <_<

So, uh...could you change it, Hayden? It seems like it would be a simple little edit, and it might make it easier for anyone trying to trick their friends.

EDIT: Assuming you feel vivacious enough to try it sometime, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.