FS_SF [Version 0.2A]

Apr 8, 2016 at 11:14 PM
"Huzzah!"
Hello, FS_SF is a mod that i've been working on for a while it's my first mod.

Current version: 0.2A

Download

So yeah, please give feedback and all that, I already know that the story sucks so far, but I plan to improve that.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016 at 12:12 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Fourth wall breaking aside, I do have this question: is this mod supposed to be some sort of modding tutorial mod for beginners? Because I kinda see that as what you're going for, whether you are or not.

The only problem I really have with the mod is this:
p214331-0-8715z0m.png

The battle kinda needs to be nerfed down a bit. I really have no idea how many bullets are needed to defeat the jellyfish, because I lost all my ammo in the middle of the battle and the Jellyfish is still alive, so a decrease in the Jellyfish's health or an increase in ammo would probably suffice. Also, 5 damage is a bit too excessive for a boss at the beginning of a game, and with the forcefields also giving me damage, there would be times where I got hit by the Jellyfish once, and a few moments later, I jump over the Jellyfish only to die from the forcefields.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:03 AM
"Huzzah!"
Fourth wall breaking aside, I do have this question: is this mod supposed to be some sort of modding tutorial mod for beginners? Because I kinda see that as what you're going for, whether you are or not.

The only problem I really have with the mod is this:
p214331-0-8715z0m.png

The battle kinda needs to be nerfed down a bit. I really have no idea how many bullets are needed to defeat the jellyfish, because I lost all my ammo in the middle of the battle and the Jellyfish is still alive, so a decrease in the Jellyfish's health or an increase in ammo would probably suffice. Also, 5 damage is a bit too excessive for a boss at the beginning of a game, and with the forcefields also giving me damage, there would be times where I got hit by the Jellyfish once, and a few moments later, I jump over the Jellyfish only to die from the forcefields.

I'd like to know why you think that this mod is some sort of tutorial.

No, really, i'm actually curious.

As for the jelly fight... Yeah, I may need to nerf that one... It has 80 health and the small ones are 1 shot.So you should kill the small ones first. So at the most you'll have 5 bullets left. I didn't really find the boss hard itself, so I wanted the fight to be more about hitting your targets.

The boss doesn't move until you shoot it, just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016 at 1:15 AM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
p214333-0-ewkreo9.png

Quote's beard and those couple stray pixels bug me for some reason
p214333-1-dvwbhk9.png

silly quote that's not your bed
p214333-2-tfnpml3.png

and who are you again
p214333-3-e5oqaec.png

another? but wait who are you
p214333-4-9ayqdvm.png

sensiblechuckle.png
p214333-5-f1akrgw.png

oh it's gonna be just one of those days isn't it
p214333-6-wnlzwmx.png

you missed
p214333-7-zt2v1x1.png

based on the level design alone, this is already a 10
p214333-8-9uwybbl.png

well celeste is a piece of shit for making me have to conserve ammo (having to conserve ammo
on the only weapon you have =/= fun)
p214333-9-dtsn9yq.png

oh
p214333-10-reqdrvn.png

wait that was curly? then who the fuck is celeste?
p214333-11-u9eyte3.png

then could you put the ammo thing in this room thanks
p214333-12-sbah9yx.png

fool me once, i'm mad.
i have a feeling whatever's in that chest isn't worth the trouble anyway fug dis
p214333-13-iykceqp.png

no turning back
p214333-14-dvceci6.png

wakemeup.jpg
p214333-15-fvlybh5.png

CANTWAKEUP.jpg

p214333-16-s3staw1.png

fool me twice, how could you.
p214333-17-79vfm7q.png

fool me three times, you're officially that guy, ok? You know-you know the one. y'go to the bar and he's like "this suit is ah-officially is a giorgio armani act'ly my dad know'm" n'FUCK YOU. I AAAAAAAmmm not participating in such nonsense.

i didn't get past that part because i really didn't want to do the fans thing again sorry

in short, your mod sucks balls lol

just kidding, you should focus on:
1. not throwing around new characters all the time
2. making the worlds seem less empty and fun to explore
3. chill with the meta humor broseph. it was cool when undertale did it because every sentence wasn't meta humor.
4. maybe some other stuff idk ok BYE

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:31 AM
War criminal
I'd like to know why you think that this mod is some sort of tutorial.

No, really, i'm actually curious.
Really, it's from reading all this mod talk spoken by the characters, and...
the description about the HV trigger blocking you.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:32 AM
"Huzzah!"
p214333-0-ewkreo9.png

Quote's beard and those couple stray pixels bug me for some reason
p214333-1-dvwbhk9.png

silly quote that's not your bed
p214333-2-tfnpml3.png

and who are you again
p214333-3-e5oqaec.png

another? but wait who are you
p214333-4-9ayqdvm.png

sensiblechuckle.png
p214333-5-f1akrgw.png

oh it's gonna be just one of those days isn't it
p214333-6-wnlzwmx.png

you missed
p214333-7-zt2v1x1.png

based on the level design alone, this is already a 10
p214333-8-9uwybbl.png

well celeste is a piece of shit for making me have to conserve ammo (having to conserve ammo
on the only weapon you have =/= fun)
p214333-9-dtsn9yq.png

oh
p214333-10-reqdrvn.png

wait that was curly? then who the fuck is celeste?
p214333-11-u9eyte3.png

then could you put the ammo thing in this room thanks
p214333-12-sbah9yx.png

fool me once, i'm mad.
i have a feeling whatever's in that chest isn't worth the trouble anyway fug dis
p214333-13-iykceqp.png

no turning back
p214333-14-dvceci6.png

wakemeup.jpg
p214333-15-fvlybh5.png

CANTWAKEUP.jpg

p214333-16-s3staw1.png

fool me twice, how could you.
p214333-17-79vfm7q.png

fool me three times, you're officially that guy, ok? You know-you know the one. y'go to the bar and he's like "this suit is ah-officially is a giorgio armani act'ly my dad know'm" n'FUCK YOU. I AAAAAAAmmm not participating in such nonsense.

i didn't get past that part because i really didn't want to do the fans thing again sorry

in short, your mod sucks balls lol

just kidding, you should focus on:
1. not throwing around new characters all the time
2. making the worlds seem less empty and fun to explore
3. chill with the meta humor broseph. it was cool when undertale did it because every sentence wasn't meta humor.
4. maybe some other stuff idk ok BYE

Thank you so much for that detailed review. You would've actually met a new character (sorta) after that boss.

So yeah... The jelly boss is gonna see a nerf.

Feel free to nerf it yourself if you want, because there is still a little bit of mod left after that.

I can't work on the next release until next week, sorry.

So yeah, nerf the jelly to like 60 health, cause that's what i'll do once I get access to a computer again.

That trigger was just me making a modding joke. I'll make the next parts of the mod less 4th-wall breaking, I promise.

Ah shit, didn't notice that you can screw yourself on the grassy maze like that.

Also, that's Quotes hair...

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016 at 1:50 AM
Its dark in here
"Deaths: 4000"
well, this is probably the best mod that was someone's first mod, I've ever played. That being said its not exactly the best mod in the world. It is pretty funny as a parody mod about many things that make a lot of mods suck, though strangely enough with it adhering to Aar's general guidelines for mods (being windowed and not having any unnecessary files). some bits in the level design can be really cheap at times, the part in the waterway section with the vertical press can only be done if you're super careful which wouldn't be a huge problem if it wasn't for the fact that a huge puzzle requiring some damn good platforming skills comes right after it. the platforming puzzle may be optional, but its still a real pain to have to survive both tasks to get a lousy half container.

also in quote's sprite, the 4 black pixels under his cap should be blonde to go with his new hair.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:55 AM
"Huzzah!"
well, this is probably the best mod that was someone's first mod, I've ever played. That being said its not exactly the best mod in the world. It is pretty funny as a parody mod about many things that make a lot of mods suck, though strangely enough with it adhering to Aar's general guidelines for mods (being windowed and not having any unnecessary files). some bits in the level design can be really cheap at times, the part in the waterway section with the vertical press can only be done if you're super careful which wouldn't be a huge problem if it wasn't for the fact that a huge puzzle requiring some damn good platforming skills comes right after it. the platforming puzzle may be optional, but its still a real pain to have to survive both tasks to get a lousy half container.

also in quote's sprite, the 4 black pixels under his cap should be blonde to go with his new hair.

Noted the hair.

So wait, are you saying that my mod is good... Or bad?

I'm real sorry guys, I think that I made this mod a little too hard, it felt easy to me but maybe I'm just that good at Cave Story?

Anytime you see a treasure chest, it will ALWAYS be a life capsule piece unless the game tells you SPECIFICALLY otherwise. So if you don't want to go for it, then you don't have to.

Ok, has nobody actually gotten to Sarah's house yet?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016 at 2:52 AM
Its dark in here
So wait, are you saying that my mod is good... Or bad?
this is a bit difficult to answer. its good in the fact that it feels that effort was put into this. a lot more effort than what usually goes into one's "first mod". I don't think its bad. its certainly worth playing IMO.
I'm real sorry guys, I think that I made this mod a little too hard, it felt easy to me but maybe I'm just that good at Cave Story?
this is what many of us go through when modding, our own level design will not seem anywhere as hard to us than it will to others. thats the main reason people release demos before the final release
Ok, has nobody actually gotten to Sarah's house yet?
I did. wasn't the waterway after that or could I have gone there before as well?

Apr 9, 2016 at 4:13 AM
Alright, I buffed the marksman star
p214340-0-kqdsdjo.png

no comment.
p214340-1-y9rr4er.png

If this were nerfed to shit, had infinite ammo, and you got it at the beginning of the game, the marksman star thing would be a ok
p214340-2-byww6ov.png

somehow i was able to avoid dying from the fall and i'm in water for some reason.
p214340-3-iepbz1p.png

how was i supposed to know to shoot that
p214340-4-mmrfdqq.png

i'm not gonna lie, this is pretty cool.
p214340-5-gzvv2te.png

never mind this is not cool Kenzo you are a dead man

more things to work on:
1. <FAO
2. I wish you weren't allergic to save points + refill stations
That's pretty much all I have to say about what I didn't play without being redundant.

better than poop story/donald trump cake escapades

Apr 9, 2016 at 7:47 AM
Sarah is at the end of the grasstown area.... I think...?

Also yeah quote is an asshole to everyone. Must be the hair.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:34 AM
War criminal
Sarah is at the end of the grasstown area.... I think...?

Also yeah quote is an asshole to everyone. Must be the hair.
He's just a blonde boy doing what blonde boys do.

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:01 AM
Well said, blonde boy.

(If TDrinkin' changes his avatar this will make no sense)

Apr 9, 2016 at 10:16 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
qqqqq

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 2.02.43 AM.png
There's extra pixels hanging around the title sprite
Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 2.03.08 AM.png
I liked this opening scene you made
Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 2.07.06 AM.png
In the grass town area there is this part where you can jump up. The problem is the area above shoots you to the right even though the player is going to be holding left as they enter up there.
Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 2.07.21 AM.png
So maybe think about removing that little ledge and making the player go towards the right. EDIT: Left not right ._.

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 2.08.23 AM.png
I died to balrog and then none of the intractable objects in this room worked, so I couldn't save or leave.

Overall though I think that you have a good start to your mod. I wish you luck in the future.

Apr 9, 2016 at 1:59 PM
"Huzzah!"
Alright, so I'll change around the grassy crossway and water areas, maybe some edits in the windy ravine. I'm assuming that the first grassy area in the mod is alright with everyone?

Also, i'm thinking about Brace giving you a +3 life capsule when you first get to Kren? What do you guys think about that?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2016 at 4:09 PM
Its dark in here
Apr 9, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Apr 15, 2016 at 9:31 PM
"Huzzah!"
Alright, so the mod has been updated to version 0.1A. Most of the things I said I would change were done. Unfortunately you'll have to restart from the beginning, but it's not like there was that much to begin with.

New version in the op.