Fray in magical adventure...stuck in Valuah..

May 29, 2007 at 5:22 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
"No! Don't OPEN that DOOR!"
Im new here...and am now a XAK fan ^^
BUT
I am playing Fray(my first XAK series sidestory game I've played..)
and the village...Valuah....I have the leef-medicine..now, I've gone to the mines all the way where you get teleported back to the Valuah again. I have no idea where to go? My only places ARE the mines to go to...and I get teleported out. Am I missing something? Im sure someone must know T.T
And, whats the teleport item for? Later in the game?
Absolutely NO clue as to what to do here.

Please help thanks ^_^

If this is in wrong thread, sorry....thought this would be the best one.

May 29, 2007 at 11:18 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Wahoo! Another Xak fan. : ) Welcome to the forums.

After the Volcano level, Fray gets the Divine Wings artifact that will allow her to fly and pass through the barrier of the floating fortress of Ku Or. However, the one person who can start this process for her is Mill Gerald, her previous mentor at the academy. If I remember correctly you can locate him on the cliff next to the city of Valuah by heading due West from the city area. Once you find him you'll basically enter into a "shtmup" stage or shooting game stage and land on the terrace of Ku Or.

The teleport item basically allows the player a means of returning to previous areas in the game so that Fray can do the levels over again and gain more money to buy better equipment and the sort. However, for most of the Ku Or stages, you won't be able to teleport back to the village. Think of the Ku Or fortress as being kind of like Dr.Wily's skull castle if you are a Megaman fan, where it consists of four+ stages.

Feel free to ask any further questions you have about the Xak series. I've finished them all and would be glad to help.

-SkyeWelse

May 30, 2007 at 12:11 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
AHAH...thanks!!! much.
Im actually writing a walkthrough for Fray game..so its crucial that I must know all this..XD, and as fast as possible...Fray in magical adventure is an awesome game.
Geez, now Im having a problem with the game itself. I've completed the stage where you have the diving wings and fly in the sky to kill the monsters, so then after the last monster, it changes to next scene, turns black and doesnt change to any scene anymore. I would suppose it some issue?

EDIT; I need more help...where do I go after Mill teleports to talk with Isac? Is it the volcano? cause I dont know where the volcano is.
EDIT(again..);nevermind, went back to mines and since I have the seal key I can get past..woot

Im also playing XAK III: Tower Of Gazzel, but one question, I've gotten past where you put the stones and drawbridge opens up...and I've gone to the place where Latok says open from other side...theres two doors that he says open from other side. I've gone everwhere where I could go...just what next?

Too bad there are no walkthroughs for these wonderful games >.>

May 30, 2007 at 4:17 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
After some of the edits I gather you've made it past the areas you were previously stuck at? lol It's been awhile since I last played Fray for the MSX, but if you encounter any further issues with it I can always see if I have a save file in that particular area. Worse comes to worse I can always send you a save file in a particular area.

Xak: The Tower of Gazzel is more or less a Xak 2.5 since it leads into Xak III: The Eternal Recurrence. Microcabin kinda put it out as a teaser during the development of Xak III, however they ended up scrapping the project for releasing Xak III on the original MSX2 platform altogether and ended up releasing it many years later on more powerful systems/consoles.

To be quite honest, I can't recall the exact order of things in that game since Gazzel is basically one giant maze. However, while I was playing it originally I took down notes so that I could get a grasp on how to come up with the story analysis when it came time to write the overall story synopsis of the game. If you take a look at the Story section of Xak on XyZ you should be able to determine the order of objects you need to find and places you should travel to. If I recall you need two objects (sunstone tablet and moonstone tablet) to lower the drawbridge which leads into the heart of the tower, the maze of fear.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the series thus far and if you don't mind, I would definitely be interested in hosting/linking to the Fray walkthrough when your done with it.

-SkyeWelse

May 30, 2007 at 2:46 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
I see, that story helped alot thanks. Fray now works...just had to start over to the beginning of killed the gaurdian who has the wings. Probably my save state corrupted lol. Anyways, yea, I made a Fray website now, specially for the Fray walkthrough I'm making.
its right here(the website)...
http://www.geocities.com/reiszvanadis/

yea...the site pretty much sucks right now. I'll get it done after the walkthrough =.=;;

May 30, 2007 at 3:46 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Awesome! It'll be great to have another Xak series site around, especially one tailored toward Fray. XyZ kinda covers in a way that associates it as more of a spin-off of that Xak series rather than treating it as a game all in itself, so seeing one dedicated solely to Fray In Magical Adventure would work well. ^_^

If you ever need any help with it, please let me know. I can always help you with bios and stuff since I've pretty much researched it already through various Xak series publications and through the games themselves. Most of the Xak/Fray Wikipedia content was something me and another MSX fan put together awhile back so you might find some helpful information over there as well.

Sometimes the save state files can get corrupted if you try and load the state just after switching disk roms, so you might want to be extra careful to make sure that you are loading from the right disk rom. I've messed up Xak II many times because of diskrom switches. lol

Anyhow, if you can use them I've still got pretty much all the original screenshots I grabbed from both Fray games here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P2I4FO3I

Feel free to use what you like to help create content for the site. Note that the images of Fray MSX are from the original Fray MSX and not the Fray MSX Turbo-R version. That version is supposedly a bit different. I haven't had the time to check that one out yet.

You ought to check out the Japanese site Flame Bird as well. It has some great Fray fanart over there, but sadly the owner of the site hasn't touched the site in over 7 years and they've never responded to any of my emails. I believe the site to be quite dead unfortunately. : (

-SkyeWelse

May 30, 2007 at 10:30 PM
Lurking in the Shadows
OMG

thankyou much!! O_O
^-^

Oh yea, if I do finish my Fray website, would mind add link of it to your link page?

May 30, 2007 at 11:35 PM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
No problem. : ) While I'm thinking about it, if you want to use the translated Fray In Magical Adventure map that is on the Xak Atlas section to display somewhere on your site feel free to do so.

And yeah, I'll add a link to your site on the next XyZ update. Also when you are finished with the Fray Walkthrough I'd be happy to add a link to that as well on the Xak F.A.Q.s. section.

Let me know if you have any questions about the characters, bios, places or item names.

-SkyeWelse

May 31, 2007 at 12:34 AM
Lurking in the Shadows
Ah great, I'll definately use the map lol.

I can just email you when the walkthrough finished yea? or I can just post in here?
Im almost done with it anyways. Might take a some days though or so.

thanks ^^

May 31, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Visitor From the Past...
Forum Founder
"..."
Probably better to just go ahead and email it to me when your finished with the guide, but if you want to start a thread for it here, that's fine too. I still have a story anaylsis thread that I started awhile back for Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories over in the general forum. lol Good luck with it!

-SkyeWelse