Forum Elitism

Jul 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Randolf said:
Honestly, newcomers who don't even know what shifts and commas are for don't gain much respect in my eyes in the beginning.
I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. I think everyone deserves a chance. I'm not going to lose respect for someone just because they have poor grammar, because they might be really nice to get to know.

Kuro said:
It is very possible for newer members to become friends with older members just as it is very possible for older members to become friends with members from a closer generation.
Pretty much what I was thinking.

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:21 AM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
Anyone who joined post-2007 is a newbie to me.

ಠ‿ಠ

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:22 AM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
BhadRebelle said:
I understand what you're saying, but I disagree. I think everyone deserves a chance. I'm not going to lose respect for someone just because they have poor grammar, because they might be really nice to get to know.
Hey, hey. It's still easier to befriend someone who has good grammar, don't you think? Everyone deserves a chance, I agree. But would you prefer a person who wants to be your friend "because they want to be your friend with you" or "coz they wanna be frends with ya"?

WoodenRat: Haha, nice one.

Jul 24, 2014 at 6:24 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
If they were to be that upfront about it and also have a pleasant personality, I'd put up with a bit of bad grammar. Lots of people don't use grammar, you get used to it. ^_^

Jul 24, 2014 at 7:30 AM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I don't mind spelling and grammar mistakes (well I do in a sense for really basic stuff, but I don't hold it against anyone), but when a post is nigh unreadable (because every single sentence is strung together without punctuation into a giant text blob) it discourages me from reading the post (so I wouldn't get to know them anyway) and gives the impression that they aren't really all that interested in making an effort. So can you imagine how they would apply that mentality to the forums in general.

I mean it's like fronting up for an interview dressed like a hobo. You can only create a bad impression.

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:45 PM
Serenity now, insanity later.
"..."
Me dont no grammer I lik cave story and ain't needin no edumacation

Because yes, I don't think posing like that gives a good impression.

Jul 26, 2014 at 3:01 PM
Hyperbolic
I do not think the problem is that big. It is true that I do not know what happens in IRC and therefore cannot judge personalities from that standpoint plus I had way too many problems to even follow my own things right, much less what happens in these forums. However I haven't felt mobbing from any of the mods/admins recently, the worst feeling I had was loneliness, like being on everyone's ignore list. However with my sad/negative general attitude I expected this as a natural reaction caused by myself. These forums are a decent place to be if you follow some basic rules.

My opinion about some admins/mods in short:
DoubleThink - I think one of the best forum members, open to everyone and being just
N0xid - he was very polite, diligent and helpful especially when he was new here. It is true that he made the "waste of time" thread (which is forgivable) and seemed a bit indifferent recently I did not have bigger problems with him, and generally thinking positive about him.
Captain Fabulous- while at the beginning I did not like everything he did and his sarcasm, he did not attack me, behaved in a just reasonable manner towards others, showing positive attitude. He is often open, just, with a good sense of humor. I respect him more than ever.
GIRakaCheezer- seemed always like someone who is being reasonable, basing most of his decisions on facts, and therefore fit for his role
andwhy's- similar to ^

Jul 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
trickybilly said:
Captain Fabulous- while at the beginning I did not like everything he did and his sarcasm, he did not attack me, behaved in a just reasonable manner towards others, showing positive attitude. He is often open, just, with a good sense of humor. I respect him more than ever.
Captain Fabulous isn't a mod or admin.

Jul 26, 2014 at 6:00 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
He should be though

Jul 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM
Been here way too long...
the masses demand it

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:25 AM
Pirate Member
we need a extra mods?

like 4 people visit these forums nowadays. MORE moderation is needed?

unless modship is just another status symbol

Jul 27, 2014 at 2:09 AM
Professional Whatever
The joke is none of this actually matters

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:27 PM
"..."
I think there are enough moderators. There should be no more, no less. Actually, less would be fine, but they would have to be more active. Having more would make it as if there are as many mods as there are regular members (seriously, no one visits these forums anymore.) And how did this topic get from forum elitism to if fab should be a moderator?

Jul 27, 2014 at 1:42 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Because trickybilly doesn't know what's going on. We're not actually discussing if there should be more admins. So read literally like 4 posts before yours before you get your panties in a twist and contribute to this already prolonged thread

Jul 27, 2014 at 11:14 PM
"..."
The whole topic was used up like...5 pages ago.

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Offensive User
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
This thread is a steaming pile of shit and only goku can salvage this thread

GOKU BULLSHIT REMOVED

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Jul 28, 2014 at 12:47 AM
Pirate Member
Why is this thread not locked?

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:49 AM
War criminal
[/thread]

Now for someone to actually do that

Jul 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Because it's not worth locking.

It really isn't so bad a thread. Posting Goku pics does nothing. Complaining about how useless any attempts to discuss this is equally does nothing. If you think all of the points have been made, why not just let it be rather than requesting a lock for no reason?