Flipped Races

Oct 5, 2011 at 4:39 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Send my sprites to Pixel? Goodness, the prospect actually makes me a little nervous. You think he'd respond? And while I'll definitely be following some general elements on enraged Doc, I'll have to make some fundamental changes to size dimensions (and maybe a bit on general design) if they're going fit the hitboxes of the Ravil/Igor sprites.

Flipped genders would be very kinky (would King be renamed Queen?), but for the sake of this mod I'll stick with race-flipping only.

Oct 5, 2011 at 5:55 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Lace said:
Can you do flipped genders as well?
Or would that be TOO radical.

Flipped genders and flipped races in the same mod! A perfect mix.

Cripplechair said:
Send my sprites to Pixel? Goodness, the prospect actually makes me a little nervous. You think he'd respond?

It'd be like creating your own little universe in the lab and showing it to God to see if He approves. This follows from the 'Pixel is divine' school of thought.
I'm sure Pixel will answer your prayers... uh I mean--respond to the message you send him.

Oct 5, 2011 at 6:22 AM
"..."
That pretty much sums it up to the dot. Yknow, I almost referred to Him as a deity/equivalent almighty figure, but then thought to myself, "Do I REALLY want to be a giddy fanboy?" Damn you Cave Story, how dare you give me 'sentiments' and whatnot.

Edit: GODDAMMIT I COULDN'T HELP IT
p134996-0-goddammit.png

IT'S DONE
I'M DONE WITH THESE TWO ASSHOLES
I'M CALLING IT GOOD
FOR REAL THIS TIME

Oct 8, 2011 at 12:00 PM
"..."
The edit on the last post? I lied. I made the two 1px thicker. I also made MimigaDoc a bit larger too. I included them in this reference sheet of my progress so far:

p134997-0-prettyclose.png

I'm currently working on Enraged MimigaDoc. At first I just tried making a recolor with some minor tweaks, but I'm dissatisfied with it because I'm a man of QUALITY. And this sprite does NOT MEET my STANDARDS of QUALITY. Or something. I'm trying to splice together Igor's sprite with EnragedDoc, but so far it's turning out pretty iffy. More on this later.

Edit: Added reference sheet on first post. I'll keep it updated with all completed works from here on out.

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:01 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Looking good. I think I know what looks wrong with King. he needs longer hair. Looking at Sue, the hair is alot like the ears. Maybe that would work with the others as well.

Oct 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM
Professional Whatever
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Aah, King is bald!
Might wanna use an unusual colour for your sprite sheet backgrounds, like pink.

Oct 8, 2011 at 8:41 PM
Been here way too long...
You put the mimiga versions of kazu and momo in the wrong spots :muscledoc:

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:54 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Dang, Chaco is a hoochie-mama.

I'm liking these a lot :muscledoc:

Oct 8, 2011 at 11:29 PM
"..."
Hmmm, I'll dink around with King's hairstyle then, see how it works.

I've tried using various alternate background colors, but there's always at least one sprite that ends up blending in with the background a little, or otherwise it's eye-bleedingly ugly.

Interchanged Kazuma and Momorin? Nonsense. I just... um... flipped their genders like you were hoping for. Yeah.

Well hey, Chaco is officially described as the colored mimiga who likes to make herself pretty with makeup. Naturally, my rendition had to be done. For great justice.

Oct 9, 2011 at 1:46 AM
Professional Whatever
Oh hey, about momo, it kinda looks like her eyes are a little small. I know she only has 1px eyes in human form, but mimigas' heads are larger, and she might look better with 2px or maybe 3px eyes length-wise.
Just a thought, not sure how it would look.

Oct 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
Curly looks bald too :awesomeface:

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM
"..."
Momorin's eyes are a teeny bit small, but they have to stay that way. Remember that her only animation involves her stepping back with her eyes growing larger (:(). I admit her default sprite does look better with larger eyes, but if roll with it I'm obligated to make the :momo: eyes even -larger,- which ends up looking silly.

Curly is bald because mimigas don't have hair, only fur. I could add a yellow ribbon to compensate for the lack of yellow hair on her head, like how Misery got the diadem headpiece. Actually, I dunno why I didn't do that sooner. It's minimal, but it's something.

p135005-0-kaaaaaanpachi.png

ohhey theres someone new in that image
i wonder who that is

Oct 10, 2011 at 12:54 PM
Professional Whatever
What if you made them fatter for the animation? That might work.
Also, in the pic...new person...Chinfish!

Oct 10, 2011 at 6:56 PM
I don't anymore.
Curly kinda looks like a kid now. Remember what I said about the ears? try changing them to go along with curly's original blond hair.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that Quote and Curly are missing their antennas. Also that since Mimigas eat and grow flowers, what do humans grow?

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:45 PM
"I, Ikachan. The Life and Documentary of the OrigiNAL SQuiD."
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
Curly kinda looks like a kid now. Remember what I said about the ears? try changing them to go along with curly's original blond hair.

EDIT: Okay, I just realized that Quote and Curly are missing their antennas. Also that since Mimigas eat and grow flowers, what do humans grow?

Weed

Erm they normally grow lettuce and romaine but weed causes enraging.

Oct 10, 2011 at 9:56 PM
Professional Whatever
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
EDIT: Okay, I just realized that Quote and Curly are missing their antennas.

They're not robots in Flipped Races, so they don't have communicators, or whatever those things are.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:15 PM
I don't anymore.
LunarSoul said:
They're not robots in Flipped Races, so they don't have communicators, or whatever those things are.

They're not mimigas, they're mimiga robots.

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:17 PM
Professional Whatever
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
They're not mimigas, they're mimiga robots.

O RLY? I don't believe you.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:32 AM
"..."
Removing the ribbon from Curly's ear. I'd prefer to keep her fur color consistent and, if possible, substitute the hair with an appropriate hair-colored accessory. I'll add antennae or some equivalent if it looks good.

I've considered changing flowers to something else, though never thought very hard on what the substitution would be. Maybe potatoes. That would be funny.

They are robots modeled after mimigas.

I am running off two hours of sleep and have had a long day. I'll be more coherent another time.

Oct 11, 2011 at 5:38 AM
I don't anymore.
Cripplechair said:
Removing the ribbon from Curly's ear. I'd prefer to keep her fur color consistent and, if possible, substitute the hair with an appropriate hair-colored accessory. I'll add antennae or some equivalent if it looks good.

I've considered changing flowers to something else, though never thought very hard on what the substitution would be. Maybe potatoes. That would be funny.

They are robots modeled after mimigas.

I am running off two hours of sleep and have had a long day. I'll be more coherent another time.

sleep s important. I'd take my advice about the ears though. Since no one's acknowledged that I said it.