Flipped Races

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:33 AM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
They're all great, though I can't recognize the bald guy. Um, Curly's head is a bit more rectangle like, and you might want to add something that substitutes for the pieces of hair that's normally in front of her face.

Also, Igor will be a tough one to sprite. Also, I can't wait to see mimiga doctor. There's also mimiga Misery, which should be fun.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:00 AM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Cripplechair said:
p134912-0-preview2.png

p134912-1-noxwhirl.png

Amazing work. Didn't recognize the Hermit at first but now that I look at it, it seems rather obvious.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:30 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
You know what I love? Praise. Meaning I love you guys. Have my manbabies.

Also, on Curly: I was thinking she needed some sort of sub for her hair, though I actually hadn't considered the 'covering the face' bit. I was thinking more like "I NEED TO SEE YELLOW." As for the headshape, I'll try tweaking it and comparing, but she IS a mimiga now. Different race means different body shapes, and it might look better as-is. I dunno, I'll check it out.

Enraged Doc and Igor will be tough, yeah, since there's a lot of scratchwork to draw there. I also need to keep the hitboxes consistent with the original sprites, which means I'll need a workaround for the Doc's first fight with the crystal. The Doc's human form is a little over twice the height of the average mimiga (14px vs 32px), so he'll have to gain some height instead of just getting a red tint. I could give him a hybrid form (similar to how Sue got a hybrid form during the zombie core fight) to make him taller, but I dunno how I'd justify the crossbreed, unless he needed to inject himself with mimiga human blood first or something for the crystal to work. And that can't be healthy.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:40 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Someone said Igor
p134917-0-incredibleigor.png

Keep up the good work Cripplechair

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:47 AM
"..."
Noxid said:
Someone said Igor
p134917-0-incredibleigor.png

Keep up the good work Cripplechair

Oh man I lol'd hard. Bravo.

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:42 AM
"..."
ROUND TWO FOLKS (cheat sheet):

p134919-0-2previewa.png

It's hard finding a good background color that doesn't bleed with any of the sprite colors. That and laziness.

Aug 21, 2011 at 1:56 AM
I don't anymore.
All is well here, except for one thing, King, his eyes are white when they should be pink. Also Noxid made me laugh really hard.

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:03 AM
"..."
HyMyNameIsMatt said:
All is well here, except for one thing, King, his eyes are white when they should be pink. Also Noxid made me laugh really hard.

I debated with myself for awhile what to make his eyes, and neither white nor colored seems to fit (at least not with the tint from the original sprite). When colored while human, he looks a lot more evil than MimigaKing, like he was an evil sorcerer, which really bothered me. Some rabbits do have red eyes, so I was wondering if I could attribute the color to the race. On the other hand, it does feel less like King with white eyes.... so I dunno. Is it just me?

Aug 21, 2011 at 4:54 AM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
I never go to this place, dang. This is a nice idea you have going.

Anywhoo, I think you should keep the red eyes. It's sort of his signature, in a way.

And I wanna make a little suggestion on Toroko's design. Giving her those kind of eyes sorta takes away from her character. It makes her look sorta mellow, kinda like Misery. I would give her the original eyes she has. And I'm not sure blue would be the best color for her hair either, for that matter. But go with what you think is right

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:16 AM
I don't anymore.
Cripplechair said:
I debated with myself for awhile what to make his eyes, and neither white nor colored seems to fit (at least not with the tint from the original sprite). When colored while human, he looks a lot more evil than MimigaKing, like he was an evil sorcerer, which really bothered me. Some rabbits do have red eyes, so I was wondering if I could attribute the color to the race. On the other hand, it does feel less like King with white eyes.... so I dunno. Is it just me?

Hm... Try making the head a bit wider as he was a mimiga and their heads are wide.

Aug 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM
"..."
WD used praise! Cripple's ego increased! Cripple's motivation increased!

Here're my revised versions of King and Toroko. I actually wasn't 100% satisfied with Toroko the first time, but was gonna roll with it if no one said anything. And I've decided on the tinted eyes.

p134924-0-kingtoro.png

Nope, still can't find a good all-encompassing background color.

Aug 21, 2011 at 9:49 AM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
These are awesome :D

Aug 22, 2011 at 10:29 AM
"..."
Hey YOU. That's right, YOU! You're gonna help me settle a DEBATE!

Here's the story: I challenged a bud of mine to make a mimiga take on Misery. Not that I wanted to use his sprite, I just wanted to see if he could. Eventually this spiraled into a competition to see who could make the better Misery. Now it's up for YOU to decide the winner!

p134926-0-miseryposse2.png

Which is your favorite of the two? The one on the left, or the one on the right? I won't be saying who made which.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:22 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Like the left one better. Nobody in Cave Story stands front on! :chin:

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:23 PM
I don't anymore.
Cripplechair said:
Hey YOU. That's right, YOU! You're gonna help me settle a DEBATE!

Here's the story: I challenged a bud of mine to make a mimiga take on Misery. Not that I wanted to use his sprite, I just wanted to see if he could. Eventually this spiraled into a competition to see who could make the better Misery. Now it's up for YOU to decide the winner!

p134926-0-miseryposse2.png

Which is your favorite of the two? The one on the left, or the one on the right? I won't be saying who made which.

Left. Nuff said.

Aug 22, 2011 at 2:25 PM
CUSTOMIZED!
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Yes I like the one on the left more :chin:

Aug 22, 2011 at 3:51 PM
Pirate Member
"Heavy swords for sale. Suitable for most RPG Protagonists. Apply now!"
I like the left one as well. Whomever made the right one should give up his eyes.

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:05 PM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I'm sorry, but is the one on the left wearing a pair of blue panties on her head, or what is that?

I vote for the one on the right, since I find the head less confusing visually.

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:48 PM
Not anymore
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I think it's a crown thingamabob.

Left.