Fjord's Adventure (A Mod)

Mar 31, 2006 at 10:12 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Howdy everyone, I've been working really hard on this Mod, (The Survival one was a kinda training one) yet I'm only up to the Grasstown part (due to lack of time)

Now, without further ado,

http://www.savefile.com/files/1688996

Fjord's Adventure.

Apr 1, 2006 at 8:39 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
Very funny! I really enjoyed it, here are my only suggestions.

Need to work on using <NOD and <CLR when adding text. Make sure to use <CLR when you change portraits with <FAC, that way it dosn't look the new person is saying what the person before just said. The chat with Cthulhu in his abode might need to be changed if you are changing story behind the main character.

I suggest, you make it so you can save whereever you want. So that when you test diolog in game easier. Really thats the only problem I have seen. In armsitems, change event #7002 to read <SVP<END. This will let you save wherever you want. Making it easy to look over text events, and make sure everything is just right.

Is there any reason to break into santa's house? I think you could break in from the door intead of the skull also. Once you break in tho, you should be able to go back and forth w/o having to break in and get the "just got something" music to play every time.

Apr 1, 2006 at 12:04 PM
Be sure to delete the profile file, It's a Debug save which reveals a "secret."

To be honest, It got started slower for me, there's an obvious joke in the Shack, but I think from then on the humor gets better.

Apr 9, 2006 at 10:05 PM
Hoxtilicious
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
no, no the humor in the Shack was really nice!
But use: <NOD and <CLR otherwise, it looks really wreid...

Apr 10, 2006 at 6:53 PM
I'm glad everyone likes the mod, I'm gonna host the updated version when I complete it...

Apr 11, 2006 at 12:31 AM
MAJOR PROBLEM!

I've been testing out the Labyrinth, and, the Boss there doesn't show up, I wonder if this is the same for the Balfrog one, can anyone help me?

Also, what Sprite No. is the mysterious guy? The one with the cigarette in his mouth?

Apr 11, 2006 at 3:29 AM
Been here way too long...
"..."
If you added any maps yea, thats the same glitch. You gatta bypass it the same way. It'll be worse with monster X because when you load all the roaches will respawn.

I was wondering about those sprites too. From the end of game, the mimic, and robot with hat. I'd like to impliment them in my game somehow.

Apr 11, 2006 at 4:14 PM
SeriousFace said:
If you added any maps yea, thats the same glitch. You gatta bypass it the same way. It'll be worse with monster X because when you load all the roaches will respawn.

I was wondering about those sprites too. From the end of game, the mimic, and robot with hat. I'd like to impliment them in my game somehow.

Erm, Bypass? How do I do that?