Fecal Matter Story, it's returning...

Sep 18, 2016 at 9:39 PM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
CANCELLED, due to so much hate I stopped developing the mod.
Yes, I am making a better and longer version of "Poop Story". I would not like the name to be Poop Story, because it just sounds so cringe worthy. Okay but about the game so far... It has over 4 endings planned, has custom tilesets, sprites and backrounds, has less bugs and has a actual story.

Btw this is probably my first mod, so lower your expectations
There are no downloads yet, but it is halfway done!
Plz no hate comments it makes people sad :pignon2:

Here are some images:
Screenshot (65).png Screenshot (61).png Screenshot (40).png Screenshot (62).png

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2016 at 9:59 PM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
bruh moment

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2016 at 10:05 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Uh, might wanna fix some (all) of that. The NPCs look glitchy as hell, and the maps look really unclean. Honestly, this doesn't look good at all. This seems like your first mod (judging by quality and that you only have 16 posts here), so I don't think you should make it so, uhh, weird. Also, 4 endings is a lot for a first mod. Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't make this mod (yes I am), I'm just saying that you will always be remembered for this mod, and even if you make a remotely good mod, you'll still be remember as the guy who made "shit story".
This looks like a pretty good critique! Better see it as a hate comment!
p219425-0-90w5hn.png

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:24 PM
Uh, might wanna fix some (all) of that. The NPCs look glitchy as hell, and the maps look really unclean. Honestly, this doesn't look good at all. This seems like your first mod (judging by quality and that you only have 16 posts here), so I don't think you should make it so, uhh, weird. Also, 4 endings is a lot for a first mod. Look, I'm not saying you shouldn't make this mod (yes I am), I'm just saying that you will always be remembered for this mod, and even if you make a remotely good mod, you'll still be remember as the guy who made "shit story".
Its supposed to look like that, in the story something goes wrong in the island and messes up all the maps.

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Professional Whatever
...is the new title somehow not cringeworthy?

Sep 18, 2016 at 10:49 PM
Sep 18, 2016 at 11:54 PM
leader of the meme team feat. tom, snaf and polad
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Sep 19, 2016 at 1:01 AM
Forever 12
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
screw rave story 3

this is the mod we deserve.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:22 AM
Soup Man
Its supposed to look like that, in the story something goes wrong in the island and messes up all the maps.
Something messing up the maps can be done right, for example, the Egg Corridor after the explosion. But, this is literally putting random tiles in random places for no reason. It looks horrible to be honest, and I know you could probably do better. Also, why name it "fecal matter story"? That's the worst name I've ever heard. And the NPCs, no matter WHAT kind of thing messed them up, should NEVER look like that.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:26 AM
Something messing up the maps can be done right, for example, the Egg Corridor after the explosion. But, this is literally putting random tiles in random places for no reason. It looks horrible to be honest, and I know you could probably do better. Also, why name it "fecal matter story"? That's the worst name I've ever heard. And the NPCs, no matter WHAT kind of thing messed them up, should NEVER look like that.
THATS THE POINT! Its supposed to look bad.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Why? Why would you ever make a mod that's supposed to look bad!? That's the worst idea I've ever heard. At least I TRIED in my joke mods. Look, no one on these forums will think a crappy (no pun intended) mod is funny. What'll happen is everyone will dislike you and never play any of your mods.
Hey, if you dont like it then dont be on this thread! Plus the mod isn't even done I might change all this.

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:37 AM
Sep 19, 2016 at 1:39 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Why? Why would you ever make a mod that's supposed to look bad!? That's the worst idea I've ever heard. At least I TRIED in my joke mods. Look, no one on these forums will think a crappy (no pun intended) mod is funny. What'll happen is everyone will dislike you and never play any of your mods.
says the guy making "Bad mod" ????

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:40 AM
Professional Whatever
p219442-0-lfptr1e.png

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:19 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
I'm trying to help you not look like a complete idiot.
That was quite the rude jab.

It has over 4 endings planned, has custom tilesets, sprites and backrounds

Er, random question, but where are those custom tilesets/sprites/backgrounds? The screenshots you took contain none of those, just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 19, 2016 at 2:42 AM
Soup Man
Er, random question, but where are those custom tilesets/sprites/backgrounds? The screenshots you took contain none of those, just saying.
This is why you finish a demo for a mod BEFORE posting a thread about it.

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:49 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
http://www.cavestory.org/forums/threads/modding-section-rules-updated.731/
"1) In order to make a thread for your mod, it must contain either a link to a demo or at least two screenshots showing what has been changed."
I'd close my case here but I got one more thing to say:
Stop jabbing, it's making you an idiot, you clearly have no idea what it means to actually critique something. Heck, I don't, but if you think people are going to remember Epic as "That guy who made poop-story" Think of how others will look at you now as: "That asshole who has little to no criticizing merit."

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:58 AM
lol
"Why? Why would you ever make a mod that's supposed to look bad!? That's the worst idea I've ever heard....."
"That's the worst idea I'VE ever heard"
You're putting personal opinion, that's not critiquing.

Sep 19, 2016 at 3:03 AM
lol
Yes what I am doing is consider jabbing, but I'm doing it because you're basically shooting Epic's mod into the dirt, give it a chance to fly in the skies a little.