favorite song Of The Ost

Apr 13, 2019 at 5:53 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I Wanted To Get An Idea of People's Favorite Parts Of The Soundtrack {Mine Is The sand zones Theme}

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:07 AM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Imo, the best song on the soundtrack is Requiem. It's melodic structure is out standing, and the way the bass bounces of the melody in the recession takes the cake. Heck, I like this song so much I made a remix of it!

The second best is probably Moon Song. It has great progression, and very complimentary melodies through out it. It gives me this message of longing for better days and give me hope for the future. Also the most nostalgic songs in the game for me, so I may be bias. XP

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:30 AM
"Huzzah!"
My favorite song in the ost is probably the main theme or last battle.
I decide between the two.

Apr 14, 2019 at 10:50 AM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Access was a pretty good loop but I prefer Jenka 1 over it, it's the only theme that didn't get annoying after a while.

Apr 14, 2019 at 11:06 AM
"Huzzah!"
My favourite song in the entire game must be 'Moonsong', but I also really like 'Pier Walk' and 'Halloween 2'; such a shame these last two were not used in the actual game.

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:21 PM
Administrator
Forum Administrator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Hero's End. It is a beautiful song of loss and hope. Sadly most people don't bother listening to the whole thing.

Apr 14, 2019 at 3:25 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Break Down has always stuck with me over the years. I guess it’s just so hauntingly simple.
EDIT: Damn it, I forgot to not post and now I have 70 posts.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:35 PM
War criminal
I really enjoy Moonsong and The Way Back Home, both really give me these good vibes that I can't really describe, and they sound good over most of the soundtrack versions, too!

Apr 14, 2019 at 8:06 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Probably Running Hell, Plantation and Moonsong. They stand out to me musically as the best composed, as well as being just generally fun to listen to.

Apr 15, 2019 at 7:58 PM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Moonsong, Wind Fortress, and Running Hell (the Wii remix in particular, don't judge me) are among some of my favourites, but White holds a special place in my heart.

Apr 15, 2019 at 8:20 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
sigh

I'm a sucker for catchy shit but overly dramatic songs aren't my deal, so that leaves moonsong and gestation out of the question. Don't get me wrong, they're great songs, but, They're not my most preferred. I'd say last cave and labyrinth fight are my favorite songs in the soundtrack, they utilize a rather low amount of tracks (as opposed to the current meta of "more tracks is better") and still sound great, they could work on the famicom disc system thanks to the low amount of tracks each. Hell, I've made a song that is essentially a jazzier version of Labyrinth Fight with a different melody and instrument set, and it's one of my best to date, as it's a format that is proven to work. Putting a catchy song in a difficult section will make it much more bearable, and Pixel knew with his song choices for the Labyrinth and Last Cave. Labyrinth Fight's wiiware cover is one of the few songs in that soundtrack that I actually don't like- it's too watered down and it sounds like the flavor of a flat diet pepsi that's super watered down, it's just boring, empty. Last Cave is done well, but the choice of drums is bad and the progression doesn't keep the same intensity of the original. The other soundtracks are disqualified because Nicalis decided every soundtrack since should just be a fucking instrumentswap.

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM
2dbro
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
zombie is good

Apr 15, 2019 at 10:07 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'd have to say either Moonsong or White

Apr 16, 2019 at 6:39 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
My 3 favorites are Mischievous Robot, Moonsong and Mimiga Town.

Apr 25, 2019 at 5:29 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Wow. None of you guys said Final Battle or Oppression.
Those are like my 2 favorite tracks, especially Final Battle for just sounding awesome throughout nearly ALL soundtrack versions.
The way back home is also a good contender, but it's a bit upbeat for an ending tune.
Cave Story/Plantation also sounds nice too. Who wouldn't want to listen to an upbeat tune the moment you start the game?
....besides the screeching Org instruments.
also i don't know about you guys, but imo moonsong's boring AF :/
Sure it's calm, but I honestly only find the DM Dokuro version to be any interesting. And that's because of the guitar.
Also, Jenka 1. Fuck yes.
EDIT: Oh so extra life also said Final Battle.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:57 PM
War criminal
Wow. None of you guys said Final Battle or Oppression
Slow down there, buckaroo. This is a shame-free thread. Let's just respect each other's preferences here, it's not for debating.

Apr 25, 2019 at 10:55 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
My picks would be:
  • Remastered soundtrack: Quiet and Hero's End (I have to agree with @andwhyisit, Hero's End is underrated), clearly. Maybe the Mimiga Village theme too.
  • Original soundtrack: Balcony, Last Battle, and Jenka 2.
  • Wiiware soundtrack: Geothermal, Yamashita.
My overall favorites are probably Quiet and Jenka 2.

Apr 25, 2019 at 11:35 PM
....besides the screeching Org instruments.
I beg to differ. I think that org is a wonderful sound system and makes some of the best gosh darn chiptune out there!

Apr 26, 2019 at 6:48 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Slow down there, buckaroo. This is a shame-free thread. Let's just respect each other's preferences here, it's not for debating.
Here we only shame people who don't like any song

Apr 26, 2019 at 8:58 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Scorching Back yet. Quite the impactful song, considering the context it is played in.
Living Waterway and Plant are great too, definitely the types of melody you can listen to in a loop for a long time and not get bored.