• Sonic Mania

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 15 50.0%

• Total voters
Jan 21, 2018 at 9:56 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Thread for what you GOTY of 2017 was. Mine was BOTW. Recommend to all wii u and switch owners.

Jan 21, 2018 at 10:37 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
All these amazing games that I've never played before. qwq I think the only game I really played that is from that year is Doki Doki Literature Club, which I really do enjoy, even if it fucked me up after my first playthrough.

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:10 PM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
yeah I haven't played a single game on this list either but my vote goes for Hollow Knight for being excellent in all degrees

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:24 PM
Stoned Member
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Super Mario Bros. 2 wins again.

Though in all honesty, Mario odyssey takes the cake for me...
My first video game ever was Mario 64, and while odyssey is shorter for the main story, it makes up for it in content, references, and again, content.

BotW was good, but the bosses were a little too difficult for me.

Also there's Cave Story again, the multiplayer is neat but that's it

Jan 21, 2018 at 11:39 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Breath of the Wild is the best one of the year for me. I still haven't beaten it, yet I've been playing it pretty frequently.

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
The only game on this list that I played is BotW but I think Tales of Berseria was more enjoyable to me because I defenitely felt more into it, while with BotW, while being fun and explorable, I think it was more curiousity than urgency that kept me going.

Jan 22, 2018 at 6:34 AM
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I'm just gonna pop in and say Night in the Woods was my favourite game to come out of 2017.
If I had to pick from the list I'd probably go with BOTW.

Jan 22, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Favorite title that came out in 2017? I might have to second Night in the Woods. At the time it came out I really enjoyed it. It set a prime example of what indie games could accomplish. Maybe it doesn't have the action (besides a certain mini-game...) but does a great job with what it does do. Haven't touched it since however.
Runner ups for me...
In other categories, Serious Sam's Bogus Detour, a multiplayer game played with a best friend was probably the best value purchase of the year. Fun that it came out of nowhere and was quite fun to play together. (Creators of Hammerwatch.)

And then there's... Rain World... Which I didn't play until 2018. (Released in 2017.) It's one of the most painful new games I've played, yet the most rewarding as you figure out how to survive. Not at all what I expected from reading summaries. Seems like the most interesting AI I've seen in such a game. If you want an interesting platforming survival experience... look no further. If it doesn't drive you nuts first.

...I might as well mention wuppo, mad father, and one shot's solstice update... games that were mostly released other than 2017, but I played them in 2017. Each of those deserve some mention.

Oh. I almost forgot about Doki Doki Literature Club. I think it got erased from my mind... That was a good time imo, but ultimately I don't choose M̦on͓̮̤͔̕ͅi̗̱k̹̟a͚̤̥̖̙͎
Oh, and the only console game I played from that list was Persona 5. Quite nice, a bit grindy though. Can't really judge it since I didn't get to play too far. No console...

@Noxid - Hollow Knight huh? I kept passing that one by... I must remember to investigate!

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:53 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
Wait, NITW came out this year? It feels like it's been so long
So many good games...

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:57 PM
It Really Do Be Like That Sometimes
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
Thought that my list had most of the games that people would choose for their favorite. Guess not lol

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:40 PM
War criminal
Thought that my list had most of the games that people would choose for their favorite. Guess not lol
It all factors down to not all of us being able to afford a Switch, PC power, and what games interested us the most on either platform.

Jan 22, 2018 at 5:55 PM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Hollow Knight is the best game ever made.

Jan 22, 2018 at 7:21 PM
I don't anymore.
"I'm sorry Mario, but your princess is in another castle."
Hollow Knight is better than Super Metroid.

Jan 23, 2018 at 10:19 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I didn't really play that many new releases from 2017, but of those I played (on Steam, at least), my favourite is probably Finding Paradise. I was bawling like a baby at the crack of dawn during the climax. The wait was definitely worth it. What a great followup to To the Moon.

Also, I genuinely enjoyed Flat Pack by Nitrome hehehehe

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:47 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
I didn't really play that many new releases from 2017, but of those I played (on Steam, at least), my favourite is probably Finding Paradise. I was bawling like a baby at the crack of dawn during the climax. The wait was definitely worth it. What a great followup to To the Moon.

Also, I genuinely enjoyed Flat Pack by Nitrome hehehehe
I didn't get to that part of Finding Paradise yet, but its certainly won its place in my heart, right next to To the Moon

Jan 23, 2018 at 8:49 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
The games included in GNU Emacs 27 for sure :^).

May 5, 2019 at 12:20 PM
"Huzzah!"
Breath of the Wild is the only game I played from 2017 (except Doki Doki) and it was great.

May 7, 2019 at 4:45 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
2 words
Sonic Mania
I could care less about the rehashed stages, the physics are 1:1, graphics have pixel art beyond human comprehension, a great story that'll keep you on the edge of your chair, the best special stages the series has ever seen, and fucking Knuckles&Knuckles mode.
Also, drop dash. Best move sonic got since the Spindash.

Apr 28, 2021 at 6:06 PM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
1 word and 1 number..
Injustice 2
Awesome fighting game for DC fans. At that time, I was very happy to play it. Then and now it brings back fond memories of this game in me.