Favorite Cereals

May 22, 2014 at 4:00 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
You wake up in the morning, and you're hungry. Toast won't cut it, and you're all out of eggs. Your only option is cereal.

Basically what I'm getting at here is I want to discuss breakfast cereals. Delicious breakfast cereals! Do you eat your cereal with or without milk? What's the weirdest liquid you've ever used to fill up your bowl of cereal? Any odd / interesting events concerning cereal? And, most importantly, what's your favorite cereal?

I always prefer milk in mine, and I don't recall ever using anything besides milk. I think my mom told me that she used soda as milk substitute in her cereal before, yuck. It's very difficult for my to choose a favorite cereal, as I am very fickle and always flip-flopping. For now, it's Captain Crunch. My problem with many cereals is that they get soggy waaaay too fast, but Captain Crunch solves this problem by being, uh, crunchy! And it tastes good, too. What more could you want from a wholesome nutritious sugary breakfast item?

May 22, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
Try yogurt with your cereal. It's real good.

Get a fruit yogurt or something plain-ish, though.

May 22, 2014 at 4:23 AM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
Cream of wheat with salt, sugar and butter. (no milk)

What? Hot cereal is still cereal.

I can't remember the last time I had cold cereal.... (2 years ago was it?)

May 22, 2014 at 4:41 AM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
Corn Flakes. All day erry day. :3

...I wish :( Plain Corn Flakes is my favorite and we never have any. When we do, it's not enough...

When I was younger I had Fruity Cheerios in cranberry juice at my school one day, just because. It was surprisingly unterrible. =o

Frosted Flakes is an acceptable substitute for Corn Flakes. Sometimes I like to indulge in things like Cinnamon Toast Crunch and recent new favorite Captain Crunch. An obscure cereal I had once many years ago, which I believe was La Lechera, is my second favorite. ^_^

LIFE is fairly good as well. I usually eat cereal only with milk, I've had it with orange juice once and it wasn't very good. The Corn Flakes rooster and I go out for golf and drinks on the weekends.

...and that's all you need to know! :D

May 22, 2014 at 5:18 AM
Melon Lord
"Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-Wacka-BLEIUP"
As of recent, the thing I've been eating a lot is Fruit Loops. That's mostly due to my little brother and such. It's usually a bit crunchy and has the right amount of it when I actually eat it in the morning.

Though, if you want to know the weirdest cereal combo I ever had, it was Lipton Raspberry Iced Tea on Cocoa Puffs. I can remember it distinctly as a little kid at about age 6 or 7. For some reason I was eating it behind a treadmill. It tasted oddly good. Maybe. It's been a little over 10 years after all. I could've not noticed it was tea, or was starving enough to make such an inane combo.

May 22, 2014 at 5:25 AM
Perpetually out of it
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Think I used to have some sort of addiction to Pops a couple years back...
But cereal isn't really something I've eaten for a while now, though if I had to pick a current favorite, it would probably be..
Err...Honey Nut Cheerios? Not sure why, it's just something about them appeal to me so much. Also, chocolate milk. Goes pretty well with any kind of cereal, to be honest.

A bit off-topic, but I distinctly remember my friend's British dad who would frequently eat Captain Crunch with heavy whipping cream.

May 22, 2014 at 6:29 AM
thinks dogs are cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Get this: Cookie. Crisp.
I know, right?

But anywho, I prefer either chocolate milk or vanilla milk in my cereal and I've never used anything else in my entire life. I'm not even joking.
...unless you count without milk and just plain as one, then I might be lying. :V

And I don't know how anyone could eat hot cereal. Sounds weird yet fun.

May 22, 2014 at 6:52 AM
Giving it my all and shooting for the moon.
Modding Community Discord Admin
Ehh, I usually just have Apple Cinnamon Chex or Honey Bunches of Oats these days. I've also never had cereal with anything other than some form of milk (using soy milk was a horrible idea).

Though when I was a young lad, I recall one time there was one of those knockoff brands of cereal produced by the local store itself. It was essentially Coco Puffs with the Lucky Charms Marshmellows, and I would have chocolate milk to complement it.

Now diabetes is a thing.

May 22, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Beakface
"All your forum are belong to us!"
Honey Comb cereal and Alpha Bits. Man I haven't eaten Alpha Bits in a long while. It was always fun to take more cereal out of the box and make words, then gobble them up. Plus the old packaging had an interactive story to read on the back of the box, which was pretty entertaining.

My favourite cereal at the moment is probably Mini Wheats. Just the plain kind, or the mini cocoa bits. We have a bunch of raspberry filled ones that I don't really like. The original frosted version has just the right bit of sweetness and graininess, and I especially enjoy it when the milk softens it.

I'll admit sugary cereals like Froot Loops and Lucky Charms are my breakfast guilty pleasures, though I don't eat them super often anymore. Cocoa Puffs are delicious too but I can't seem to find them in Canada, at least not in my region. I managed to buy a box from a supermarket in Malaysia...of course now I want to savour it, so I haven't touched it since I brought it back home.

Usually I don't put anything in my cereal other than milk. I remember once having Silk with cereal though, and it tasted pretty bad. Then again, I didn't like the taste of Silk to begin with.

May 22, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Forever 12
I always eat froot loops, usually with just milk. One time however, I ate Mini Wheats with chocolate milk and it was surprisingly good. I'd do it again.

I also enjoy corn pops, mini-wheats and honey nut cheerios, My family just can't have honey nut cheerios in the house anymore, as my brother has an allergy to peanuts and nuts in general.

I usually don't eat very sugary cereal (other then froot loops), and I've only had lucky charms once.

May 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM
Indie game enthusiast
"What is a man!? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!"
Hmmm... favorites...

Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran, is really tasty when you just have plain milk.

Raisin Nut Bran, is a little too sweet these days to me, but that's an enjoyable cereal too. Probably would benefit having a banana cut up in it with milk~

Frosted Mini Wheats is a nice basic, get-you-to-drink-all-the-milk cereal. Also good with a banana.

Oh... Honey Bunches of Oats (almonds or chocolate) is great with fruits; strawberry, blueberry, blackberry, banana, rasberry, etc

Honey Nut Cheerios is pretty good with bananas...

When you get to the healthier cereals like... maybe Kashi, Deutsche Küche premium fruit, Nature's Path or even that Fiber One cereal brand are all great on top of good yogurt. Even Greek Yogurt... especially when you pair it with fresh fruit!

You can create some real delicacies with the right pairings...

Though, every now and then classic cereals are fun too. (Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Capt Crunch... lol)

I always kinda wanted to do Orange Juice in Cereal, but it just seems too weird :p

May 22, 2014 at 12:19 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Cracklin oat bran is delicious. I mostly eat healthy adult cereals with berries, but I'm always a sucker for sugar cereals on the off chance they're in the house. My sister got lucky charms recently and mmmm. Favorite sugar cereal might be fruity pebbles or frosted flakes. I like most

Except Captain Crunch. That shit is awful and scratches the roof of your mouth.

Oh right. Once out of desperation I ate corn flakes with minute maid pink lemonade. It was so terrible. Also once I put fruit loops on a pizza for some reason

May 22, 2014 at 2:15 PM
Professional Whatever
You guys are adventurous. Vector cereal with plain old milk is my cereal of choice.

May 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM
Been here way too long...
I always have my cereal with cold milk. Too afraid to try anything else. For the past 7 years I haven't had anything but cornflakes because it's cheap and good (and I'm also too afraid to try something exotic), but back when I was in Canada I loved Fruit Loops (which aren't available where I live now). They were really really nice. I still don't know whether they actually had a fruity flavor or it was just birghtly colored, but if not, my autosuggestion made up for it. I also used to put them on string and make necklaces out of them.
Oh, how I wish I could have them again...

May 22, 2014 at 4:23 PM
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
I'm a guy that eats cereal waaay too much...

I think I literally only ate cereal and cake yesterday, because I was at home on my own most of the day... xP
In terms of my favourite cereal, I would say that ASDA's rip off of weetos, 'Choco Hoops', have always been my fave. Mostly because they're chocolatey, cheap, and taste great. Also, I despise any human who refuses to have milk on their cereal.

I have had some moments where I accidentally poured orange juice in my bowl in the morning >.<

May 22, 2014 at 6:06 PM
War criminal
Hmm.. Favorite cereal... Honey Bunches of Oats. All day, every day.

May 22, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Amaya
Discord Group Moderator
Oh dear I think I may have been misinterpreted with the orange juice. =o

Not sure if that's what a few of you were referring to, but I meant to say that I had a glass of orange juice with my normal cereal once and it wasn't very good. It was a derpy sentence, sorry! I'm not sure why cereal in commercials is often paired with orange juice...

May 22, 2014 at 6:17 PM
War criminal
In some cereal commercials, the cereal would be placed with a glass of orange juice and a glass of milk, as if the milk in the cereal and the orange juice isn't already a bad combination.

May 22, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Based Member
Well, I haven't had much standard cereal recently, because the past 4 years I've been mostly in the habit of having oatmeal for breakfast... But there are a few occasions where there's some sugary cereal in the house and I'll eat it for breakfast every once in a while. I really like Captain Cruch, especially the peanut buttery kind, Recees puffs, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and Apple Jacks. And oh man, I used to love Oreo O's. I'll never forget those Saturday mornings watching Sonic X on the FoxBox while eating a bowl of Oreo O's. Good times. It saddens me that Oreo O's are now only available on South Korea.

I went through quite a few periods in my life when I ate Cracklin Oat Bran. I remember one morning when I was 7, just for the heck of it I decided to say "clecklin' oot brin," in a really weird accent while rolling the l's and r's. I didn't get much of a reaction out of my mom, even after saying it several times, but later that night when I went up to bed and my brother was in our room, I said it again, and he just stared at me. After a few seconds of silence, we both burst into laughter. He was 10 or 11 years old at the time.

And of course, I always just have regular milk with my cereal, except for if I decide to have it as a snack, in which case I'll sometimes have it dry. I myself never did anything too outrageous with my cereal, though my dad sometimes did on accident. He went through quite a period where he'd have a bowl of raisin bran and a glass of orange juice or apple juice for breakfast. Sometimes, though, he'd forget to pour the milk into his cereal and absent-mindedly pour his juice into it instead. How quickly he caught himself doing this varied. Sometimes he'd catch himself and realize what he was doing right as he was pouring it, and other times he'd realize after a couple bites that something about his cereal wasn't tasting right.

May 22, 2014 at 7:55 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
HaydenStudios said:
And oh man, I used to love Oreo O's. I'll never forget those Saturday mornings watching Sonic X on the FoxBox while eating a bowl of Oreo O's. Good times.

I feel robbed not having that in my childhood.