Favorite area

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:13 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
Hello. Time to answer times most important question. What’s your favorite area in cave story. Anything counts. Egg Corridor? Yeah. Mimiga town? Why not. That space behind the wall in Curly’s house where you find her panties? Definitely. I’m pretty fond of Hell, but OuterWall and Mimiga Town are nice too.

Jan 19, 2019 at 4:16 PM
"Wow! The more I drink of this magical beverage, the more games I can play! Wheee!"
the outer wall is pretty cool and i wish it lasted a bit longer

Jan 19, 2019 at 5:34 PM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I have a bit of a soft spot for the Pixel room in Living Waterway, it holds one of two vital locations for the 3rd ending and saving Curly.

Also, Pixel's kid will be 15 yrs old on August 8th, considering one of the books Quote reads in that room

Jan 19, 2019 at 7:12 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
i like the waterway and the outerwall

and also arthurs house and grasstown

also mimiga village

also plantation and graveyard places are pretty cool but not for the same reasons they're just like neat kind of mysterious

Jan 19, 2019 at 9:04 PM
The TideWalker
Modding Community Discord Founder
"That dog!"
I think Grasstown was my favorite place. It felt like a very warm happy and safe place you got to roam around in while blasting critters heads off.

I've always likes tall, soft, warm grass. I use to run in fields of it a lot, many years ago.

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:56 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
"All your forum are belong to us!"
I think Grasstown was my favorite place. It felt like a very warm happy and safe place you got to roam around in while blasting critters heads off.

I've always likes tall, soft, warm grass. I use to run in fields of it a lot, many years ago.

kind of related to that have you ever been in a field of grass where one direction all you could see was just grass and sky and nothing else

that would be kind of a cool place to be

Jan 20, 2019 at 1:43 AM
"Huzzah!"
i like hell because its hard. i liked it when i made it harder
not an ad for true hell

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:07 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
Personally, my favorite area is the statue chamber found in Hell. Mainly because it's a nice break from all the action, and a place to restock on weapons and items for the fight ahead. It also shows that Numahachi, the guy who carved the statues of the crown bearers, really had some hope deep down, since he carved the protagonists underneath the works that were presumably forced on him by Ballos or the Doctor or someone else.

just kidding LOL its the ma pignon room because ma epic mushroom : D : D : D
he's teh best!!

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:00 AM
"Huzzah!"
Waterway, Outer Wall and the Balcony. All three places just felt kinda chill, like a little break in-between fighting for your life. Or maybe the background music in those particular areas just put me in a false sense of security. Even desperately trying to jump around Outer Wall, not fall off, whilst avoiding ghostly sperm and whatever those jumping critters were, I was still relaxed.

Jan 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM
Deliverer of Sweets
Bobomb says: "I need a hug!"
the outer wall is pretty cool and i wish it lasted a bit longer
I second this, calm nightly aesthetics like Outer Wall has is defenitely my kinda thing.

Jan 20, 2019 at 12:17 PM
i like hell because its hard.
Yeah that’s the only reason I like it too. I was stuck on he area for like 3 months (I’m not very good at video games) so maybe I just grew to really like the level. Also I tend to like hard things in games, even if it takes me forever to finish them.

Jan 20, 2019 at 3:01 PM
Plantation 'cause
"Tell ya'll story 'bout a cave ~ "

Jan 20, 2019 at 7:35 PM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
I always get good vibes from the Labyrinth and Waterway. Those mid/late game areas are ones that I'm fond of because of how fun they are to play through compared to the rest of the game. The aesthetics are nice as well, and I really like the music from those locations too. :mahin:

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:20 AM
I always get good vibes from the Labyrinth and Waterway. Those mid/late game areas are ones that I'm fond of because of how fun they are to play through compared to the rest of the game. The aesthetics are nice as well, and I really like the music from those locations too. :mahin:
Yeah. In my opinion, the game really starts to pick up at SandZone. Not that the areas before it are bad (there really good tbh), but the game really starts to be more enjoyable after them.

Jan 21, 2019 at 1:57 AM
Tommy Thunder
Discord Group Admin
Org Discord Moderator
"Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun."
Yeah. In my opinion, the game really starts to pick up at SandZone. Not that the areas before it are bad (there really good tbh), but the game really starts to be more enjoyable after them.
Haha, Sand Zone happens to be one of my least favorite areas in the game because of the puppy quest. The amount of backtracking you have to do in the Sand Zone (and after you fight Omega) really kills the mood for me. Same goes for Bushlands. This is why I typically dislike playing through Cave Story's early game, although I'm usually fine with playing through the Egg Corridor because of its brevity. Admittedly, this is only an issue if you've played the game ad nauseam; I definitely remember enjoying those areas on my first couple of playthroughs.

The aesthetics and the music for Bushlands and Sand Zone don't particularly do it for me either. The settings for both areas aren't super uninspired, as I think the interesting enemy designs breathe life into them, but a grass area and a desert area aren't the most interesting in the world. Labyrinth feels more abstract, which I think is cool. Places like Waterway and Plantation feel pretty standard, but just different enough to not feel like "World 1 and World 2 of New Super Mario Bros." :p

Jan 21, 2019 at 3:12 AM
Yeah the puppy side quest in sand zone is annoying. The rest of it is pretty good, in my opinion. It’s probably just me being biased cause Curly is one of my favorite characters :/.Actually the puppy side quest isn’t that bad in every version but the original, because you can stack the puppies instead of doing one at a time. I agree that bush lands is a bit of a drag to get through. If I’m replaying the game, I’ll usually stop around Bushlands or SandZone because I get bored and want to do something else aside from get jelly or some puppies.

Jan 22, 2019 at 2:21 AM
"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Mimiga Village.
Period.

Jan 22, 2019 at 7:38 AM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
Labyrinth M
Two Reasons:
Curly
Music
nuff said