Favorite and Least Favorite Boss Battles?

Oct 17, 2018 at 1:40 AM
lol
Modding Community Discord Moderator
"All your forum are belong to us!"
You can only have one blade on the screen at a time.
But the blade does so much insane damage that it becomes hp control and blade skills to utterly spam it.

Oct 17, 2018 at 4:22 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
Blade is a good spam weapon against monster x, but lvl 3 is kinda slow. Since I'm on hardmode, I can't really level it back down to lv2. Accidentally getting exp is really easy for me.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 6:33 PM
"Wahoo! Upgrade!"
But the blade does so much insane damage that it becomes hp control and blade skills to utterly spam it.
But...you can only have one blade onscreen at a time.

Oct 17, 2018 at 6:51 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
But...you can only have one blade onscreen at a time.
I would say that it doesn't really matter that you can only have one Blade on-screen when it's very damaging.
Since the Blade vanishes instantly on hit, you can just get close to that enemy and send another Blade. It can deal 18 damage on Level 2, and that is a lot. It's approximately 108 damage per second. Sure, bosses are still tough, but enemies just die too fast to do any damage to you. Not even the flying bones in Sand Zone enemy projectiles matter, since you destroy them with the Blade, too.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018 at 7:12 PM
"Ha! Ha! Ha! Mega Man is no match for my Mimiga Man!"
you don't have the blade in sand zone tho

Oct 17, 2018 at 7:14 PM
Org Discord Admin
"This is the greatest handgun ever made! You have to ask yourself, do I feel lucky?"
you don't have the blade in sand zone tho
oh dang you're right

Still, most projectiles you encounter afterwards can be destroyed, and the Blade helps in doing this.

Oct 22, 2018 at 8:15 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yes, LV3 blade is bad for some bosses (ie misery) but can be really good when...
fighting against the Undead Core and Misery is spamming the orange fish trash.
Because, you should be able to kill a lot of them with one shot right?

Oct 22, 2018 at 9:05 PM
ZYZZ Spur is the best gun because its super cool
Yes, LV3 blade is bad for some bosses (ie misery) but can be really good when...
its really good in the labyritnh i think
(also i spelled labryhitnh wrong)

Oct 23, 2018 at 2:05 AM
lol
Just kill Misery first, Sue is much easier to contend with, and she can't fire any Goldfish missiles.

Oct 23, 2018 at 3:47 AM
Soup Man
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
unrelated but i always read the title of this thread as "Fortnite and least favorite boss battles" before correcting myself

my favorite boss is dark gunsmith

Oct 23, 2018 at 7:13 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Just kill Misery first, Sue is much easier to contend with, and she can't fire any Goldfish missiles.
Yeah, but if you are bad at keeping health, you'd want misery to spawn killables to get Hearts (and missles)

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:09 PM
lol
Yeah, but if you are bad at keeping health, you'd want misery to spawn killables to get Hearts (and missles)
Yeah but having to deal with goldfish missiles is much more strainful later on in the fight, because she'll begin spawning those in tandem with the bats and critters, like how getting the missile launcher means you'll get less exp and hearts in exchange for some ammo.

Oct 23, 2018 at 9:34 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Then just beat the Undead Core quickly, with the price of it being more difficult.

Oct 24, 2018 at 7:13 AM
lol
Then just beat the Undead Core quickly, with the price of it being more difficult.
I find Sue to be extremely easy to work around, once you understand her AI of course; it's very basic and only requires some timing. I feel Misery is more difficult to contend with because she has those minions, and goldfish missiles if you defeat Sue, to be much harder to avoid. Sue can take a good 1/20th of the map, but those bats and goldfish missiles have the entire x-axis covered, even more so the goldfish missiles since they don't go away.

Oct 24, 2018 at 3:37 PM
"Fly, Fly, Fly!"
Yeah. But really, who cares?
Just kill one of them, or all of them.

Nov 8, 2018 at 6:57 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
For sure Misery battle was the worst. On my first run alone I had to fight her nearly 50 times just from dying on her.
The best was Undead Core. I enjoyed slowly getting better and eventually beating it, but Misery really tested my patience. I couldn’t ever get in a good groove with her. Plus the art for Undead Core’s stages are just enough creepiness and feels like a great progression.

Nov 8, 2018 at 8:10 AM
War criminal
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
For sure Misery battle was the worst. On my first run alone I had to fight her nearly 50 times just from dying on her.
The best was Undead Core. I enjoyed slowly getting better and eventually beating it, but Misery really tested my patience. I couldn’t ever get in a good groove with her. Plus the art for Undead Core’s stages are just enough creepiness and feels like a great progression.
Misery's pretty easy, strategy wise.
Her attacks go 1, 1, 2, no matter how many rings go around her or how far she is from you.
Attack 1, float still, offering you to attack her before shooting a line of energy orbs.
Attack 2, same as Attack 1, but magically summons a block above you instead of the energy balls.
Misery will always attack in the 1, 1, 2 pattern, try to stay as close as you can if you don't want her to use lightning, don't get greedy, the most damage you can do to her per round is ~86 hp, if you think she's too low to shoot from the bottom when she has the rings orbiting around her, just attack her from the sides.

Hope this can help make her easier :)

Nov 11, 2018 at 2:36 AM
Neophyte Member
"Fresh from the Bakery"
Favorite: Core
Least favorite: The Doctor