Execution Chamber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2012 at 5:51 PM
daughter of chivalry
"Bleep, Bloop, Bleep, Bloop"
Y'know, that building in grasstown with the presses inside. What is that place doing there? I always thought the mimigas were a peaceful race that wouldn't do such things like that. I'm a bit fuzzy on Cave Story's story and if the doctor actually went to herb village, but perhaps it was designed to execute mimigas by him?

What do ya'll think?

Jun 1, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Been here way too long...
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
I assumed it was left over from the war ten years ago. I don't know who was executing who though. War is hell.

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Veteran Member
"The Ultimate Sword of Extraordinary Magnitude"
Yeah, it could have been either robots executing Mimigas or the other way around. I always assumed the former because robots were the merciless invaders (and "intruder - kill!" Malco is pretty near to it) but in the 3DS versionthere's the remains of a robot in there.

Heck, could have been both. The robots could have made it to get rid of Mimigas only to have the Mimigas use it on them after they managed to retake the place.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM
Maybe it was to execute enraged Mimigas after the robots had been destroyed and Miakid defeated.

You know, I can't believe I never thought about the execution chamber before now. I just accepted its existence without question.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:16 AM
"Master using it, and you can have this!"
Come on guys really?

The Execution Chamber has nothing whatsoever to do with the plot.

It's just a room in the game :p

It was named the Execution Chamber because usually the first time a player gets to that point in the game they will die. This is because of the first time seeing the "press" enemy.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:07 AM
THE suus
"Keep on rollin'!"
Maybe it was to execute enraged Mimigas after the robots had been destroyed and Miakid defeated.

You know, I can't believe I never thought about the execution chamber before now. I just accepted its existence without question.

Huh, me nether. I just sorta rendered it as a currently important room because of the fact that a *health capsule* was up there. damn...

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Come on guys really?

People have been using this forum to develop a backstory to Cave Story since you were in middle school. This entire forum is made up of people with a great respect for the game, and some of them take it very seriously. Don't come in here and tell us we're taking it too seriously. Almost all of your posts have been something along the lines of "lol it's just a game." You're not going to get anywhere with that attitude, especially in a subforum created specifically for taking the game too seriously.

Show some respect for what we do here, or get out.

And I don't care how much you were joking just now, you weren't joking enough.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:16 AM
daughter of chivalry
Come on guys really?

It was named the Execution Chamber because usually the first time a player gets to that point in the game they will die. This is because of the first time seeing the "press" enemy.

And how do you know that? Did you ask Pixel yourself?

While you are right that it's a room of possibly imminent death with the press enemy, there is probably a reason it's there. As Fab said, it most likely has to do with the war. The game does have a plot, you know. I don't think some of the things are just placed there willy nilly, which, again, leads to us making theories about these things. The same thing goes for a lot of video games.

Also Duke Serkol pretty much proved it with the mention that there was a smashed robot in the 3DS version.

EDIT: Screw you Fab

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Veteran Member
Also, besides the name and functionality (it being just a narrow building with presses in it), there's a skull above the door outside.

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:07 AM
People have been using this forum to develop a backstory to Cave Story since you were in middle school
wh0a you're old school man I didn't know sorry I should back off...

pretty much proved it

Their you go again with a strong word like "proved" again, like it was engraved in stone forever.

Come on I listened to your opinion could you try to listen to mine?

But eh that's partly my bad because I started that post off with "Come on guys really?"

It was just my guess on it. Oh and this was before you talked to me in that other thread Desu, just thought you should know. :)

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:13 AM
In my body, in my head
Forum Moderator
The reason we have these threads is so I can make shit like this
(pg13)

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:15 AM
Jun 2, 2012 at 4:23 AM
daughter of chivalry
Their you go again with a strong word like "proved" again, like it was engraved in stone forever.

Come on I listened to your opinion could you try to listen to mine?

*There. Yeah sorry I used the word "proved". I guess "provided some useful evidence supporting Fab's theory" would work better.

Oh and Noxid make dat pictur ALOT less blood and gore for me. Now i know why king said i'm ganna be sick

Jun 2, 2012 at 4:52 AM
*that *picture *a lot *I
Hahah I'm kidding but yeah thanks.

On that note, Noxid is talented artist yes? Even in his scribbles very nice.

Jun 2, 2012 at 6:39 AM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
I've wondered about this ever since the first time I played. Same with that house up the top with the Ravil in it. Weird place for a house period, and how did the red petals get there? Or into Arthur's basement? D: The latter looks kinda like it might have been left over from an idea that never got implemented, because in the game it does literally nothing.

Jun 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM
Only Love, Maximum Love, Forever
If "you guys take everything too seriously" is a legitimate theory, then I'm quitting the theories section.

On topic though, I think it is one of the more grim settings in the game.
Cave Story actually has a lot of grim undertones, when you think about it.

Jun 2, 2012 at 12:35 PM
Veteran Member
how did the red petals get there? Or into Arthur's basement? D: The latter looks kinda like it might have been left over from an idea that never got implemented, because in the game it does literally nothing.
I've always suspected King to have eaten a few petals (or seeds?) but not enough to make him undergo the transformation.
It would explain both his aggressiveness and the color of his eyes.

Jun 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM
hi hi
"What're YOU lookin' at?"
I've always suspected King to have eaten a few petals (or seeds?) but not enough to make him undergo the transformation.
What do you want from King? He just can't stand that lots of mimigas have been killed. Anyway, the execution chamber could be used to destroy killer robots. Mimigas could destroy robots in easy way... But that's only my theory.

Jun 2, 2012 at 3:58 PM
Bonds that separate us
Forum Administrator
Yeah the robots wouldn't really need one, it'd be a waste of time

Jun 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM

I agree with Mixer and that fact that King has just seen some shit. Or maybe even not that, maybe his eyes are just red. But I think his past definitely affected most of his facial features.

Remember when Quote gets back from Grasstown? King was surprised when Booster explained to everyone what the red flowers did. So I don't think King had ever even seen red flowers before.

Status
Not open for further replies.