Eversion

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:24 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
"Life begins and ends with Nu."
p124133-0-eversion1.png

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for this game yet. (I did the search thing, which turned up nothing)

So anyways, premise of the game is simple: Collect Jewels, save princess, evert at eversion points.

Can be downloaded from the creator's site.

Controls:
Keyboard: Arrows move, Z jumps, X everts
Joystick: Pad moves, B1 jumps, B2 everts

Best described as a simple yet fun game.

Note: people posting in this thread should use spoilers, so as not to spoil anything for anyone.

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:40 AM
Been here way too long...
The reason we do not have a threaad is because everyone has played Eversion.
Everyone. Here.
Because they all have some common sense.

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:43 AM
A old relic from older days
"..."
Hmm, I wonder what could've prompted you to post this? :B

Awesome game, Eversion. Definitely up there on my list of personal favorites, though I wish there was a bit more clarification on exactly how you evert. The first time I played it, I quit after level 2 because I never noticed the eversion spots, but like a year later I found it again and got through it. Got the happy ending, too!

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:54 AM
Cripplechair said:
Awesome game, Eversion. Definitely up there on my list of personal favorites, though I wish there was a bit more clarification on exactly how you evert. The first time I played it, I quit after level 2 because I never noticed the eversion spots, but like a year later I found it again and got through it. Got the happy ending, too!
Holy man-nipple, this applies directly to me as well.
And to everyone who thinks "This game looks pretty lame," there is a lot more to it than you think. This is one book that can't be judged by its cover.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:13 AM
http://imgur.com/EuvCtsQ
"In Soviet Russia, graves keep YOU!"
/me cries softly

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:24 AM
"..."
Captain Fabulous said:
And to everyone who thinks "This game looks pretty lame," there is a lot more to it than you think. This is one book that can't be judged by its cover.

Agreed. It's amazing how mood-setting Eversion gets with such simple graphics

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:05 AM
Lvl 1
Forum Moderator
I actually made this thread since I wanted to make a comment on how Eversion is similar to this one NES game.

The game doesn't start until about 1:45, and the part you'll want to look at is 3:30-4:00.
I think how the game just changes there is really interesting, and the game would've been somewhat good if they developed that idea further. But other than that it's a pretty bad NES game.

Apr 11, 2011 at 7:17 AM
"..."
...wait. WAIT! I saw a screencap of the "Sorry, I'm dead" screen of this game a long time ago, and never could find out what it was from! So THIS is the source, thank you!

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:39 PM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
<3 Steam version because High Res and Time Attack and achievements and yaaaaaay

Also, i played the game for the first time at night, but didn't have any sound and it killed it and I'm sad now because i can never go back and experience it for the first time all over again.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:23 PM
The regular version has time attack as well. What a shame it doesn't have achievements though, I'm sure those would make Eversion twelve times better. It just seems like the kind of game where you need trivial awards and challenges every step of the way.

Apr 26, 2011 at 9:08 PM
Assistance
"All your forum are belong to us!"
The steam version of Eversion also has a special ending, don't forget that.

diph.php

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Pirate Member
"Big Joe Tire and Battery Restaurant! Opening Soon! Eat at Big Joes!"
Captain Fabulous said:
The regular version has time attack as well. What a shame it doesn't have achievements though, I'm sure those would make Eversion twelve times better. It just seems like the kind of game where you need trivial awards and challenges every step of the way.
The version i first played didn't have time attack, even after best ending.
Also some of the achievements are funny-ish. The one for modding the files is my favorite. That, or the one for getting all the hidden letters in the Steam version.